• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Don't know why the Wii itself would of prevented the ability to squeeze in about 50 characters, it can easily do that actually. The thing though it's more of a design choice. When your handling new resources with a limit amount of time for development and balancing, you got to pick your design choices carefully. That's why at the time expecting 50 characters was more ludicrous then people gave it credit for, and why we got 39 instead.

But I will say that because of the possibility of patches, I do think there will much more leeway with the idea of packing more content. Because if there is something game breaking that was overlooked during development, it can be fixed with a patch.
I didn't mean that the Wii had memory limitations, I meant that the generational influence would have a direct influence on the roster size. It was only the 3rd entry to Smash and they are generational games that only come out once for every console Nintendo produces. So if the roster would have been 50 for the Wii version of Smash, it would have to be even greater (or extremely well refined) for the Wii U entry.

Patches could have probably saved Brawl in my opinion. They only need to fix a few overt problems that no one liked (Metaknight/Tripping).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wouldn't mind a roster like this...

Column 1 - Mario main series
Column 2 - extended Marioverse spin-off franchises
Column 3 - Zelda series
Column 4 - Famicom Disk System franchises
Column 5 - classic Nintendo franchises
Column 6 - Kirby series + Villager
Column 7 - Star Fox series + The Two Captains
Column 8 - Pokemon series
Column 9 - Nintendo RPG franchises
Column 10 - Wii series + third-party characters

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Okay, so I'm gonna do this now to get this over with. I don't want to have to wait, or waste it on something, so here goes.

There. I could have done something more creative, but I'm tired, so you know.
Glad to be a part of Smashboards, one of the smartest blogs I know. I'm serious.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well, there's a reason they act this way, mostly to the knowledge that they're most likely not fully aware of the consequences of their actions, and to the point that they're not a real villain team overall, a majority of the grunts most likely being workers of Lysandre Laboratories or those that donated to become a part of Lysandre's cause. They had a brief description, which was nowhere near what Lysandre truly had in mind. In short, ignorance was bliss.

The scientists, aside from Xerosic, most likely were not interested in Lysandre himself, but rather the outcome of his goals, the potential to change the world. They dedicated themselves to Lysandre's goal, although this is scarcely seen, it will most likely get more description in Pokemon Z. So yes, the Grunts have a reason to follow Lysandre, for they share and follow his dream of a more beautiful world, even though I highly doubt they are aware of the outcome that will occur (AKA No more pokemon)

If you're going to look at Team Flare as the same kind of constructed villain syndicate like that of Team Rocket or Team Galactic, of course they're going to come off as silly. But of course, that's not the case as the ideals behind their structure as a villain team is drastically different from said other groups. In short...they were Team Aqua/Magma done RIGHT, as they had a real outlook on the world that is, in its sense, very similar to what can be said as an outlook on our own world, not warped dreams of disrupting balance.
I get that, it's just that I feel that there's a lack of connection or care to them. Galactic's grunts were also silly, but there seemed to be a reason for them to follow Cyrus, he spoke to them more directly and despite being in the dark of his true plan respected him. The admins were even better about that, Mars and Jupiter you got a feeling that they respected and wanted to follow him for personal reasons, Saturn followed him because he believed in his words and was aghast when he found out his true intentions, Charon was selfish and used him as a means to an end. On top of that, there were varied opinions among them, some didn't like what was going on like the aforementioned Saturn and the scientists in the lab where the Pixie trio were tortured.

That's where I feel Team Flare falls flat, there is no sense of character to the lesser members. They follow him and that's about it, it's not like the admins, sages, or even some of the lesser grunts in Platinum and BW, there's no varied opinions or depth to their reasonings. The grunts and scientists are just... there, and that's about it, so I don't care for them as a group. I'll admit that they're done better then Aqua/Magma, but they still lack in the areas that the successive generations after that team succeeded in, more depth to the lesser characters and in some ways, the plot itself.

Morbi

Scavenger

Column 3 - Zelda series
Did you replace Lucario with Zoroark just to elicit a response? Not going to happen! Wait... it already did!

Other than that, I wouldn't mind the roster either. I actually would probably replaced Toon Zelda for Tingle (development time + significance + popularity discrepancy). I actually wouldn't even mind if Zoroark replaced Lucario if he played like a Shang Tsung.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
More like they'll bash it because they didn't get a paycheck.
Don't forget Naughty Dog and Call of Duty, if you ain't a game made by Naughty Dog or Call of Duty, you get nothin. :p

At least his failure wasn't SOLELY due to some random teenager...
Well, the only ones who ever got solely by a kid were Team/Neo Team Rocket and Normal Team Plasma. :p

Team Aqua/Magma: Screwed over by Legendary rejection
Neo Team Plasma: N and Reshiram/Zekrom
Flare: Ruined by Legendary's self-started revival and will to join the hero.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Column 3 - Zelda series
Good roster, but I would remove Waddle Dee for someone else.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
It took you two whole months. You have nothing to be proud of.
I wonder how many posts I have by now... I'm so awesome I forget to acknowledge my landmark post counts XD

EDIT: I like how I said this on my EXACT 1,300th post XD

Gune

Smash Lord

Column 3 - Zelda series
Great roster actually got some probs though, I could stomach Duck hunt dog if that happened but Lucario getting replaced by Zoroark would give me explosive diarrhea.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Nice catch, nice catch indeed. In that case, I agree. The bandanna makes Waddle Dee THAT much more important. This is fact.
You know it's not just ANY waddle dee when it has a bandanna on its head! It gives him personality/character!

AANDDDD my 1,300 post count is gone... You were such a clean number...

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

Column 3 - Zelda series
Chrome? :p
Some choices I find a little odd ( Zoroark over Lucario, 2 FE characters, 4 Kirby characters) but overall pretty good.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I could stomach Duck hunt dog if that happened
I think most people would stomach Duck Hunt Dog better than they would with Sheriff, Diskun, Hanafunda, N64 Logo, Nintendog, and Dr. Kawashima.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think most people would stomach Duck Hunt Dog better than they would with Sheriff, Diskun, Hanafunda, N64 Logo, Nintendog, and Dr. Kawashima.
Nintendog is way cooler than Duck HuNt Dog, it is realistic. I prefer to set realistic dogs on fire while bashing their skulls inward with a hammer. Not cartoon dogs, that takes all of the fun out of it. I also have to admit that Sheriff would be pretty cool with his .44, using realistic guns is against Sakurai's intent though... so it probably wouldn't happen.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon

Interesting roster but the lack of Snake makes me sad, the inclusion of Toad seems sketchy but still possible (really low chance), the inclusion of Bandana Dee seems out of place and the lack of a third Fire Emblem character makes it not probable so I will take out Bandana and add a third Fire Emblem character.
.n_n.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Nintendog is way cooler than Duck HuNt Dog, it is realistic. I prefer to set realistic dogs on fire while bashing their skulls inward with a hammer. Not cartoon dogs, that takes all of the fun out of it. I also have to admit that Sheriff would be pretty cool with his .44, using realistic guns is against Sakurai's intent though... so it probably wouldn't happen.
Hmmm just as a side note I'm honestly not sure why some of you guys are dismissing some ideas as not family friendly enough on a T rated game =P

Morbi

Scavenger
Hmmm just as a side note I'm honestly not sure why some of you guys are dismissing some ideas as not family friendly enough on a T rated game =P
I am a Mortal Kombat player, I wouldn't mind if they add blood in Smash 4 to be honest! Scorpion for Smash 4 (joke only makes sense if you play Injustice).

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I am a Mortal Kombat player, I wouldn't mind if they add blood in Smash 4 to be honest! Scorpion for Smash 4 (joke only makes sense if you play Injustice).
... Well I have... I bought it for my Wii U and then discovered how different traditional fighters are XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom