• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Well toon link did have a game coming out, Lucas doesent so there's kind off a difference there.
Ok, that's true. I just get annoyed whenever someone says Lucas isn't unique. He shares a few moves with Ness. Big whoop. Everything else is completely unique.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well toon link did have a game coming out, Lucas doesent so there's kind off a difference there.
Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, and Lucas are deconfirmed because they are irrelevant and not recent.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
So, like, I'm very tired and lazy at the moment, and the posts on this page are making very little sense to me...

Is there even a topic being discussed here, or is it just a mess like it usually is in this thread?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
But are there enough requests for those characters to be anything more than costumes? Most likely not.

Pichu was meant to be scrapped for Brawl, so chances are very high that he isn't coming back. Toon Zelda I can't vouch for. She shouldn't be an alternate costume.
We are talking about DLC.

Think about the potential of a floating professor head fighting in Smash Bros., it's a really amusing idea actually.
Not amusing enough to outweigh the fact that he's a real person that would just look stupid in Smash. It doesn't matter how popular he is or how amusing you convince yourself he is. Dr. Kawashima can't be in Smash because it's against the rules. Dr. Kawashima is the perfect Assist Trophy/Stage anyway so why would Sakurai skip out on that and waste a slot on a real person who would be the worst fighter ever?

Why would he NOT be an Assist Trophy/Stage (unless Sakurai doesn't want him as those because he's a real person).

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
So, like, I'm very tired and lazy at the moment, and the posts on this page are making very little sense to me...

Is there even a topic being discussed here, or is it just a mess like it usually is in this thread?
Eh, seems like a cross between the former and the latter.

Also, tired and lazy? Have a Lip to cheer you up. :p

I haz at least one picture to make someone happy. :p

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Not amusing enough to outweigh the fact that he's a real person that would just look stupid in Smash. It doesn't matter how popular he is or how amusing you convince yourself he is. Dr. Kawashima can't be in Smash because it's against the rules. Dr. Kawashima is the perfect Assist Trophy/Stage anyway so why would Sakurai skip out on that and waste a slot on a real person who would be the worst fighter ever?

Why would he NOT be an Assist Trophy/Stage (unless Sakurai doesn't want him as those because he's a real person).
Actually, Dr. Kawashima and Ryuta Kawashima are two different beings. One human, one a video game character. Dr Kawashima, the video game character, is a viable candidate for Smash. Perhaps not very likely, but viable nonetheless.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Actually, Dr. Kawashima and Ryuta Kawashima are two different beings. One human, one a video game character. Dr Kawashima, the video game character, is a viable candidate for Smash. Perhaps not very likely, but viable nonetheless.
Viable? Don't make me laugh. Even then it doesn't matter if they are two different beings because he represents a real life person. Even if he was viable he'd be lesser priority than every other ACTUAL Nintendo character. So it's not like he'd get in over anybody.

Now come on. You're encouraging BluePikmin11 to go on about this for another 3 pages.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
We are talking about DLC.

Ah. Even then I feel like playable character DLC should be a character that is unique from the roster. Although I definitely feel as if Alternate costumes could also be DLC.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Sakurai finds a floating head playable a very fun idea.. :p
...he'll dismiss it because it's based off of a real person and thus less priority than any other Nintendo Character.

Actually, Dr. Kawashima and Ryuta Kawashima are two different beings.
What's next? Napoleon Bonaparte? I mean the drawing IS a different being.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Viable? Don't make me laugh. Even then it doesn't matter if they are two different beings because he represents a real life person. Even if he was viable he'd be lesser priority than every other ACTUAL Nintendo character. So it's not like he'd get in over anybody.

Now come on. You're encouraging BluePikmin11 to go on about this for another 3 pages.
Who are you to decide it doesn't matter? You aren't Sakurai.

Until Sakurai says Dr. Kawashima will or won't be playable, we have no way to guarantee either or. Sakurai may have a sudden passion to include him, and bam, "Dr. Kawashima: Blows your mind!". It's likely he won't, but I won't deny the possibility.

Gune

Smash Lord
Ok, that's true. I just get annoyed whenever someone says Lucas isn't unique. He shares a few moves with Ness. Big whoop. Everything else is completely unique.
Yeah I get what you mean its annoying.
Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, and Lucas are deconfirmed because they are irrelevant and not recent.
I never said that you buttnugget!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Who are you to decide it doesn't matter? You aren't Sakurai. You really aren't helping your case.

Until Sakurai says Dr. Kawashima will or won't be playable, we have no way of telling. Sakurai may have a sudden passion to include him, and bam, "Dr. Kawashima: Blows your mind!". It's likely he won't, but I won't deny the possibility.
Well, I guess we can't deny the possibility of Goku either. But, I'm not going around defending him and giving other people hope about it.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Well, I guess we can't deny the possibility of Goku either. But, I'm not going around defending him and giving other people hope about it.
Goku violates the very rule you're accusing Dr. Kawashima, the floating head, of violating. I said Dr. Kawashima does not violate said rule, and therefore, is viable. Dr. Kawashima originated in a video game. Goku did not.

Arcadenick does that sometimes.
And so do you.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Goku violates the very rule you're accusing Dr. Kawashima, the floating head, of violating. I said Dr. Kawashima does not violate said rule, and therefore, is viable. Dr. Kawashima originated in a video game. Goku did not.
Goku originated in a video game.

:troll:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Dr. Kawashima originated from his father's sperm technically speaking. Unless there was a video game about his conception before it happened. But, that was in 1959 so probably not.

Well, Napoleon Bonaparte cannot exactly sue Nintendo for using his likeness. :troll:
You got me there :troll:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Like Toon Link? :glare:
Well, that pretty much destroys my argument. I was trying to word that differently. But what I meant was that Lucas doesn't have anything new to bring to the table. He's a PSI-powered kid, just like Ness, only instead of more technical moves, he's more brawn. I think the two of them together represent PSI power, but I don't know.

I love Lucas, I used to main him. I still do from time to time, it's just there will be cases where some less-than-unique characters will be low priority. I hope I'm wrong, because I actually want Lucas back more than anyone... except Zelda.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Dr. Kawashima originated from his father's sperm technically speaking. Unless there was a video game about his conception before it happened. But, that was in 1959 so probably not.
Are you suggesting a floating head can be conceived from a man's sperm?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would love for Sakurai to troll the Goku/Dragonball fantards by adding the "wrong" Goku. :troll:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
And so do you, little miss innocence :troll:
Then give me an example. I'm sure I have at some point in my life, but this is the first time you've ever said anything about it. I'd be more inclined to believe you if you brought it up at the time, like I did when you put words in MY mouth.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Character reveal tomorrow........ :)
Eh. Unless Sakurai does something for the announcement for that new Pikachu game, I doubt it happening. Would be cool to see someone, but meh, I'm fine with what we have now. This past week I have enjoyed the posts. They're very humorous, yet keep me in the dark, then BAM! Reveal. (Hopefully)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Are you suggesting a floating head can be conceived from a man's sperm?
It doesn't matter if the Dr. Kawashima in Brain Age is not really Dr. Kawashima, it's still the floating head of him. When will you understand that? You're starting to sound like BluePikmin.

Thus it can't happen. Even if it could, it won't because he's 0 priority to everyone else and would be better off as a Stage. I'll give you a million dollars and eat my own head if he does

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
It doesn't matter if the Dr. Kawashima in Brain Age is not really Dr. Kawashima, it's still the floating head of him. When will you understand that? You're starting to sound like BluePikmin.
"Who are you to decide it doesn't matter? YOU AREN'T SAKURAI."

When will YOU understand THAT!? :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom