• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I never understood why Geno was even requested or thought to have been possible. I was baffled. The roster sizes were outrageous too, people would get upwards of 45-50 characters.
Well the people with the 45-50 characters roster is quite to be expected, as people were expecting the roster to not only be doubled like done between 64 and Melee, but the fact that Sakurai said he wanted to get to 50 as well at one point. Still, it is out there and was definitely not going to happen, as it clearly didn't.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Here's an interesting subject. It's clear that Sakurai knows what's going on in game development ahead of all of us, and since Game Freak has held off on the announcement of a new Pokemon character, does anyone think that the new stage may be based on something unknown in the possible upcoming Pokemon Z revolving around Zygarde?
I doubt it, he didn't do anything for Platinum when it was in the final tweaks nor did he do anything for Crystal despite it being released beforehand. On top of that, Z's probably in the early stages right now and it doesn't seem like it'll be released for another two years so there's not a good chance that Sakurai would do something for it.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I doubt it, he didn't do anything for Platinum when it was in the final tweaks nor did he do anything for Crystal despite it being released beforehand. On top of that, Z's probably in the early stages right now and it doesn't seem like it'll be released for another two years so there's not a good chance that Sakurai would do something for it.
Oh well, it was worth a shot, especially since we're most likely not getting a stage based on Geosenge Town/Team Flare Secret HQ thanks to the shot of Xerneas released. :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Oh well, it was worth a shot, especially since we're most likely not getting a stage based on Geosenge Town/Team Flare Secret HQ thanks to the shot of Xerneas released. :p
If X and Y gets a stage, which it should, my bet is on Lumiose City.
I would also love Cyllage City because THAT MUSIC IS INCREDIBLE.
I visit it everyday just to listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOL9KbIRaaY

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
If X and Y gets a stage, which it should, my bet is on Lumiose City.
I would also love Cyllage City because THAT MUSIC IS INCREDIBLE.
I visit it everyday just to listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOL9KbIRaaY
I never really grew that attached to Cyllage City and its music. To me, Dendemille Town had the best music for a city...

I love how there's not a single bad overworld theme in Pokemon X and Y. :p

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I never really grew that attached to Cyllage City and its music. To me, Dendemille Town had the best music for a city...

I love how there's not a single bad overworld theme in Pokemon X and Y. :p
What counts as bad overworld music? Honestly the music was good here but it's not like the best thing ever. For example, Team Plasma's first theme song is better then Team Flares imo =P

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
What counts as bad overworld music? Honestly the music was good here but it's not like the best thing ever. For example, Team Plasma's first theme song is better then Team Flares imo =P
A basic-sounding villain song overdoing haunting organs and super-stylish outfits? Not my opinion. :p

Not to mention I found Team Flare to overall be a better villain team than that of Team Plasma. They had a clear-cut goal, they knew how to evolve their pokemon, and they weren't pretending to be something they weren't, the way Plasma went about their goals so secretly while pretending to be liberators almost made it feel as if they were ashamed of what they truly were.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
X and Y I felt had great overworld music overall, it was the battle music that I felt was the weaker of the two.

Personally, if I were to suggest a music piece from X/Y, I'd easily pick this one as one of my choices:

I just love the feeling of adventure it gives.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
You may want to look at my edit. :p
It has absolutely nothing to do with their music... (I haven't even beaten the 6th gym so I don't know much about Team Flare... Because at the beginning they're all liek "I'M GONNA BEAT YOU!!!! WITH STYLE! AND THEN TAKE YOUR LUNCH MONEY!)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
X and Y I felt had great overworld music overall, it was the battle music that I felt was the weaker of the two.

Personally, if I were to suggest a music piece from X/Y, I'd easily pick this one as one of my choices:

I just love the feeling of adventure it gives.
I think the battle music was fine, Rock is always welcome if you ask me. :p

As for the route music, I think Route 8 had the most powerful emphasis on the feeling of an adventure.

Morbi

Scavenger
A basic-sounding villain song overdoing haunting organs and super-stylish outfits? Not my opinion. :p

Not to mention I found Team Flare to overall be a better villain team than that of Team Plasma. They had a clear-cut goal, they knew how to evolve their pokemon, and they weren't pretending to be something they weren't, the way Plasma went about their goals so secretly while pretending to be liberators almost made it feel as if they were ashamed of what they truly were.
Team Flare is my favorite team since Team Rocket. Malva for Smash? I wouldn't mind! Haha.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It has absolutely nothing to do with their music... (I haven't even beaten the 6th gym so I don't know much about Team Flare... Because at the beginning they're all liek "I'M GONNA BEAT YOU!!!! WITH STYLE! AND THEN TAKE YOUR LUNCH MONEY!)
Alot better than "I'M GUNNA KICK DAT MUNNA UNTIL IT GIVES ME DAT MAGIC GAS!"

Also, brace yourself for the darkest plot in Pokemon yet. :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Personally, I prefer the way Plasma was done. They acted like a organization that took itself seriously (for the most part) and plotted accordingly. Flare came off as completely silly and even at the end when Lysandre was revealed my opinion hadn't changed. Their main grunts didn't feel threatening, their scientists were uninteresting and there was no feel of connection between them and Lysandre. Say what you will about Plasma and Galactic, but I got that connection and it felt like they had their personal reasons for respecting and following their leader. Lysandre was the diamond in the rough because he was the better written character (though he had flaws), but his group bogged him down for me personally.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sort of an off-topic comment, but I really hope they add more "classic Sonic" music as opposed to the modern stuff.
I don't think it's natural to have video game music with lyrics, honestly.
Plus, out of my own selfish desire, Sonic 2 is my favorite soundtrack in gaming.
If I hear Mystic Cave zone on the new Sonic stage, I will flip.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ironically, a roster with 45-50 characters is now a real possibility.
6 years later on the next gen console, it really isn't that ironic. I wouldn't even call it a possibility, it should be just about guaranteed. A roster with under 45 characters would be laughable unless they secretly over-hauled characters like Luigi and Toon Link before the game launches. We already had 39 characters in Brawl, assuming they port Brawl's roster (a fallacious assumption) we would already have a roster of 42. So asking for 3 more newcomers isn't really asking for too much.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Sort of an off-topic comment, but I really hope they add more "classic Sonic" music as opposed to the modern stuff.
I don't think it's natural to have video game music with lyrics, honestly.
Plus, out of my own selfish desire, Sonic 2 is my favorite soundtrack in gaming.
If I hear Mystic Cave zone on the new Sonic stage, I will flip.
I remember that stage, the music on there is haunting. I also liked Metropolis zone's music for some reason when I first heard it.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think the battle music was fine, Rock is always welcome if you ask me. :p

As for the route music, I think Route 8 had the most powerful emphasis on the feeling of an adventure.
I'm more referring to the gym leader/champion/elite four type music. I like Rock music as well, but I don't feel X/Y pulled it off well. It seemed too subdued, like they were building up to something with their themes and then stopped before it got too exciting. With the other battle themes, I liked that they were more invigorating, so this direction for that subset wasn't that good for me.

As for Route 8 , I also like that piece, I just prefer 18's feel.

Alot better than "I'M GUNNA KICK DAT MUNNA UNTIL IT GIVES ME DAT MAGIC GAS!"
Well they are the Pokemon version of PETA, there had to be some hypocrisy somewhere. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
6 years later on the next gen console, it really isn't that ironic.
Yes it is ironic. People wanted an over inflated roster with 50 to 60 characters back in the days of Brawl speculation, and they didn't get it and instead got 39. Now there's a strong possibility of that 50 character roster actually happening this time around.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes it is ironic. People wanted an over inflated roster with 50 to 60 characters back in the days of Brawl speculation, and they didn't get it and instead got 39. Now there's a strong possibility of that 50 character roster actually happening this time around.
I wouldn't necessarily use the word that way, especially considering that circumstances have most certainty changed (such as the date and console). Not to mention 60 is still out of the realm of possibility. I suppose the notion is somewhat exciting if we do actually get 50 (which I unfortunately think will be the cap).

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Personally, I prefer the way Plasma was done. They acted like a organization that took itself seriously (for the most part) and plotted accordingly. Flare came off as completely silly and even at the end when Lysandre was revealed my opinion hadn't changed. Their main grunts didn't feel threatening, their scientists were uninteresting and there was no feel of connection between them and Lysandre. Say what you will about Plasma and Galactic, but I got that connection and it felt like they had their personal reasons for respecting and following their leader. Lysandre was the diamond in the rough because he was the better written character (though he had flaws), but his group bogged him down for me personally.
Well, there's a reason they act this way, mostly to the knowledge that they're most likely not fully aware of the consequences of their actions, and to the point that they're not a real villain team overall, a majority of the grunts most likely being workers of Lysandre Laboratories or those that donated to become a part of Lysandre's cause. They had a brief description, which was nowhere near what Lysandre truly had in mind. In short, ignorance was bliss.

The scientists, aside from Xerosic, most likely were not interested in Lysandre himself, but rather the outcome of his goals, the potential to change the world. They dedicated themselves to Lysandre's goal, although this is scarcely seen, it will most likely get more description in Pokemon Z. So yes, the Grunts have a reason to follow Lysandre, for they share and follow his dream of a more beautiful world, even though I highly doubt they are aware of the outcome that will occur (AKA No more pokemon)

If you're going to look at Team Flare as the same kind of constructed villain syndicate like that of Team Rocket or Team Galactic, of course they're going to come off as silly. But of course, that's not the case as the ideals behind their structure as a villain team is drastically different from said other groups. In short...they were Team Aqua/Magma done RIGHT, as they had a real outlook on the world that is, in its sense, very similar to what can be said as an outlook on our own world, not warped dreams of disrupting balance.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Since we're talking soundtracks, I say that Pokemon should get the Rival battle theme from Black2/White2. I hope some Megaman X songs are added for Megaman's stage too. Something like Megaman X 2's Opening Stage, remixed. Mario and Luigi's first boss theme would also be a good song to add too.

For Ridley and K. Rool, I don't think their chances would be completely shot if they don't make it into Smash 4, but I suppose I'm an optimist in that regard.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Since we're talking soundtracks, I say that Pokemon should get the Rival battle theme from Black2/White2. I hope some Megaman X songs are added for Megaman's stage too. Something like Megaman X 2's Opening Stage, remixed. Mario and Luigi's first boss theme would also be a good song to add too.

For Ridley and K. Rool, I don't think their chances would be completely shot if they don't make it into Smash 4, but I suppose I'm an optimist in that regard.
THEY HAVE TO RUN OUT OF CHARACTERS THAT MAKE SENSE EVENTUALLY XD

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Bah. Everyone knows Team Galactic is the best.

When's the last time someone actually managed to open a portal to an unknown realm to summon both a time twisting being and space rifting being to create a new universe altogether?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Brawl days...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't necessarily use the word that way, especially considering that circumstances have most certainty changed (such as the date and console). Not to mention 60 is still out of the realm of possibility. I suppose the notion is somewhat exciting if we do actually get 50 (which I unfortunately think will be the cap).
Don't know why the Wii itself would of prevented the ability to squeeze in about 50 characters, it can easily do that actually. The thing though it's more of a design choice. When your handling new resources with a limit amount of time for development and balancing, you got to pick your design choices carefully. That's why at the time expecting 50 characters was more ludicrous then people gave it credit for, and why we got 39 instead.

But I will say that because of the possibility of patches, I do think there will much more leeway with the idea of packing more content. Because if there is something game breaking that was overlooked during development, it can be fixed with a patch.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Bah. Everyone knows Team Galactic is the best.

When's the last time someone actually managed to open a portal to an unknown realm to summon both a time twisting being and space rifting being to create a new universe altogether?
Only to ultimately fail and be trapped in the Pokemon equivalent of hell for all eternity? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom