• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This is why I hate this thread. The same subjects keep recycling. Some complain about talking about obvious newcomers way too much, but now everyday all I see in here are discussions/fights about obscure characters who don't have a shot in hell.

Snake was an interesting conversation that is hardly ever brought up. Why not have a calm conversation about that?

I think a major (VERY MAJOR) part of the Smash fanbase is that a very large part of the fans believes that because they think the characters they want are so good and possible, that they automatically are so good and possible. That is not the case. It is never the case. Just because I think Ridley is going to be in doesn't mean it's factual and going to happen. Just because EVERYBODY thinks Ridley will be in doesn't make it so.

Just because one person thinks 7 different Sonic characters are going to get in doesn't mean it's going to happen. You all know where i'm going with this.

I'd be fine with Kawashima or something like that if it were one of them. Several off the wall not that popular characters? No thanks. That isn't the purpose of the game, and it never was.

Half the time I see little logic in certain arguments. Yet I continue to watch the arguments. Oy :urg:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Mii could count as a historical character. G&W represented a new direction for Nintendo, so did R.O.B as Nintendo branched into the Western Market, and now the Mii comes along for the online gamer. Mii helped in going for a new market (older people and family) that other consoles ignored. And it was a huge success.
I think, if G&W and ROB have been our historical characters so far, it's reasonable to say that the historical characters are all going to be fairly obscure. Besides, Miis would be more representing and celebrating the Wii era like Smash has done with the gamecube generation for brawl and the N64 era for Melee.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm going out on a limb to say that whoever is the obscure character, it will be a character that NOBODY would have guessed. For all we know, it may be Wii Fit Trainer.

So please, let's just stop predicting something that nobody wants to talk about in the first place.

Here's something. If Ridley and K.Rool are NOT put in the game, what are their chances for future Smash titles?

Gune

Smash Lord
So whats the new topic then?
Space Australia.

I'm going out on a limb to say that whoever is the obscure character, it will be a character that NOBODY would have guessed. For all we know, it may be Wii Fit Trainer.

So please, let's just stop predicting something that nobody wants to talk about in the first place.

Here's something. If Ridley and K.Rool are NOT put in the game, what are their chances for future Smash titles?
If no one gets cut this time around then they will be the most requested characters for smash so we might get some more fan service 8 years from now.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Honestly, I think some of us may have guessed it due to us now looking for the insane characters like Wii Fit Trainer. Don't get me wrong, there are some that are ridiculous concepts that shouldn't happen, but there may be one or two that are legitimately good concepts that Sakurai has decided to add.

And there are obviously some people, such as myself and BluePikmin11 that obviously are interested in predicting these characters. And, since not having these characters makes our roster predictions wrong, we should be considering them.

Just because something's difficult to predict doesn't mean it should be ignored. We are trying to be speculators here, aren't we?

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601

I like this topic. Hmm, I'd say Ridley's probably done if not put in 4. K. Rool, however, easily has a shot under either the condition of Dixie's addition in 4, or his revival in the Donkey Kong Country series.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Your reaction: Sakurai announces tons of new items for Smash.
*shrugs*
Side Note: I think it could be cool if Bowser Jr threw Bob-Ombs as a special XD
(If Bowser Jr didn't pack his paint brush the Super Mario Brothers series does give us stuff to work with still =P)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If Ridley and/or K. Rool are not in this game, then they are either never getting in or definitely getting in next time. If K. Rool's not in, I see nothing to worry about. If Ridley's not, Sakurai may have decided his fate.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Both will be knocked down quite a bit as both are important characters that are very popular choices and yet got snubbed again. Similarly, support will be at an all-time low for both and anti-fan sentiment will be horrible on their remaining fanbases.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

Bosses.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
ere's something. If Ridley and K.Rool are NOT put in the game, what are their chances for future Smash titles?
People would probably be more discouraged to support those characters next time, but for odds I cannot fathom what will happen in the future. It's all up to the prospective of the developers.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think another reveal/ new character trailer would honestly improve the quality of discussion in here. It would get people off the patterns and would give us a better idea of what we can expect for the remainder of our period of speculation.

I'm hoping that there is some activity in the "How can we predict reveals?" thread so that we can figure out what we're getting next month.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think another reveal/ new character trailer would honestly improve the quality of discussion in here. It would get people off the patterns and would give us a better idea of what we can expect for the remainder of our period of speculation.

I'm hoping that there is some activity in the "How can we predict reveals?" thread so that we can figure out what we're getting next month.
I really hope Sakurai throws us something unpredictable, like a character nobody expected, or a brand new Pokémon reveal.
That would spice things up a little.

Gune

Smash Lord

The pattern crap shouldve been out the window long ago when toon link was revealed it, now that we didnt even get a reveal for pokemon its definitely not meaning anything now. Still think Lucario is gonna be revealed though.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You kidding? People will still be ******** no matter what you do, basically this period of time is Pre-Brawl Lite.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I really hope Sakurai throws us something unpredictable, like a character nobody expected, or a brand new Pokémon reveal.
That would spice things up a little.
I'm almost positive that newcomers are going to be revealed in Nintendo Directs and events such as E3. Veterans are basically already getting revealed every month.

Actually, I think next month has F-Zero's anniversary, and the release of A Link Between Worlds, which may give us Captain Falcon and Zelda.

The pattern crap shouldve been out the window long ago when toon link was revealed it, now that we didnt even get a reveal for pokemon its definitely not meaning anything now. Still think Lucario is gonna be revealed though.
I meant the patterns as in what is discussed around here. It's like the same thing every day at the same hour.

You kidding? People will still be ******** no matter what you do, basically this period of time is Pre-Brawl Lite.
I wasn't around Pre-Brawl, but i'm sure it was bad. I can only imagine.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Here's an interesting subject. It's clear that Sakurai knows what's going on in game development ahead of all of us, and since Game Freak has held off on the announcement of a new Pokemon character, does anyone think that the new stage may be based on something unknown in the possible upcoming Pokemon Z revolving around Zygarde?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm almost positive that newcomers are going to be revealed in Nintendo Directs and events such as E3. Veterans are basically already getting revealed every month.

Actually, I think next month has F-Zero's anniversary, and the release of A Link Between Worlds, which may give us Captain Falcon and Zelda.
Cap and Zelda would be awesome to see, but we all know that they're coming back. Still, I'm truly excited to see Falcon Punch in glorious HD.
Newcomers in the next Direct would be great. I kind of want to see how this thread would react when Mii or Pac-Man is revealed...

Bajef8

Smash Ace
This has probably been said already, but I feel as though Ridley won't have a shot if he doesn't make it into Smash 4/5. Sakurai seemed really adamant about saying he would be a nightmare to program/develop/or just plain fit in. However he said the possibility still remains, thus why he probably still has his shot. If not for that statement, I'd have said Brawl doomed him already.

As for K. Rool, he's just a really tough call. I want him in badly, but I still think Sakurai will go Dixie. I really hope he gets confirmed for DK Country Freeze Pop or whatever though, cuz I feel as though he'd have his chances boosted by that. Plus he'd make a good reveal for the game's promotion. Hype-worthy and a good promotion for DK.

As for predicting reveals? Have fun with that, I think I'd rather go predict the winning Powerball number. Sakurai is too unpredictable and trolly.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Cap and Zelda would be awesome to see, but we all know that they're coming back. Still, I'm truly excited to see Falcon Punch in glorious HD.
Newcomers in the next Direct would be great. I kind of want to see how this thread would react when Mii or Pac-Man is revealed...
My reaction:

Pac-man

Mii

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It was really bad, like what it is right now but much more obnoxious. If you hate it now, you would of DESPISED it during that time.
I'm a pretty patient person, but i'm sure the "herp derp" was rather awful. I was a lot younger then and wanted Mario characters galore because I hardly played anything besides it. But now I see the error of my ways and make sense now. I can only imagine that it was beyond stupid.

A few things that i've heard about were that Sonic should get 5 more characters, Geno, Diddy Kong was a **** character (lol wut), among other things.

Glad I missed it.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I never understood why Geno was even requested or thought to have been possible. I was baffled. The roster sizes were outrageous too, people would get upwards of 45-50 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom