• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
It doesn't take long, and since X and Y remove the need of grinding a full team to balance levels with the almighty EXP. Share, breezing through the game is really simple to do. And really? Being able to play all Friday, Saturday AND Sunday? Where do you go to college and when can I sign up? I'm lucky to get a few hours to myself to play ANY game in said three days. Hell, even when I'm on here, I'm almost always multitasking, very rarely ever just focused on the thread.

Edit: By the way, congrats on 2,000 posts! :)
Yeah, about the EXP.All and not having to switch Pokemon, I train like 12 of them now...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Any Hanafuda concept can happen, but Daitouryou seems the most the most definite concept for now. The other choices I see are Harry or Diskun.
I don't see how Harry or Diskun are actually important to Nintendo's history, though. Both of them have something to do with failed concepts, after all.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeah, about the EXP.All and not having to switch Pokemon, I train like 12 of them now...
Exactly. Not to mention throwing in Pokemon-amie (Hah, mon-amie...it's basically Pokemon my friend/pokemy-friend) trade-level exp boost and your team's in the eighties in one run EASILY. Also...I'm not ashamed to say that the ending of X and Y made me cry...tugged at the heartstrings it did...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't see how Harry or Diskun are actually important to Nintendo's history, though. Both of them have something to do with failed concepts, after all.
Well seeing the Virtual Boy as the most obscure, I see Harry as obscure as R.O.B. and G&W and would be added because Sakurai sees Teleroboxer getting a revival.
But yeah, I kinda see how a Hanafuda character should happen before getting into failed concept characters. As Hanafuda is the last important thing in Nintendo's history.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It would honestly be the same thing with Bowser Jr. they wont give him is paint brush or anything like that.
Bowser Jr still uses it and barely has any of Bowser's main specials.

He has the time to make everyone different in moveset.
That's funny because he clearly does NOT. :laugh:

Krystal does have something, she has the staff.
Sakurai isn't going to give her the staff. She doesn't use it anymore and you'd just be representing an outdated RareWare game with Star Fox slapped on it. Star Fox Adventures doesn't really look like the game Sakurai really cares about in terms of representation. And he's not going to add Krystal because of a move set. A move set that could probably be implemented into other Magic/Sword characters.

So, guys, who do you think the historical rep will be? Do you think we're getting a historical rep at all (like G&W and ROB)? My bets are on Daitoryo, personally.
I think you mean to say "Hardware rep". And I hope to god Daitoryo doesn't have anything to do with Hanafuda Cards.

I don't see how Diskun is actually important to Nintendo's history, though. Both of them have something to do with failed concepts, after all.
Seriously? Just because you don't live in Japan doesn't make Diskun not important to Nintendo History. The Famicom Disk System was not a failure by the way. It's a very memorable part of Nintendo's history.

The other choices I see are Harry or Diskun.
Explain the logic in Harry, please. It's not like he's the mascot or most memorable game of the Virtual Boy. A console that was one of the biggest failures in gaming history. Virtual Boy will get a stage in the least and that's it. Nobody knows who Harry is because nobody owned a ****ing Virtual Boy and everyone hates it. Virtual Boy has 0 priority over any other Nintendo character. Add someone significant to Nintendo's history like Sheriff.

Good Evening all, hope you're all doing well as it's clear you people are bored out of your minds at the lack of subject matter to discuss. Everything and anything has been talked about to some extent at least once, and others were overtalked and brought back from the dead time and time again before people said "shut up" and buried that monster for good, or at least for the time being. Am I off or am I getting the gist of it?
How many times have you simply popped into the thread only to complain about past and current subjects. I agree these subjects are ridiculous a majority of the time, but the negativity is just making you bum me out.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well seeing the Virtual Boy as the most obscure, I see Harry as obscure as R.O.B. and G&W and would be added because Sakurai sees Teleroboxer getting a revival.
But yeah, I kinda see how a Hanafuda character should happen before getting into failed concept characters. As Hanafuda is the last important thing in Nintendo's history.
Well, to be fair, we still have Nintendo's first character (EVR Racer) and protagonist (Sheriff) left. Those are fairly good historical choices. Not to mention something from their toy-making era, if there's anything they can pull from there (I'm thinking of asking a very expert Nintendo toy collector if there are any concepts that they could pull from.)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Are you comparing VIRTUAL BOY: (one of) The biggest gaming failures in history that nobody remembered or knew, to ROB: The NES mascot that many people knew and remembered and the very successful Game & Watch games that even had revivals on Mario's Game & Watch Gallery???????

and even

THAT SAKURAI THINKS TELEROBOXER NEEDS A REVIVAL????

Well, to be fair, we still have Nintendo's first character (EVR Racer) and protagonist (Sheriff) left. Those are fairly good historical choices. Not to mention something from their toy-making era, if there's anything they can pull from there (I'm thinking of asking a very expert Nintendo toy collector if there are any concepts that they could pull from.)
EVR Racer featured no characters, references, or ports. And let's keep characters to stuff related to the gaming industry. Thank you.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
That's funny because he clearly does NOT. :laugh:
The lack of SSE-style story mode and every character (including Sonic) planned from the get go makes SSB4 more prone to have it's development time primarily spent on the gameplay than Brawl, whose development time was drained courtesy of SSE and late-addition Sonic.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Everyone hates the Virtual Boy? I'm pretty sure that's a definite false fact if you're referring to everyone.
It's not that people hate the Virtual Boy, it's the fact that the Virtual Boy isn't worth representing in a game like Smash Bros.

How many times have you simply popped into the thread only to complain about past and current subjects. I agree these subjects are ridiculous a majority of the time, but the negativity is just making you bum me out.
Someone who does nothing but complain, bash and argue a majority of the time is complaining about the negativity of others...right...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Everyone hates the Virtual Boy? I'm pretty sure that's a definite false fact if you're referring to everyone.
You're right. Those 4 people who don't "HATE" the Virtual Boy deserve recognition. :rolleyes:

The lack of SSE-style story mode and every character (including Sonic) planned from the get go makes SSB4 more prone to have it's development time primarily spent on the gameplay than Brawl, whose development time was drained courtesy of SSE and late-addition Sonic.
Even then. Some characters are meant to share moves with others.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Let me guess: you actually liked the Virtual Boy, didn't you?

Even then. Some characters are meant to share moves with others.
As far as I'm concerned, the only ones that really should are Luigi, Falco and a child Link (and perhaps even Lucas).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
This must be why Saturn doesn't see the deservedness of such characters like Prince Sable, Donbe and Hikari, and many others. It's like ignoring Wind Waker because it has a cartoony style.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Don't forget Wolf & Dixie Kong.

This must be why Saturn doesn't see the deservedness of such characters like Prince Sable, Donbe and Hikari, and many others. It's like ignoring Wind Waker because it has a cartoony style.
No I just don't see deservedness because they are obscure parts of Nintendo History that serve no significance and nobody ever gave a **** about and we all know it (including you). What does Wind Waker's Art Style have to do with that? :laugh:

EDIT: I know you're hard for these characters, but you need to stop making wishlists and calling them predictions

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
That pretty much sums up your personality and only purpose on this site alright.
Hah, denial is a hilarious site to see. Almost like a trapped sailor in a sinking Submarine, miles below sea level, not being able to come to grasp with his impending demise as the vessel slowly runs out of air for the poor man to breath, every breath inching him closer and closer to the ultimate realization of the truth. If this weren't so pitiful I'd feel sorry for you.

Edit: Also, judging a person's personality by what one types on a thread on the internet? Considering I actually try to reason with people and actually act kind towards others that don't share my ideals but at least have the common sense to act civilized, I can say I'm a pretty nice guy to know.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Oh, boy Hotfeet's response. I bet he thinks I'm gonna waste my time actually reading it.

I know, I was being ironic.

It's called "denial", "Fanboyism", "Bias", "Stupid", "Illogical". Take your pick.
Hoo boy I do not to see this dispute again... (side note: Duskull is a cool pokemon =P)

Morbi

Scavenger
It doesn't take long, and since X and Y remove the need of grinding a full team to balance levels with the almighty EXP. Share, breezing through the game is really simple to do. And really? Being able to play all Friday, Saturday AND Sunday? Where do you go to college and when can I sign up? I'm lucky to get a few hours to myself to play ANY game in said three days. Hell, even when I'm on here, I'm almost always multitasking, very rarely ever just focused on the thread.

Edit: By the way, congrats on 2,000 posts! :)
Sorry, I had to go take care of something. It is actually just a community college. I only take classes during the week days, so my weekends are free! My college schedule isn't too busy, I mean it is college, it isn't easy. I don't necessarily have any difficulties finding free time though. I have to take night classes for my major every other day, the other days I have 3 classes. So I get lots of time to post on the Smashboards. Haha.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mii could count as a historical character. G&W represented a new direction for Nintendo, so did R.O.B as Nintendo branched into the Western Market, and now the Mii comes along for the online gamer. Mii helped in going for a new market (older people and family) that other consoles ignored. And it was a huge success.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Mii could count as a historical character. G&W represented a new direction for Nintendo, so did R.O.B as Nintendo branched into the Western Market, and now the Mii comes along for the online gamer. Mii helped in going for a new market (older people and family) that other consoles ignored. And it was a huge success.
But this wouldn't be something about everyone in general wouldn't expect.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That time of day again? These arguments are getting to be like clockwork at this point...

Btw, in Pokémon X and Y, one place that's fantastic for leveling up is the Battle Chateau once you get high enough in rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom