• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Someone called Metal Gear Solid an FPS?

:lol when people have no idea what they're talking about.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright, just popping in, but you all know that Blue never admits defeat. So keep trying, but you'll never win.
See you guys later.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I'mma be petitioning for a Tom Nook costume for the Villager yo.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Don't forget the 16th Commandment: "Though Raccoon must wield a gun and Captain America's shield, and maybe also Iron Man's helmet. Amen. Praise Tom Cruise's anus in Mission Impossible 4. Ahshala."
I'm not sure you and I go to the same church. But back on topic, ZS should totally have a nuclear vomit attack!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So if the popular choices like K. Rool, Ridley, and Palutena get announced, would you accept Tom Nook?
That would not at all affect his chances, or my prediction of him. The only way a character's chances can be revealed is if, say, Sheik is announced before Zelda, ZSS before Samus, or a Yoshi/Wario rep before Yoshi/Wario.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ninten...out-prioritizing Tom Nook....
It makes way more sense the concept of a second Animal Crossing character, believe it or not. It's no crazier than Dr. Mario if not less crazy where as the concept BluePikmin11 is trying to sell us is crazier than 'Mr. Game & Watch 2'

So if the popular choices like K. Rool, Ridley, and Palutena get announced, would you accept Tom Nook?
Did you honest to god just set the 'more priority' list I gave you on fire and throw it in the trash. Please explain to me why you blatantly ignore the proof and evidence and proceed to act like it doesn't exist. This is what causes your insane rosters.

Whatever, if you don't care about your rosters and sounding the least bit logiccal, why should I?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Did you honest to god just set the 'more priority' list I gave you on fire and throw it in the trash. Please explain to me why you blatantly ignore the proof and evidence and proceed to act like it doesn't exist. This is what causes your insane rosters.
It was just a hypothetical question.
Also, because I treat every Nintendo franchise as equal to having one or more playable characters.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm most interested in a debate between GoldenYuiitusin and SaturnGamer64. I never seen these two in conflict.
Because when people don't agree or declare him the victor, he resorts to cussing before finally hiding behind the ignore button and pretending you don't exist. Golden doesn't really accept different opinions. It's pointless to debate with him because he just puts you on ignore.

Also, because I treat every Nintendo franchise as equal to having playable characters.
Well, making yourself believe something you want doesn't make it true. It's called denial.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
For some reason all the people here thinks that K.Rool and Ridley are 100% safe.
At least for me, they are iffy.
I don't know what's going to happen with this forum if they are deconfirmed ._.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
For some reason all the people here thinks that K.Rool and Ridley are 100% safe.
they are iffy,
its just people don't want to think about them not being in the game so they believe that they are in.
lets just hope to god that they are actually are in are this entire board is going to blow up bigger than WW1

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It makes way more sense the concept of a second Animal Crossing character, believe it or not. It's no crazier than Dr. Mario if not less crazy where as the concept BluePikmin11 is trying to sell us is crazier than 'Mr. Game & Watch 2'
While the likelihood of a second AC character may or may not be likely, you're exaggerating Tom Nook's unimportance. If there was a second AC character, Nook would probably be the most likely choice, as he's one of the most recognizable characters after "the villager".

Also, why do you see Ninten as a newcomer making better sense than a second AC character in the first place?
Ninten may be the first Mother hero, but he's pretty obscure now, and not in the "retro" kind of way.

I've spent maybe 5 minutes on this thread today...
Aw, you've spent an hour or so more on this thread before. I know you can handle more than this. :p

-----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
says all rosters that don't agree with him are not logical,
says ninten is more important than tom nook,
yes because your ideas make the most sense, don't they
More sense than Tom Nook. That was the point, that Tom Nook is more pointless even in comparison to Ninten. (although if Ninten didn't wear a hat this would be a different discussion.)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
To be honest, I'd rather have Tom Nook over Pale Tuna.
I'd rather have a lot of characters instead of Pale Tuna, because quite frankly, her potential just doesn't spark my imagination, and from what I gather, most people only want her because they like Kid Icarus: Uprising, they want another Kid Icarus character, they like her character instead of/without thinking about her potential as a smash bros playable character, or because they feel Smash needs more side boob.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ninten may be the first Mother hero, but he's pretty obscure now, and not in the "retro" kind of way.
That's probably the last problem you should consider when thinking of Ninten. I was thinking more along the lines that MOTHER 2 being so similar to MOTHER 1 is what makes his representation pointless. Him being obscure doesn't really matter in the case of completing the trio and adding the first protagonist of MOTHER. He's probably not that obscure in Japan, especially after the GBA port.

But. like I said. He has problems a little bigger than obscurity... :lol:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
No character will truly ever be a shoo-in (it's shoo-in people...).

There are some very likely and deserving characters, like Ridley, King K. Rool/Dixie, Palutena, Little Mac, but all characters have their drawbacks. It all depends on whether or not Sakurai wants to add them in.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, King K. Rool is one of the last people who should be considered a shoo-in when Dixie Kong basically rivals all his merits.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well Pale Tuna is a fish, so it's understandable why people would be skeptical.
I would prefer Halibut anyways. It's got so much more potential. You can roast it, deep fry it, or put cheese on it and it still tastes amazing.

Plus it tastes better plain anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom