• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If Dixie gets in SSB4 over K. Rool, it will be because K. Rool hasn't appeared (to our knowledge) in the "Donkey Kong Country Returns" series. For what it's worth, it is entirely possible (and maybe probable) that Dixie is a more well-known character to the younger generation because of spin-off appearances. And maybe that's worth a lot. But I don't think it lessens K. Rool as a character.
I agree with basically all of your comment up until this point. It's a case of correlation not necessarily equaling causation if K. Rool misses out on Smash after not appearing in Returns, given that characters like Luigi, Ganondorf, Marth, Diddy have become playable despite not appearing in key games before their newcomer debuts, and the practice of adding characters unknown to the younger generation through retro and shock characters has existed since Melee. Kind of like Ridley not appearing wouldn't be due to him being "too big" or Little Mac not appearing wouldn't be due to him "having no potential," K. Rool not appearing wouldn't be due to some arbitrarily high quota for new game appearances applied specifically to him; for all we know, Sakurai might just prefer Dixie, or be dense enough to not find K. Rool unique like that one almost-certainly false leak suggested.

Toon Zelda's "competition" is, what, Ghirahim, a one-shot, and Tingle? If there's a newcomer from the Zelda series, it would be her, although the fact that people aren't collectively fangasming over her for being planned for Brawl and being in Wind Waker HD is a testament to how little fanfare there'd be if she were actually added.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
On the topic of main Pokemon antagonists...

My favorite is Giovanni. I actually like the fact that he DOESN'T have a big grand scheme. He's just a mafia boss.

In a world like Pokemon, I think that makes the most sense. The greatest villain is someone who becomes so obsessed with being the best, having the best Pokemon, that they lose the emotional reasons they became a trainer in the first place.

I think every other villain has had an overblown, biased, not very well thought out plan (especially Magma and Aqua). N wasn't bad, but he was essentially tricked, and Ghestis was more or less similar to Giovanni.
Ghetsis was the best Pokémon villain in my opinion. He had a very clear goal in mind and would do anything to achieve it, manipulating people (the whole scheme to make people release Pokémon), abusing the Pokémon themselves and harness their power (he forced Kyurem against its own will, after all), abusing his son N into believing in lies so he could stay behind the scenes planning his world domination only to discard him once the plan was successful.

Giovanni was a typical mafia boss (or Yakuza boss in the Japanese version) that wanted power and money, using Pokémon to achieve such goals. Remember the Marowak who was killed, so Team Rocket could sell Cubone and Marowak skulls or in Gold/Silver with the Slowpoke Tails. He also wanted the Master Ball, so he could catch anything without fail and that would make his business easier.

Ghetsis was more like an Evil Overlord kind of villain and Giovanni was more like a criminal mastermind. Both are evil, but Ghetsis was much more evil than Giovanni.

Team Aqua and Magma were the worst villain teams. Cyrus is the third best Pokémon villain, as he had a clear objective too and was close to achieve it. Team Flare could have been better, if their story wasn't so rushed towards the end of the game.

On-topic: King K. Rool and Dixie could both be in this game alongside Diddy and DK. Donkey Kong is a series I can see getting two necomers. I also don't think Zelda will get one.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Nice fake "leak"

Jigglypuff loses to Roy's Blazer. :)
No.:b:

Toon Zelda's "competition" is, what, Ghirahim, a one-shot, and Tingle? If there's a newcomer from the Zelda series, it would be her, although the fact that people aren't collectively fangasming over her for being planned for Brawl and being in Wind Waker HD is a testament to how little fanfare there'd be if she were actually added.
Which is why she most likely wouldn't be revealed before the game is out, if she was in

D

Deleted member

On the topic of who is more important to the DK franchise, the answer is K. Rool. (That's of course, between him and Dixie. If it was out of anyone that wasn't DK or Diddy, it would be Cranky. :awesome:)

Now, on the other hand, Dixie does have her foot in the door for Smash and is more likely at this point when all the points are added up.
Not to say we can't get both, but if only one could be included for whatever reason, my money would be on Dixie.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
the only thing I can give geno is that he was in one of the best games on the snes, but he is just a side character and even at times feeling completely useless (I never use him or mallow) wanting geno in the game with his status makes about as much sense as having doc Louis as a playable character, without little mac being in the game

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Wii U Party comes out tomorrow.

Think we'll get Mii?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So...

Think we'll get Mii?
While I don't mind Mii being in the game, I actually wouldn't like to see Miis revealed so soon, because of that "Pac-Man, Mii, Little Mac" rumor some people still seem to blindly believe and that would probably start making false assumptions and seeing correlations where they don't exist.

D

Deleted member

It's possible, but I'm not holding my breath given the last time we used a release date for a prediction....
(Granted, it was because of interference by Game Freak, but still....)

D

Deleted member

While I don't mind Mii being in the game, I actually wouldn't like to see Miis revealed so soon, because of that "Pac-Man, Mii, Little Mac" rumor some people still seem to blindly believe and that would probably start making false assumptions and seeing correlations where they don't exist.
If using reasonable logic to believe it is being "blind", I don't want to be able to see.

EDIT: Not saying it's without a doubt "true", but I'm not convinced that it isn't.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If using reasonable logic to believe it is being "blind", I don't want to be able to see.
No one in their sane mind would believe a rumor, no matter how close to reality it may be.

There's only one kind of information that is valid and that is information that comes from official sources or statements.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So...

Think we'll get Mii?

Honestly I kinda hope not. It's possible, I won't deny that. But Miis aren't hype-inducing to me personally. Hell, I'd actually prefer Toad over the Miis, and I don't even like Toad.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Assuming that rumor is true in the first place and Sakurai cares...
True. Even if it is a leak, he knows that 80% of the 'logical' people will not believe it. At least the guy who guessed didn't provide where he 'found out'.

I'd say the guy got lucky. Mega Man was thought to have had a 50-50 chance, Villager a little more but was generally disliked, and the Wii Fit Trainer no chance. So much for 'logic'. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Or he could have genuinely leaked the three newcomers and added three more characters to the list? Hasn't anyone thought on this possibility?

D

Deleted member

No one in their sane mind would believe a rumor, no matter how close to reality it may be.

There's only one kind of information that is valid and that is information that comes from official sources or statements.
Tell that to the PokéBeach "rumor" back in February that has been spot-on with everything it said aside from a few honest mistakes (such as labeling Psychic as a weakness of Fairy instead of Poison and referring to Mewtwo's "X exclusive form" as more Mew-like in design while the "Y exclusive form" (the one already known about) being more Mewtwo-like, in which the opposite was true) and deliberately false information (Switching Chesnaught's and Greninja's secondary Types after saying the correct ones to keep Nintendo off his trail.)

So yeah, there's no doubt in my mind the source the leaker got the character list from was holding on to inside information. The only thing I question is whether or not the part that didn't come true (Little Mac, Miis, Pac-Man at E3) was an honest mistake (the source thought they were being revealed at E3, but they were really being saved for later) or deliberately false information (the source didn't hear anything about them but listed them anyway regardless of whether or not they are in the game in order to get the actual leak of Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer under Nintendo's radar.)

I choose to believe the former.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Somebody was lazy. The link to the fanart is still on one of his / her tabs.
GG
Geno looks plastic, not wooden, in that fanart. So that person was lazy for using that fanart and said fanart was done by a lazy artist.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Whether the "rumor" is true or not, all three are likely newcomers. Pac-Man's the current most likely newcomer 3rd Party, Little Mac is something alot of people want to see, and Miis would appeal to the casual audience.

For all we know if they're all in the game it doesn't necessarily mean this guy who made the rumor knew they were in. He just had very good guesses.

I think for sure we're getting at least one, if not all of these 3 however.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Tell that to the PokéBeach "rumor" back in February that has been spot-on with everything it said aside from a few honest mistakes (such as labeling Psychic as a weakness of Fairy instead of Poison and referring to Mewtwo's "X exclusive form" as more Mew-like in design while the "Y exclusive form" (the one already known about) being more Mewtwo-like, in which the opposite was true) and deliberately false information (Switching Chesnaught's and Greninja's secondary Types after saying the correct ones to keep Nintendo off his trail.)

So yeah, there's no doubt in my mind the source the leaker got the character list from was holding on to inside information. The only thing I question is whether or not the part that didn't come true (Little Mac, Miis, Pac-Man at E3) was an honest mistake (the source thought they were being revealed at E3, but they were really being saved for later) or deliberately false information (the source didn't hear anything about them but listed them anyway regardless of whether or not they are in the game in order to get the actual leak of Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer under Nintendo's radar.)

Hmm... Maybe, but can you really discount it just being a guess? I agree with you on your second point, and I believe that Little Mac, Pac-Man, and the Mii have a good chance of being revealed.

I just can't shake how 'lucky' he was... even if it was a leak. Remember the other leak a while back? They said King K. Rool, Ridley, Little Mac, and some 'new' Yoshi character would be in the game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

The leaker could have added false information or twist some of the information like most leakers do to avoid trouble.

Perhaps, only two of the three unrevealed characters are true. There's no way to know it and I think that people will correlate a possible Mii reveal to the rumor, even if there's no correlation at all.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Really I'm not excited about all 3 getting in. So my hopes are pretty low actually.

Oh, well ok then. I think the only one of the three I'd really like to see is Little Mac. But I wouldn't expect him to be revealed for a little while honestly. Pac-Man would be an okay choice too, depending on what games would be used for his moveset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom