• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The only reason anyone brings up Diskun is because there are a few individuals in this thread that think that their random *ss favorite character is more credible than your random *ss favorite character on the basis that they are them and you are not.
You still have a lot to learn, young padawan. :p

oh....

hey guys....

ninten isn't getting in, sorry to say....
Funny how if Ninten didn't wear a hat, he'd basically be a shoo-in.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think Palutena is a possibility, but I don't find her likely.
I think she's one of the most likely.

No... people don't think he's not getting in because we're fine with Ness and Lucas.
We are fine with Ness & Lucas because Ness basically represents the first 2 games as Mother 2 is so similar to Mother 1 in terms of style and characters. But, if Ninten wasn't so similar it wouldn't be right not to have him.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
On a side note, here's my updated roster. This isn't what I want, its what I expect. Chrom & Lucina is based off of a supposed "leak", and I don't expect that to happen.

View attachment 3925
A Chrom & Lucina duo won't work or make sense. Duos should be for 2 identical characters with identical traits and abilities. Just pick one or the other.

No he wouldn't be.
Maybe not a shoo-in, but it'd be a pretty dang obvious choice. It wouldn't be right not to have the last protagonist. But, it's okay right now because the 2 games and characters are so similar that's it's not necessary.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Guys reps don't matter, sakurai isn't going to add another mario character just because "oh there needs to be 5 slots because muh representation".... he'll only consider a mario character if they bring a new playstyle to the game, if there isn't any he won't add any, simple.

Same with mother, people think we should get 3 reps because muh representation/slots whatever.... if sakurai thinks that most mother characters don't bring anything new we are not getting any.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Guys reps don't matter, sakurai isn't going to add another mario character just because "oh there needs to be 5 slots because muh representation".... he'll only consider a mario character if they bring a new playstyle to the game, if there isn't any he won't add any, simple.
This can pretty much apply to any franchise if the developers are too lazy to declone certain characters. At least Falco is less of a Fox clone in Brawl.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think she's one of the most likely.
Realistically, there are no newcomers that are "very likely". They all have their drawbacks. With Melee and Brawl, it was easy to pick and predict likely newcomers because there were so many holes left open for Nintendo's greatest, characters like Meta Knight, Olimar, Wario, and Diddy Kong. Here, we really don't need that many new characters. That's why it's tough to predict.

In all honesty, the one character I'd be surprised not to make it in is Mewtwo. Everyone else is up in the air for me. I mean, I'm sure some of the characters we advocate will get in, but there is no clear cut, super-duper likely character.

And when I meant Palutena isn't likely, I meant that you people put her on the "100% Likely" pedestal. I meant she is by no means a shoo-in. Likely and plausible? Of course. Guaranteed to be in the game? Of course not.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good late afternoon all, I'm back and I hope you're doing well. Well, Well-ish in the least. Looks like it's been pretty standard around here as of the past few days, over thirty pages and let me say a "hoorah 1200 pages!" line since I didn't the opportunity to do so before. I didn't bother reading the pages as I'm sure it was the same-old same-old, AKA complaining about things, useless arguments that go nowhere and the discussion of future character reveals as we are now officially over a month without a character being shown off. Oh well, at least I have my 3rd playthrough of X to occupy myself.

And it looks like the topic is reps in general, this ought to be interesting. :p

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Good late afternoon all, I'm back and I hope you're doing well. Well, Well-ish in the least. Looks like it's been pretty standard around here as of the past few days, over thirty pages and let me say a "hoorah 1200 pages!" line since I didn't the opportunity to do so before. I didn't bother reading the pages as I'm sure it was the same-old same-old, AKA complaining about things, useless arguments that go nowhere and the discussion of future character reveals as we are now officially over a month without a character being shown off. Oh well, at least I have my 3rd playthrough of X to occupy myself.

And it looks like the topic is reps in general, this ought to be interesting. :p
well there was a nuclear meltdown, the other day, but other than that you didn't miss much

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Realistically, there are no newcomers that are "very likely". They all have their drawbacks. With Melee and Brawl, it was easy to pick and predict likely newcomers because there were so many holes left open for Nintendo's greatest, characters like Meta Knight, Olimar, Wario, and Diddy Kong. Here, we really don't need that many new characters. That's why it's tough to predict.
Those Brawl newcomers were as likely then as the major newcomers we predict for SSB4 are now. Just because users can manufacture crap arguments about SSB4 potential newcomers now and have the herds believe them, doesn't mean they're any more valid than the crap arguments people manufactured about Brawl newcomers back in the day. We just have the benefit of hindsight now to know that "he's competing with Dedede to be the second Kirby rep," "he's too small," "if he were going to get in, he'd have been Mario's clone in Melee," or "Nintendo doesn't care about Rare's characters" are, indeed, crap.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
This can pretty much apply to any franchise if the developers are too lazy to declone certain characters. At least Falco is less of a Fox clone in Brawl.
*munch* munch* Yep, but decloning will happen though, with a bigger dev team this time around it'll probably be safe to assume some characters will get reworked, (except maybe for TL because of that dumb rule).

Also Hotfeet is Excalibur omg everybody run! (nice pic lol)

It'd be nice if you guys actually broke down character movesets and ya know explain why they would bring something new to the game instead of saying sales figures, recency, reps, etc.

Espio264

Smash Ace
You still have a lot to learn, young padawan. :p
Who are you calling young? I'm old enough to not have been in preschool when Smash 64 came out.

There is plenty of knowledge spread among the users in this thread. More than you give us credit for. But obviously some of us are a little more experienced in sarcasm.

And Hell, I'm on board. Give Ness a Ninten scarf for a throwback costume.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
How much further can you re-work Falco?
I didn't say Falco, i meant wolf and others, wolf you could give him some black market weapons instead of reflector and stuff, and since he's a villain you could give him a dirty fighting style.

As for falco, maybe change the split kick, and foward tilt... small things like that. oh and obviously give him a arwing final smash, cuz you know he prefers your ass, the air. :awesome:

Bk: thats a nice idea, oh and no fox should keep da landmasta, wolf and falco should have different Final smashes.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wouldn't really make sense. If you give him an Arwing you might as well give Fox an Arwing and then give Wolf a Wolfen.

inb4 "Falco prefers teh air" excuse

It would make perfect sense considering Falco's specialty is in fact being the "Ace Pilot."

Fox on the other hand is noted in canon to be the best Landmaster pilot in the series (only Slippy beats him in Assault's multiplayer)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Wouldn't really make sense. If you give him an Arwing you might as well give Fox an Arwing and then give Wolf a Wolfen.
you asked for a way how he can get more different, I gave you a response, if you don't like it then don't even ask in the first place, mate
plus, the landmaster is already incorporated in the game, It would make no sense for sakurai to get rid of all three of them
inb4 "Falco prefers teh air" excuse
MemeCenter_1383520190859_959.jpg

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Yoshi Eggs hard to aim? Tch. You guys clearly don't know the ways of the eggs.

One must be one with the trajectory.
One must be one with the distance.
One must be one... with the egg!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
How would Falco use the Arwing, I feel it would be very awkward to control, would the Arwing move slowly so you can shoot opponents accurately?
Or is it like Snake's Final Smash?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
How would Falco use the Arwing, I feel it would be very awkward to control, would the Arwing move slowly so you can shoot opponents accurately?
Or is it like Snake's Final Smash?
I'm guessing it would be similar to snake's, you press A to shoot lasers toward the stage for a short time.

Or it could be like Jin's bloodia vulcan, where he fires a bunch of lasers on the stage.

Or it could be like bluepikmin suggested, a captain falcon esque move where he finishes you off with a B bomb. Lots of possibilities.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Those of you who think that Star Fox doesn't deserve anymore characters clearly haven't considered the Barrel Roll's importance to the series and therefore the history of Nintendo.

Just sayin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom