• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Is the joke that scorpion was in injustice?
Yes. Much to the displeasure of almost everyone on the forums for Mortal Kombat/Injustice. You would never believe the hate he received for months on end before he was officially unveiled. After that he was broken, that only served to infuriate the community further. So they nerfed him... to hell. No one even uses him anymore, so he is a wasted slot. It is kind of funny. Everyone wanted to keep the game a pure DC game and if any 3rd party character (guest character) was to make it in the game, they wanted someone with relevance to DC or another hero from a different comic company.

I seriously do want Scorpion in Smash though, and in Soul Calibur. He must take over every 3rd party slot in every fighting game!

Morbi

Scavenger
How bad was Scorpion in Injustice?
His normals were slow and he didn't have huge combo potential, his specials didn't have much utility or range (aside from his hell fire and teleport which made him broken). He didn't have the greatest damage output, actually he was one of the worst. You had to MB to use his spear the way it has always been used. His back flip kick was positive on block, so it was great for building meter.

What made him broken was his teleport and jump in. You could essentially teleport unlimited, and when they went for the low block his jump in was an overhead knock down. So it was quite tricky to block and he was great at creating pressure, so all of the scrubs complained. They nerfed his normals even more (most of his standards are in the single digits and his BB are barely 20%) and all of his specials. The start up frames for hell fire were nerfed, he was negative on block with flip kick, and his teleport now has terrible recovery.

His biggest weakness before and after the nerf was his horrendous movement speed and back dash. They designed him so that his teleport was the only effective way of navigating the map and zoning. So once they nerfed that, he had nothing going for him.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

So here's my new roster.
I changed it up so it has a little essence of Mega Bidoof.
Specifically in 3 characters.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
skull kid, FF heros, N64 logo, I now demand a cake
Here you go,
image.jpg

You also get one credit for a free hug.
For use at anytime, to us it, go outside your door, and scream "I SUMMON MEGA BIDOOF FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL! While standing in the middle of a six sided star made out of blood of a virgin.

Holy crap. BANDANNA DEE IS ROBOTNIK IN DISGUISE.
Maybe Robotnik was just Bandana Dee in disguise the whole time.

I am so tired... and sick to my stomach, and I have a headache. Ugh, I need to sleep.
Boo Hoo!
Let me play you a sad song on the worlds smallest violin!
image.jpg

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
let's have a capcom discussion and how it would be awesome if there was a Capcom vs nintendo fighter.

or not.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Are you even a fan of any Nintendo character?
What kind of question is that? It seems every time you accuse me of hating the characters you picked because I'm smart enough to know they'll never happen. You know what character I ****ing hate: Pac-Man. But, he's still on my biggest list of predictions regardless that I believe his inclusion to smash would be stupid, uncreative, and taint my preferred roster. If I based characters off who I think is the best choice I'd have Bomberman on that spot, not that cheese wheel.

Even if I did hate those characters, they aren't really the best characters Nintendo has to offer anyway. So if I hated them, I don't know how you could make the connection that I hate all the best Nintendo Characters because you think I hate these mediocre ones. I think Dark Pit is cool, but it won't happen.

To conclude, BluePikmin11: You add YOUR favorite characters because you like them and then you accuse people of hating them when they are man enough to admit they won't happen. You try to convince yourself when in reality I know that you know the problems addressed prevent them from getting in, but you have proven time to time that you blatantly ignore that or just change the topic or repeat that it's not a problem after it has been proven problematic. You refuse to counter the evidence and resort to repating the defense which has been previously proven invalid for your character.

That's your flaw and I appreciate you stop accusing me of either hating or not knowing enough about these characters. Thank You.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I can smell a fight.
I already addressed I'm not going to waste my time with a brat like Hotfeet, no matter how many immature gifs he posts. He can't just let it go. He's basically the alternative to a kid saying "No you are!" :rolleyes:

Now watch him do exactly what I said he'd do as a response to this.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I already addressed I'm not going to waste my time with a brat like Hotfeet, no matter how many immature gifs he posts. He can't just let it go. He's basically the alternative to a kid saying "No you are!" :rolleyes:

Now watch him do exactly what I said he'd do as a response to this.
Irony...it drips from this post so beautifully like flowing maple syrup from a Maple tree....beautifully sad, but beautiful none-the-less.

Here's my song to all of you.
In B4 "It's his fault, I just want to get along." :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
See I told you. The irony accusation resort (A.K.A. The "No You Are" phase. Just as I predicted. I know him like a book. :shades:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Irony...it drips from this post so beautifully like flowing maple syrup from a Maple tree....beautifully sad, but beautiful none-the-less.
Teehee.... technically you did what he predicted. I'm gonna silently predict his next move now. And then yours, and then his again....
UPDATE: I predicted his move correctly. My ESP abilities are out of this world, it's extraordinary.

Seriously, though, any discussions? I wanna sleep but I can't. So I'm free (and by free I mean pass out on my laptop in half an hour).

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
See I told you. The irony accusation resort. Just as I predicted. I know him like a book. :shades:
Well then stop being a hypocrite and maybe you won't be predicting people calling you out on what you know you already are. :p

Kids these days...

Teehee.... technically you did what he predicted. I'm gonna silently predict his next move now. And then yours, and then his again....

Seriously, though, any discussions? I wanna sleep but I can't. So I'm free (and by free I mean pass out on my laptop in half an hour).
It's not my fault that it is what it is. I don't care what he predicted, what I cared about was calling him out on his true intentions. :p

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
UPDATE: I predicted his move correctly. My ESP abilities are out of this world, it's extraordinary.

Well, umm..
VAATI FOR SSB4!!!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Here's a better topic that's actually worth our time............well not that worth our time. This is a list of Assist Trophies I think are going to appear. I do consider it on topic because it suggests that some characters won't be playable. (Disclaimer: I'm not actually saying they won't be playable, I'm just saying they MIGHT be Assist Trophies.)

Dr. Kawashima might be a stretch since he's a real person. And I predict Prof. Oak would maybe just send out a ton of Pokeballs like Tingle sends out Hammers.

Ghosts are if Pac-Man gets in
Count Bleck is if Paper Mario gets in
Great Tiger is if Little Mac gets in
Nikki is if Mii gets in
Bunston is if Starfy gets in

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It's not my fault that it is what it is. I don't care what he predicted, what I cared about was calling him out on his true intentions. :p
I'm not starting anything, I just find it funny. Honestly, I am too apathetic to even do anything important or noteworthy right now. This is funny to me. You're like a middle-aged couple that only stayed together until their children went off to college.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Actually, yes, that would make me feel better! But mommy's gone til Monday...

Says the boy who threw a hissy-fit when a moderator blocked his Team Fortress 2 character support thread.
I was so sad,
I wrote a song
"Hey, Moderators! Leave our threads alone!, You're the only one that closes my TF2 thread! Hey, Moderators! Leave our threads alone!"

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Here's a better topic that's actually worth our time............well not that worth our time. This is a list of Assist Trophies I think are going to appear. I do consider it on topic because it suggests that some characters won't be playable. (Disclaimer: I'm not actually saying they won't be playable, I'm just saying they MIGHT be Assist Trophies.)
Funny how this is the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread. Geez.... :rolleyes:

(Couldn't resist)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hotfeet and Saturn seem to be arguing again.

I also notice I haven't been as active on the boards as I usually am. So, did I miss anything notable?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm not starting anything, I just find it funny. Honestly, I am too apathetic to even do anything important or noteworthy right now. This is funny to me. You're like a middle-aged couple that only stayed together until their children went off to college.
It's even funnier to the fact that he starts crap and it's instantly my fault. :p No seriously, my quote on quote "negativity" is what started this when I'm usually nice to everyone here. Hell, I'm the only one who says hello and hopes everyone is doing well. :p

Edit: And with that I'm done for the night. :p Have fun everyone, he's your social reject to deal with now. :p

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Dr. Kawashima might be a stretch since he's a real person. And I predict Prof. Oak would maybe just send out a ton of Pokeballs like Tingle sends out Hammers.

Nikki is if Mii gets in
SUKAPON IS IN THIS 0/10
I'd put King Hippo over Great Tiger, but nice list overall.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Nikki is if Mii gets in
Eh, I can't give a good critque on this, but since you mentioned Assist Trophies, I would like to see General Kagetora from Odama.

Imagine a giant wrecking ball destroying platforms, items, everything in it's path and then being bounced around the stage with stone flippers.

----

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It's even funnier to the fact that he starts crap and it's instantly my fault. :p No seriously, my quote on quote "negativity" is what started this when I'm usually nice to everyone here. Hell, I'm the only one who says hello and hopes everyone is doing well. :p
Life lesson: if you're nice to people, they'll break your heart and destroy you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom