• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
We're not GameFAQs where stupid threads are opened every day. These guidelines, rules and the "fun police" make these boards more respectable.
We're getting there, but I appreciate Venus fighting the good fight.
Just so you guys know, I'm not salty about muh Gaston. I just thought that was hilarious. :)
Roster Prediction, hmm? I don't even know what we're supposed to do here, pretty much all the predicting has already been done.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I close threads that break guidelines, pure and simple.

As for a topic, what are the chances of more than one retro character appearing? (Not counting Little Mac).
I dont really consider Little Mac a retro because of Punch-out Wii.
But I'd say the chances are pretty high.
On normal retro like Takakmaru, and one WTF retro (or hardware) character, like Diskun or N64.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Leave it to all the people who drew up all of those Villager pictures. I don't think Nintendo ever meant for the Villager to be treated as a monster.
Oh geez, a character being depicted as something else. What a foreign concept. It's not like it has happened to a thousand characters previously for years or anything.

Cloud (To be specific Strife) sucks to be honest. Lol. Keep him away from mah Smash.

*flame shield on*

Srs note: He's not likely. At all.

And I didn't see any Heavy thread around here >.>

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Little Mac doesn't count as retro because of his Wii game, then the next best retro choice may have to be Takamaru. If we are getting a second retro character, I'd like it to be the Duck Hunt Dog. The dog is infamous for his trolling laughter but that's what made him one of the more memorable NES characters.

I think the dog could be unique by having a moveset that annoys the competition with his projectiles and long range attacks involving ducks, clay pigeons, and the NES Zapper (the unseen hunter shoots from the fourth wall).

He could be the Wii Fit Trainer of the NES generation, IMO. Alas, I can only dream...

If Little Mac doesn't count as retro because of his Wii game, then the next best retro choice may have to be Takamaru. If we are getting a second retro character, I'd like it to be the Duck Hunt Dog. The dog is infamous for his trolling laughter but that's what made him one of the more memorable NES characters.

I think the dog could be unique by having a moveset that annoys the competition with his projectiles and long range attacks involving ducks, clay pigeons, and the NES Zapper (the unseen hunter shoots from the fourth wall).

He could be the Wii Fit Trainer of the NES generation, IMO. Alas, I can only dream...
Stupid dog :troll:

Anyway, I don't know much about Takamaru in particular... All I know is that he um.. Appears in Nintendo Land?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Little Mac is not a retro anymore. He had a successful revival to his series, making him and Punch Out relevant again in a similar way to Pit and Kid Icarus, which is not retro anymore.
That being said, Takamaru is the best retro choice. He would fit in well, bring interesting mechanics to Smash, and he is a popular and logical choice.
Not to mention Sakurai has shown interest in the character.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Little Mac is not a retro anymore. He had a successful revival to his series, making him and Punch Out relevant again in a similar way to Pit and Kid Icarus, which is not retro anymore.
That being said, Takamaru is the best retro choice. He would fit in well, bring interesting mechanics to Smash, and he is a popular and logical choice.
Not to mention Sakurai has shown interest in the character.
I'd be fine with any retro, any could work.

I'd love to play as Mach Rider, DHD, Muddy Mole, Lip, Harry, Prince Sable, etc.

I don't exactly like Takamaru, I just expect him to be in the most.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Stupid dog :troll:

Anyway, I don't know much about Takamaru in particular... All I know is that he um.. Appears in Nintendo Land?
He also appeared in Captain Rainbow and got a cameo in Samurai Warriors 3. Sakurai once mentioned him in an interview. His game was never released outside of Japan, had five levels and was in a top down style similar to Zelda. That's about all I know of him.

I just wonder if everyone here would be backing him as much if it wasn't for Nintendoland. At least with Pit, a lot of us westerners got the chance to play Kid Icarus or at the very least knew of it due to the Captain N show.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
New topic:
Weirdest 3rd party rep that follows Sakurais rules I be in smash.
I'd say CoD soldier.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
How about a relevant topic.

In November, which veteran do you think will be revealed for the roster?
I say Ness (because I feel it), Captain Falcon (because F-Zero's anniversary), and/or Zelda (Link Between Worlds).
Newcomers can be Little Mac (Punch Out anniversary in Japan) or Toad (3D World).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we get a veteran revealed in November, I think Captain Falcon would be cool. But Zelda or Ganon are also possible. Then again, anyone could be shown, even a new character.

D

Deleted member

Wario.

No reason in particular. Just want to stand out. :troll:
Though Wario debuted in America on November 1st......(we already past his Japan debut)

(That, and I reaaaaaaaly want to see my Brawl main so bad....it would be a nice near-birthday reveal for me.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wario.

No reason in particular. Just want to stand out. :troll:
Though Wario debuted in America on November 1st......(we already past his Japan debut)

(That, and I reaaaaaaaly want to see my Brawl main so bad....it would be a nice near-birthday reveal for me.)

You need them HD farts. And them 3D ones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom