• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just can't shake how 'lucky' he was... even if it was a leak. Remember the other leak a while back? They said King K. Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, and some 'new' Yoshi character would be in the game.
I remember that... Debu, right? Sounds similar to Plessie from Super Mario 3D World if you ask me... but it is probably not him... we haven't seen any new characters from Yoshi's new upcoming games yet.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I remember that... Debu, right? Sounds similar to Plessie from Super Mario 3D World if you ask me... but it is probably not him... we haven't seen any new characters from Yoshi's new upcoming games yet.
That's right. Deku, I mean, Debu. :p

Amazing things happen... when you take thousands of people guessing over a small pool of Characters, some are going to get it right, but only by probability.

Ray_Babe

Smash Rookie
That roster looks great to me too but ... No Ray man though.. :( I think he's likely to be in 80 to 90% ^_____^ He just fits right in with All the smashers that have been already announced ~ I'm also glad that Wario still in it too! He's My Favorite Brawler besides Zero suit Samus tehe

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
That roster looks great to me too but ... No Ray man though.. :( I think he's likely to be in 80 to 90% ^_____^ He just fits right in with All the smashers that have been already announced ~ I'm also glad that Wario still in it too! He's My Favorite Brawler besides Zero suit Samus tehe
that is how things are just going to be. ray man chances are dead
he is just one of those characters that fit in with smash but does not have enough history or importance to actually be considered.
and if that's not enough what happen with ray man legends is enough to dig up the grave where he will be sitting in

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I really don't want to see Miis.

If the casual audience has the option to play as themselves rather than one of the actual Nintendo characters, there's a very good chance that they will. It defeats the whole point of Smash Bros. if they're just playing as the one character they're familiar with (themselves) rather than actually trying other Nintendo characters. There's the argument that Smash Bros. would still expose them to said characters because they'd be fighting them, but really now. Anyone remember Mario Kart 7's wifi? Anyone remember how the only other characters you'd race would be 5 Miis and two Marios? It'd have the same effect on Smash Bros. Not as harshly, but still harsh enough to where the idea offends me.

And I don't get offended easily either so that's saying something.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Really now? Having third-party characters alone already defeats the whole point of Smash Bros. since they are not actually Nintendo characters.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I really don't want to see Miis.

If the casual audience has the option to play as themselves rather than one of the actual Nintendo characters, there's a very good chance that they will. It defeats the whole point of Smash Bros. if they're just playing as the one character they're familiar with (themselves) rather than actually trying other Nintendo characters. There's the argument that Smash Bros. would still expose them to said characters because they'd be fighting them, but really now. Anyone remember Mario Kart 7's wifi? Anyone remember how the only other characters you'd race would be 5 Miis and two Marios? It'd have the same effect on Smash Bros. Not as harshly, but still harsh enough to where the idea offends me.

And I don't get offended easily either so that's saying something.
That's a fair reason to not want the Miis. But I feel like that will only happen if you do the "Fight with Anyone" thing. If you fight with friends who aren't interested as playing as the Mii just like you, you won't have to worry about that. Also Mario Kart allowed a total of 12 players online with more likability there will be one of those 12 who like to play as their Mii. Smash restricts it down to Four. You'll see less Miis then you did in Mario Kart as a result.

I'm only neutral about the Miis. I won't really care too much if they are playable, nor will I care if they aren't. I do however think their chances are pretty high at this point.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Really now? Having third-party characters alone already defeats the whole point of Smash Bros. since they are not actually Nintendo characters.
technically no
It would defeat the purpose of it if we start adding random guys in (Steve, a cod solider, somebody from another fighting game) where you be representing things far form Nintendo.
but if you add characters that have a huge part to Nintendo (mega man, sonic) your not going to far out, as long as you represent the things that make them Nintendo (mega mans nes look, Sonics lost world content)
the main point about smash is to make a game that represents Nintendo's franchises, history, and its importance, with the characters that you play as fighting each other. adding third party characters that can be consider Nintendo's all-stars don't defeat its purpose, it actually expands it.

Ray_Babe

Smash Rookie
that is how things are just going to be. ray man chances are dead
he is just one of those characters that fit in with smash but does not have enough history or importance to actually be considered.
and if that's not enough what happen with ray man legends is enough to dig up the grave where he will be sitting in
y. You're not 100% sure on that though, since you didn't know how close Ubisoft is to Nintendo though :D I think he has a Better chance making it in than all the other third party characters Nintendo has thought up already (mostly the fake rumored ones) I'm sure Ubisoft wouldn't mind either tehe ~ My Rayman deserves to Finally be in a Smash game for next year! All the rumors prove it ~

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So tomorrow is the the day we'll find out about the Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii rumor? Ooh this should be exciting.
Tomorrow will certainly not be the day we learn that the leak is true.
We will never know if the leak is true or not.
Sure, we can easily get Mii tomorrow (A high possibility). We can get Pac-Man later, and Little Mac even later. Not all 3 at once, not on a normal day like October 25th 2013.
Plus, all of his choices besides WFT are completely reasonable and likely predictions. WFT is the only reason anyone believes it.
I wonder if Sakurai is well aware of the Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii rumor spreading.
Hope he doesn't pull the characters from the game because of it. :troll:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
y. You're not 100% sure on that though, since you didn't know how close Ubisoft is to Nintendo though :D I think he has a Better chance making it in than all the other third party characters Nintendo has thought up already (mostly the fake rumored ones) I'm sure Ubisoft wouldn't mind either tehe ~ My Rayman deserves to Finally be in a Smash game for next year! All the rumors prove it ~
that is basically the only thing ray man has going for him though, the relation between Ubisoft and Nintendo, but that doesn't do ray man any good.
he is seen more as a Sony star, and has had few games on Nintendo consoles(although I will give you that his games on Nintendo consoles are some of his best) that even the rabbids from his franchise appears more often. and then there's ray man legends, which was suppose to be an Wii u original but, Ubisoft decided to stab Nintendo from the back and made it multi consoled. now to clarified I'm not saying ray man does not have a chance, in fact he probably has better chances than most third party characters do. but with limited space (probably 1 or 2 spots left) and much more better competitors for those spots (pacman, snake, bomber man, sec. saga rep. professor Layton, phoenix wright, and maybe geno) there is just no room for him in there. and to bring the back stab back up, he might not even be consider because of what happened. in the end ray man is a possibility but thanks to better competition, limited spots, and back stabbing. his chances are dead

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You know, I gave it some thought, and the possibility of Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man being announced tomorrow is as big as ever.
Punch Out's anniversary in Japan is this week.
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures comes out this week.
Wii Party U does as well.
This would be the perfect time to release the 3 characters, and yes Blue, we shall see if said rumor is true.
Props to APC99 for helping me realize this.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
You know, I gave it some thought, and the possibility of Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man being announced tomorrow is as big as ever.
This would be the perfect time to release the 3 characters, and yes Blue, we shall see if said rumor is true.
huh I never knew that
whelp, then I guess it is time to put that rumor to the test

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
While plausible, I shall be guessing a big no. I mean, first I don't believe any rumors, I think he just got a lucky guess. A really lucky guess. Having that big a thing seems a bit outrageous, for three newcomers on one day. Would they just release a big video of them? I don't know, I would love it if it happened, but I have to guess no.

Also, Rayman. Nah. We will most likely not exceed 3 or 4 third party reps this game, or else iit will truly draw away from the game and what it stands for. And right now, there are only 4 third parties that are truly plausible. Sonic, Snake, Megaman, and Pac-Man. All huge gaming icons, all known by all videogamers and non-videogamers alike. Rayman isnt rreally tthat much of aan icon, which I think has to be a pretty big portion of the third party selection process.

Also, nice pic today. Very nice picture of the very nice Sonic stage in the very nice Smash Bros. game.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Are there any potential hazards in the Windy Hill Zone for those that have played the new Sonic game?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Has anybody considered that a reveal not happening tomorrow doesn't mean jack ****?

Wonder Red wasn't revealed with Wonderful 101. I guess there's no way he's getting in now.

I'm basically neutral towards Mii's and Pac-Man, Little Mac deserves it. But really I wouldn't expect a huge reveal with Sonic being our latest character announced. However, at the same time, it's been awhile since we've seen anybody get revealed, so I am expecting somebody pretty soon here.

Secretly hoping it's Ike or Snake even though there isn't any reason to reveal them now...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Did anyone here that the release date might gave been leaked?
It's apparently December 31th 2014
This might be true, and would fit with Sakurai's trolling how he put it on the last day of 2014
But it is a bad business move since it is after Christmas.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This might be true, and would fit with Sakurai's trolling how he put it on the last day of 2014
That's just a preliminary date. That's obviously not the real release date.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Where'd you hear it, Gamestop?
Release dates are usually tentatively set at December 31, XXXX.
It is definitely not a leak.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
its just set up like that because there is no official release date yet.
as soon as its revealed they'll replace it

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
This article also considers that there is a possibility of Xerneas being playable.
I'm sure if you ask Gamestop, they will also tell you Dec. 31.
GameStop also doesn't let me reserve the damn game because apparently it's not "formally announced"!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
That's a fair reason to not want the Miis. But I feel like that will only happen if you do the "Fight with Anyone" thing. If you fight with friends who aren't interested as playing as the Mii just like you, you won't have to worry about that. Also Mario Kart allowed a total of 12 players online with more likability there will be one of those 12 who like to play as their Mii. Smash restricts it down to Four. You'll see less Miis then you did in Mario Kart as a result.

I'm only neutral about the Miis. I won't really care too much if they are playable, nor will I care if they aren't. I do however think their chances are pretty high at this point.
I'm not worried about my friends. My friends aren't casuals. What I'm concerned with is how Smash Bros., the series that used to introduce players to many different series and close the gap between being a core gamer and casual gamer, will now be regulated to "that fighting game where you can play as Miis and beat each other up LMAO!", which will overall hurt Smash Bros.'s influence. I never would have tried a Metroid game, or an EarthBound game, or a Fire Emblem game, or a great number of games for that matter, had I not had good exposure to them in Smash Bros. When you potentially allow players to forgo that into just being comparable to that of just another Nintendo Land, that effect is lost. I'm not even kidding when I say some people will legitimately think that Smash Bros. is a spiritual successor to Nintendo Land, either. The casual audience is by far larger than us and most the time much more ignorant in regards to knowing anything about Nintendo.

And it was 8, first of all, in Mario Kart 7, not 12 racers. 12 was on Mario Kart Wii. Second, the fact that there are less potential players is even worse considering that it only takes 2 people playing as Mii for a match to be 50% Mii, as compared to the 6 it would take for the same effect. Scale that to the fact that 5 times out of 8, you'll be racing against other Miis on Mario Kart wifi, and realize that means a lot of matches--2 and a half times out of 4, to be exact--will be nothing but Miis having crouching-and-taunt parties. That sounds like an awful idea entirely. Add onto the fact that some non-casual players will choose Mii for the supposed customization mechanic everybody believes Miis would get, and Smash Bros. will easily turn into being majority about Mii. I know it sounds like I'm over-exaggerating, but again, despite the regular Mario Kart cast being the ones that advertised Mario Kart 7, a lot of the characters were still in minority of usage. People will jump to familiarity in the form of themselves that quickly.

I'm fine with having Miis as playable for the most part. It's just the side-effect they will bring that I absolutely despite, to the point where Miis are one of the characters I'm entirely against simply for that fact.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
This article also considers that there is a possibility of Xerneas being playable.

That's exactly what happens when you have ill-informed, out-of-their-expertise, non-video-game related websites post anything about Super Smash Brothers.
It makes me nostalgically long for Examiner.com and Latino Post.

Actually, Latino Post might be even worse. They once desired a de-confirmation of Mr. Game & Watch... all while aspiring confirmations for Midna and Scrooge McDuck.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm not worried about my friends. My friends aren't casuals. What I'm concerned with is how Smash Bros., the series that used to introduce players to many different series and close the gap between being a core gamer and casual gamer, will now be regulated to "that fighting game where you can play as Miis and beat each other up LMAO!",
Miis are still Nintendo characters. Why does having this one Nintendo character ruin Smash Brothers? Because you can edit it to look like something?

I know it sounds like I'm over-exaggerating, but again, despite the regular Mario Kart cast being the ones that advertised Mario Kart 7, a lot of the characters were still in minority of usage. People will jump to familiarity in the form of themselves that quickly.
Why would people play as Miis 50% of the time? It's not like Mario Kart where playing as your Mii has almost no difference than playing as a character. They have their own move sets and they'll get tired of using the same one.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm not worried about my friends. My friends aren't casuals. What I'm concerned with is how Smash Bros., the series that used to introduce players to many different series and close the gap between being a core gamer and casual gamer, will now be regulated to "that fighting game where you can play as Miis and beat each other up LMAO!", which will overall hurt Smash Bros.'s influence. I never would have tried a Metroid game, or an EarthBound game, or a Fire Emblem game, or a great number of games for that matter, had I not had good exposure to them in Smash Bros. When you potentially allow players to forgo that into just being comparable to that of just another Nintendo Land, that effect is lost. I'm not even kidding when I say some people will legitimately think that Smash Bros. is a spiritual successor to Nintendo Land, either. The casual audience is by far larger than us and most the time much more ignorant in regards to knowing anything about Nintendo.

And it was 8, first of all, in Mario Kart 7, not 12 racers. 12 was on Mario Kart Wii. Second, the fact that there are less potential players is even worse considering that it only takes 2 people playing as Mii for a match to be 50% Mii, as compared to the 6 it would take for the same effect. Scale that to the fact that 5 times out of 8, you'll be racing against other Miis on Mario Kart wifi, and realize that means a lot of matches--2 and a half times out of 4, to be exact--will be nothing but Miis having crouching-and-taunt parties. That sounds like an awful idea entirely. Add onto the fact that some non-casual players will choose Mii for the supposed customization mechanic everybody believes Miis would get, and Smash Bros. will easily turn into being majority about Mii. I know it sounds like I'm over-exaggerating, but again, despite the regular Mario Kart cast being the ones that advertised Mario Kart 7, a lot of the characters were still in minority of usage. People will jump to familiarity in the form of themselves that quickly.

I'm fine with having Miis as playable for the most part. It's just the side-effect they will bring that I absolutely despite, to the point where Miis are one of the characters I'm entirely against simply for that fact.

Wow, that... totally put a new spin on my vision for Miis. As if I don't have enough trouble opening a wi-fi battle and entering a taunt battle mistakenly. I begin to fight without knowledge, they all gain up on me. And believe me, beating 2 Meta Knights and a Kirby with Lucas is no small challenge. It always ends with Sudden Death as they continually go "come, come, come, come" as their horny pink friend continually crouches and screams "HIIII" until my ears bleed.

Imagine Hitler, Mike Tyson and Osama bin Laden suddenly ganging up on me! *shivers*

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Miis should serve as the customizable characters of the game, otherwise they serve no purpose because they are pretty bland.
Why does a Mii have to be Bland,
It could use sports stuff,
Wii Party stuff
Wii play stuff,
There is so much to pull moves from!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
That's exactly what happens when you have ill-informed, out-of-their-expertise, non-video-game related websites post anything about Super Smash Brothers.
It makes me nostalgically long for Examiner.com and Latino Post.

Actually, Latino Post might be even worse. They once desired a de-confirmation of Mr. Game & Watch... all while aspiring confirmations for Midna and Scrooge McDuck.
Imagine Hitler, Mike Tyson and Osama bin Laden suddenly ganging up on me! *shivers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom