• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
To add to this argument...
The main reason most people (not specifically SaturnGamer) have Dixie on their roster instead of K. Rool is because of Tropical Freeze.
You can't deny it, everyone's a sucker for recency.
I don't have Dixie on my roster just because of TF. Granted, TF made me look back at her and reconsider who she is as a character as a whole, but it was never for just TF. I've said it before why I put her on my roster: it feels like something that Sakurai would do, it's just a guess. Either of them can make it with equal chances.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I once imagined the intro would involve the original 12 running along on a stormy night on their Smash 64 models, then transition into Melee's graphics with all newcomers from that game appear along them as well, followed by Brawl's and finally SSB4's.

If that actually happens, I'll have the largest, most ecstatic smile for weeks. Even if the game is ****.

You forgot to say that in the part of the transition to Brawl Mewtwo,Pichu,Roy,Young Link and Dr.Mario are running to the Brawl portal and then they explode for no reason.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
:( I saw a dead duck driving to school today. You made me remember it and now I'm sad.
This current topic being done to death to the point of beating the dead horse's rotted bones doesn't already give said reminder of a dead animal on the side of the road? And trust me, after coming in to see...this...I share your sadness...but it's more "I feel so sorry for you people" kind of sad.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I don't see why 2 DK reps is considered likely, regardless of how much they "deserve" it.
GASP! DON'T say the "r" word! There are kids in here!

You forgot to say that in the part of the transition to Brawl Mewtwo,Pichu,Young Link,Roy and Dr.Mario are running and then they explode for no reason.
Better yet, they all trip. :awesome:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
This current topic being done to death to the point of beating the dead horse's rotted bones doesn't already give said reminder of a dead animal on the side of the road? And trust me, after coming in to see...this...I share your sadness...but it's more "I feel so sorry for you people" kind of sad.
Honestly, at this point, I'm just attempting to pass the time, maybe fill in people about what's going on and some of my opinions. Meh.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Screw King K. Rool!!!! I want this guy:
He'd talk about how his tooth aches during battle and sing some of the catchiest and awesome songs ever!!!!
Plus he's still have the Pirate Gear!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Also, I'd say 4 DK reps is unnecessary and should be save for other franchises.

OBJECTION!
DK is the obvious next step for 4 reps.
Before Pokémon came along, Nintendo's big three was Mario, Zelda, and none other than DK.
Not to mention the fact that DK is Nintendo's first big franchise (technically), and is basically responsible for its success. Imagine Nintendo without Donkey Kong arcade machines.
DK's importance to Nintendo goes beyond almost every franchise in Smash at the moment, only behind Mario and probably Zelda.
The crime is that DK only has 2 reps as of now, it should probably have 3 by now.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How are two new DK characters unnecessary if they can be distinct from the two already in and the DK series is a well known Nintendo series?

If there's any franchise which has a likely possibility of getting two newcomers, it's Donkey Kong.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
To add to this argument...
The main reason most people (not specifically SaturnGamer) have Dixie on their roster instead of K. Rool is because of Tropical Freeze.
You can't deny it, everyone's a sucker for recency.

I honestly wouldn't mind that at all.
And no, I'm almost positive there's still someone out there who hasn't figured it out yet.
Is take Giygas in several different ways

- his earthbound form as an assist
- his earthbound form as a stage
- his mother 1 form as a playable character
- his mother 1 form as a boss

I'd prefer 3, and 4
Not 2, because I can't fight without staring Giygas.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Honestly, at this point, I'm just attempting to pass the time, maybe fill in people about what's going on and some of my opinions. Meh.
I can see you've lowered your standards for time-passing. :p

The only thing I see worthwhile here is to say something funny to make people laugh, considering no half-assed joke posts are going to make the cut. :p I bet it's time like this you wish you had Pokemon X or Y eh?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Once you have either Dixie or K. Rool that is enough necessary representation for Donkey Kong. Just like Mario deserves, but doesn't need 5 characters.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
your going need to try a lot harder mate,
this thread has already gotten to the point of insanity, the only way to pass time here is to join them, or get very far away from the computer.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Is take Giygas in several different ways

- his earthbound form as an assist
- his earthbound form as a stage
- his mother 1 form as a playable character
- his mother 1 form as a boss

I'd prefer 3, and 4
Not 2, because I can't fight without staring Giygas.
That'd make playing adventure mode as Mewtwo more interesting than usual...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
In my eyes I'd say it does merit 4 characters, Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool seems like the strongest way to rep demonstrate the franchise.
I never said it didn't merit 4 characters. I said it didn't need it. Especially not as much as other franchises should get more characters.

I personally think Brawl gave us all the characters we absolutely needed with the exception of Mewtwo, Ridley, and Bomberman. Brawl's roster was basically perfection.

The difference is that the choices for Donkey Kong aren't lame.
To be honest, I don't think King K. Rool's potential even comes close to Paper Mario's :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The notion of 4 DK characters being unnecessary is ridiculous if you ask me. DK is one of the Nintendo's larger franchises, and K. Rool and Dixie both have potential (espescially K. Rool) and most other franchises don't have any remaining characters that can compare to them in term of importance, potential, and also support. (Dixie may not have as much support as K. Rool) Krystal and Bandana Dee for examples, they can't compare to K. Rool and Dixie, though they could also be the 4th characters for their respective franchise. The DK franchise is easily the next best choice to have 4 characters.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I can see you've lowered your standards for time-passing. :p

The only thing I see worthwhile here is to say something funny to make people laugh, considering no half-***** joke posts are going to make the cut. :p I bet it's time like this you wish you had Pokemon X or Y eh?
Yes. It really is. I need that game and I can't get it yet. I probably have to wait...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'd say that 4 DK reps is stupid, except for one fact.
The best selling Nintendo franchises are
1. Super Mario
2. Pokémon
3. The Legend Of Zelda
4. Donkey Kong

The top three should get 5 reps each, and Dk could get 4

Though I do agree that A DK 4th rep and should be saved. I'd prefer that Dk only gets 3 reps DK, Diddy, Dixie.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Dixie has in fact appeared more than K. Rool and also represented the mainstream Donkey Kong series outside it's own series in games such as Mario Sports, Diddy Kong Racing, and almost Brawl (yes I know she was supposedly a duo mechanic, but you can still play as her like you can play as Nana).

Most wouldn't consider being playable in a game series more to be a plus, but in the case that it rivals a character's importance I would count this. Not to mention Dixie Kong starred in her very own game. She seems to be very popular in Japan as well and Kongs just seem like the more preffered characters in the Donkey Kong Country series. Granterd King K. Rool not being a Kong would bring diversity, but still. Even if K. Rool is the villian, she's just as iconic to the series if not slightly more.
"Dixie has in fact appeared more than K. Rool and also represented the mainstream Donkey Kong series outside it's own series in games such as Mario Sports, Diddy Kong Racing, and almost Brawl"

Only appeared once more, it seems, but beside the point. Being in more Spin-Off games (not even DK games, for the most part) makes her more important? I guess that's your opinion. Okay.

"Most wouldn't consider being playable in a game series more to be a plus"

This already says "opinion".

"but in the case that it rivals a character's importance I would count this."

Again, I don't consider Spin-Off games as valuable resources for "importance". Look at Mario Kart 7, for example (granted, it's the only obscure Mario Spin-Off roster that comes to mind).

"Not to mention Dixie Kong starred in her very own game."

False. She co-starred in a Donkey Kong game along with her cousin, Kiddie Kong.

"Even if K. Rool is the villian, she's just as iconic to the series if not slightly more."

Somehow, I wouldn't consider this factual.

Anyway, this is clearly an opinionated argument, and you think you can snicker at me for questioning it. Cute.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I'd say that 4 DK reps is stupid, except for one fact.
The best selling Nintendo franchises are
1. Super Mario
2. Pokémon
3. The Legend Of Zelda
4. Donkey Kong

The top three should get 5 reps each, and Dk could get 4

Though I do agree that A DK 4th rep and should be saved. I'd prefer that Dk only gets 3 reps DK, Diddy, Dixie.
u forgot the Wii series bro :awesome:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
How are two new DK characters unnecessary if they can be distinct from the two already in and the DK series is a well known Nintendo series?

If there's any franchise which has a likely possibility of getting two newcomers, it's Donkey Kong.
Especially since Donkey Kong Country is on a roll, and is probably going to be more important over the next 5 years sales-wise than Zelda is to Nintendo. After all, Zelda sales are dropping, whereas DKC Returns sold like hotcakes, and DKC: Tropical Freeze is clearly going to be the early 2014 pillar of the Wii U.

Sales for the DK series isn't a lot lower than Zelda either, despite fewer games.
The difference is that the choices for Donkey Kong aren't lame.
This is still the strongest argument for keeping DK and Diddy Kong, and adding K. Rool plus Dixie Kong (or conversely Cranky Kong).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom