• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
How about Dillon?

He's cool. And I just bought the game...
I'm totally down for Dillon. Even though I haven't actually played the game myself, his design alone makes me want him in Smash. I've also read quite a bit from those who have played the game, and what I've read is definitely enough to convince me that Dillon would be super rad.

I'm not getting my hopes up too high for him, though.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
How about Dillon?

He's cool. And I just bought the game...

it would be awesome for him to be in the game, and also would be the perfect representative for the Nintendo eshop, its just too bad that in the whole scheme of things he isn't all that likely :ohwell:
he could easily have an unique move set, or if they are running out of time, they could just make him a semi clone to sonic, (though what happen with captaindorf that could end up as a bad idea)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You mean like....
:icsmelee: :drmario: :sheikmelee: :roymelee: :rob: :zerosuitsamus: ?
Not at all.

He'd be like adding in Wonder Red. It'd be cool and all, but no one seems to associate either of them with Nintendo...at least not yet. The closest character to one added is Roy. It also doesn't help that Dillon's games are only mildly popular.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Is it a Nintendo owned character?
There, automatic All-Star.

By the way, I seriously hope you don't consider Pac-man a bigger Nintendo All-Star then actual Nintendo characters.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Not at all.

He'd be like adding in Wonder Red. It'd be cool and all, but no one seems to associate either of them with Nintendo...at least not yet. The closest character to one added is Roy. It also doesn't help that Dillon's games are only mildly popular.
I didn't even know he existed until someone made a thread.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
1. Dillon actually has a series and is wholly owned by Nintendo. So I'm not sure where the Wonder Red comparison comes from.
2. Dillon is associated with Nintendo. He's not a huge star but what makes you say that?
3. They sold pretty well.

That wasn't directed towards you but...

Wut?

That was only her first game. Pokemon took over the sequel.

And then Lip got it back later.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, aren't they basically remakes/ports? I guess if you want to base the game itself having importance and recurrence that's true, but Lip doesn't appear often in many versions of Puzzle League.
There was a brand new Panel de Pon for the DS not too long ago.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would still like the idea of Dillon, even if the idea might seem kind of off. Those claws man, they are vicious and most fatal, no man would resist such razor sharp claws!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
when it comes to any IP that feels like its under appreciated when it comes to Nintendo
one of the first ones to come to mind is lip people just don't appreciate puzzles games these days
poor girl usually gets replaced by dinosaurs and mousses Yoshi & Pikachu

D

Deleted member

So Morbid giving up (which is not a "victory" to me) and SchAlternate's birthday aside (Happy Birthday, by the way), topic is on Takamaru?

I would be very surprised if he wasn't in Smash 4.
Besides, Link, Samus, and Pit need their last "bro". :awesome:

EDIT: Now it's on Dillon. Fast jump.

I can see him either way. He could be what Sakurai's looking for in regards to newer Nintendo stars.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So Morbid giving up (which is not a "victory" to me) and SchAlternate's birthday aside (Happy Birthday, by the way), topic is on Takamaru?

I would be very surprised if he wasn't in Smash 4.
Besides, Link, Samus, and Pit need their last "bro". :awesome:
Don't forget Takamaru would finally give Marth a lesbian girlfriend.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
1. Dillon actually has a series and is wholly owned by Nintendo. So I'm not sure where the Wonder Red comparison comes from.
2. Dillon is associated with Nintendo. He's not a huge star but what makes you say that?
3. They sold pretty well.

That wasn't directed towards you but...

Wut?

And then Lip got it back later.
Isn't Wonder Red first or second party?

Decently, but not enough to make him a Nintendo All-Star in my eyes. I'd like him in, I just don't see him as all that feasible/likely.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isn't Wonder Red first or second party?

Decently, but not enough to make him a Nintendo All-Star in my eyes. I'd like him in, I just don't see him as all that feasible/likely.
2nd party I believe though I may be wrong.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Looking for a new topic?

OK. What are your thoughts on the idea of the Villager having several different outfits from the Animal Crossing series as DLC? (Maybe I should ask this elsewhere)

D

Deleted member

Because your Super Sand Lesbian Powers are being countered by the love of the new lesbian couple.
Then I must have a near-deaf ecstasy in order for my Legion of Dairy Super Sand Lesbian power to get stronger!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
2nd party I believe though I may be wrong.
Then it's not overly difficult, no?

Keep in mind, I like Dillon, but I just don't think he's likely. I'd like to be proven wrong, but he doesn't seem all that much like an all-star to me. It's the same reason I don't like characters like Saki being suggested for Smash. Are they cool? Sure. Are they Nintendo all-stars? No.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
try again :awesome:

Or. Ya know. They just like the character.
I was referring to the prediction of him and not the request of him.

OK. What are your thoughts on the idea of the Villager having several different outfits from the Animal Crossing series as DLC? (Maybe I should ask this elsewhere)
Villager (like Wario) should have a second set of costumes portraying the femal Villager. So we should be getting many outfits. :)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If any other characters get an actual costume (or in Villager's case, also gender swap) swap instead of a color swap, I'd want Outset Link and Mr. L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom