• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I just wanted to let everyone here know, I will be leaving SmashBoards until my Heavy thread is unlocked.
I find it unfair that users are not allowed to show creativity and make a thread for a character that probably won't be in Smash.
If people don't want to support the character, that's his/her own choice.
So if anyone needs me, I'll be on GamFaqs.
Dunsparce, if the thread is unlocked, call me.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I just wanted to let everyone here know, I will be leaving SmashBoards until my Heavy thread is unlocked.
I find it unfair that users are not allowed to show creativity and make a thread for a character that probably won't be in Smash.
Nice knowing you! Bye!

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Good to know we mean less to you than a silly little thread. :sadeyes:

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
A Luigi's Mansion stage for the 3DS version on Halloween is very plausible.

I would love to see Wario revealed (he's terrifying enough, right?) alongside a stage based off of Ashley's Mansion, though that one seems a lot less likely... ~

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well if you come back you will have your sigs made, still maybe take a break and come back in few days.
.n_n.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
The character discussion Guidelines and Listings says they have to be in a Nintendo game or something along those lines. It's like making a Steve support thread.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Something from Luigi's Mansion is what he expect us to expect to most likely happen the 31st.

Now is when he reveals one of the most lighthearted characters, Ness. :eek:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The character discussion Guidelines and Listings says they have to be in a Nintendo game or something along those lines. It's like making a Steve support thread.
I don't give a Ratata's tail about the guidelines!
If the guidelines say I can't be creative, I'm done!
Goodbye everyone!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Reading up on the internet, it seems that the Ice Climber's Summit stage was revealed Halloween on the Dojo for Brawl.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Who cares? XD

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I think I forgot to mention something about my predicament.
FALLKOOPA GAVE ME PERMISSION TO MAKE THE THREAD BEFORE I EVEN MADE IT!
So I have permission to make the thread, and then another moderator just locks it.
Who cares? XD
I do you peice of Goomba meat.

Gune

Smash Lord
I think I forgot to mention something about my predicament.
FALLKOOPA GAVE ME PERMISSION TO MAKE THE THREAD BEFORE I EVEN MADE IT!
So I have permission to make the thread, and then another moderator just locks it.
Have you told Fal? If not tell Fall and see if it can't be unlocked.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
So what the topic today guys?
Here's a question: How do you think the locked characters will work in terms of roster organization? Will it be like Melee where the character would show up without affecting the roster layout (except for Luigi pushing Pikachu away), or will it be like Brawl where every character unlocked would push the boxes around and disorganize everything?

I hope there's a bit more organization to it. It felt a little lazy in Brawl.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Here's a question: How do you think the locked characters will work in terms of roster organization? Will it be like Melee where the character would show up without affecting the roster layout (except for Luigi pushing Pikachu away), or will it be like Brawl where every character unlocked would push the boxes around and disorganize everything?

I hope there's a bit more organization to it. It felt a little lazy in Brawl.
I already created a Roster Organization thread about the roster design and stuff.

I'll put it in my sig.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I feel your pain.
Muh Gaston thread.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Are we to the point where I can not have Ridley in my roster, and people will not be anal about it?

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Are we to the point where I can not have Ridley in my roster, and people will not be anal about it?
I think he deserves to get it. Very much so, in fact. However, I wouldn't attack someone who doesn't put him in their roster. Granted, I will if their reasoning is "He's too big".

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The only one that can determine if Ridley will be playable or not is Sakurai,so you can stop with "the Ridley's inclusion is obvious". If Sakurai thinks that Ridley is boss material,he will be a boss again,so,deserving or not,there are not safe characters.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
The only one that can determine if Ridley will be playable or not is Sakurai,so you can stop with "the Ridley's inclusion is obvious". If Sakurai thinks that Ridley is boss material,he will be a boss again,so,deserving or not,there are not safe characters.
I'm sorry, but are you putting words in my mouth? That's how I read this.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think he deserves to get it. Very much so, in fact. However, I wouldn't attack someone who doesn't put him in their roster. Granted, I will if their reasoning is "He's too big".
On that note:
Empty Roster.png

Here's my Roster. I took a big risk not putting in Ridley, but my defense is threefold:
  • While iconic and certainly deserving to be in as a playable character, I feel as if Sakurai has decided where Ridley's place in the game should be, as a boss. It's possible he may be promoted to playability, but I'm still doubtful.
  • While the Pyrosphere stage certainly does not deconfirm him, I do think that it may lower his chances. Sakurai could either be playing mindgames, or just telling us Ridley's role in the game, and I am guessing the latter.
  • In all, Ridley, to me, would be difficult to work on and a bit awkward. This is 100% bias, so you don't have to consider it. It's just my opinion, and I'd like it if you respect it.
The two big issues with my roster, in my opinion, is its size, which 54 total characters (alts included) is quite a hefty amount (I'd be surprised if we break 50), and the thought from some people that it is a bit "vanilla" and safe. Well, I think a good predictable roster doesn't have to be bursting with unlikely retros to be predictable. I fully believe Brawl wasn't that shocking as a final roster. Apart from some cuts, the shockers, IMO, were Pit, ROB, and to an extent the Pokemon Trainer. We've already gotten two shocking characters, so I expect maybe one or two more, but nothing to completely throw it off.

Thoughts?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
On that note:
View attachment 3593
Here's my Roster. I took a big risk not putting in Ridley, but my defense is threefold:
  • While iconic and certainly deserving to be in as a playable character, I feel as if Sakurai has decided where Ridley's place in the game should be, as a boss. It's possible he may be promoted to playability, but I'm still doubtful.
  • While the Pyrosphere stage certainly does not deconfirm him, I do think that it may lower his chances. Sakurai could either be playing mindgames, or just telling us Ridley's role in the game, and I am guessing the latter.
  • In all, Ridley, to me, would be difficult to work on and a bit awkward. This is 100% bias, so you don't have to consider it. It's just my opinion, and I'd like it if you respect it.
The two big issues with my roster, in my opinion, is its size, which 54 characters is quite a hefty amount (I'd be surprised if we break 50), and the thought from some people that it is a bit "vanilla" and safe. Well, I think a good predictable roster doesn't have to be bursting with unlikely retros to be predictable. I fully believe Brawl wasn't that shocking as a final roster. Apart from some cuts, the shockers, IMO, were Pit, ROB, and to an extent the Pokemon Trainer. We've already gotten two shocking characters, so I expect maybe one or two more, but nothing to completely throw it off.

Thoughts?
Thats 49 not 54, so its quite good. Not hefty at all (unless you were talking about alt forms then my apologies :p) the only problems I have are preferential which could realistically go either way. Characters like K Roolover Dixie, PM over bowser junior, etc.

Ridley is so up in the air I dont really care about that one (although I do put him in my rosters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom