• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Did... did you just called Metal Gear a ****ing First Person Shooter!?
I am pretty sure he just meant a shooter, I sometimes call shooters FPS even though I am not necessarily talking about First Person Shooters. It is like calling Brawl a fighting game. It is really more of a party game with fighting game elements.

Edit- Never mind. Haha.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Saturn is probably gonna have a "pleasant" surprise when he sees the BluePikmin mania that has been going on lately.

It'll be an interesting spectacle.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No I don't want a CoD character, we already have Snake representing the FPS genre, only it's limited to explosives.

How many damn times do I have to say we don't have reps, for franchises or genres=???

Besides, Snake isn't even from a First Person Shooter.

Please, if MGS is a FPS, then I guess the Wind Waker HD is, too.

If you're going to say something, at least be somewhat informed what you are talking about.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Tom Nook can't be in SM4SH. Rocket Raccoon was in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

And we must not forget, one of the lost 15 commandments, "Thou shalt not put Raccoon based characters in more than one fighting game within the same decade."

This is the word of the Lord.
Don't forget the 16th Commandment: "Though Raccoon must wield a gun and Captain America's shield, and maybe also Iron Man's helmet. Amen. Praise Tom Cruise's anus in Mission Impossible 4. Ahshala."

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Are we doing this again??? Let's make something crystal clear:

Hypothetical situation: Sakurai has just finished development of the 3 popular characters, K. Rool, Ridley and Palutena. Then he thinks, "why not add Tom Nook while were at it. We did all the popular choices, so why not we give AC another popularly requested rep while we have the chance?"
Because Sakurai added Villager over Tom Nook for a reason and you already know what this reason is. He picked the avatar of the game and gave him the game itself as his move set. This 100% pointless character who serves literally no purpose whatsoever is still out prioritized by

Shulk
Issac
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Roy/Chrom
Little Mac
Pac-Man
Mii
Paper Mario/Bowser Jr.
Genesect
Dr. Mario
Toon Zelda
Ninten

Yeah! That's how pointless Tom Nook is.

This is the millionth time I've said this and that you ignored it so...

Please read the following very carefully and remember that I'm not yelling. I'm posting in bold because you completely ignore it every other time I tell you. And please at least counter this argument for once before blatantly dismissing it and adding Tom Nook regardless that you know this problem exists:

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW POPULAR TOM NOOK IS OR HOW MUCH ANIMAL CROSSING DESERVES A SECOND REP! THE AVATAR OF THE GAME WAS CHOSEN AND GIVING THE ENTIRETY OF THE GAME AS HIS MOVE SET! HAVING AN ACTUAL CHARACTER WHO EITHER DOES THIS OR DOES SOMETHING THAT ISN'T A MOVE SET BASED OFF THE ENTIRETY OF THE GAME MAKES NO SENSE! NO MATTER HOW ICONIC ANIMAL CROSSING IS!

TOM NOOK WILL NOT HAVE HIS OWN MOVE SET! SAKURAI KNOWS WHEN A CHARACTER IS CLONE MATERIAL! IF GANONDORF, LUCAS, AND TOON LINK DIDN'T GET THEIR OWN MOVE SETS THEN NEITHER WILL TOM NOOK!

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Wow, I forgot about my 4,000 post. I remember getting close to 4000. Perhaps I was too busy once again like in my 3,000 post.
Oh I also had the 444444 post. What a weird coicidence.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Because Sakurai added Villager over Tom Nook for a reason and you already know what this reason is. He picked the avatar of the game and gave him the game itself as his move set. This 100% pointless character who serves literally no purpose whatsoever is still out prioritized by

Shulk
Issac
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Roy/Chrom
Little Mac
Pac-Man
Mii
Paper Mario/Bowser Jr.
Genesect
Dr. Mario
Toon Zelda
Ninten

This is the millionth time I've said this and that you ignored it so...

Please read the following very carefully and remember that I'm not yelling. I'm posting in bold because you completely ignore it every other time I tell you. And please at least counter this argument for once before blatantly dismissing it and adding Tom Nook regardless that you know this problem exists:

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW POPULAR TOM NOOK IS OR HOW MUCH ANIMAL CROSSING DESERVES A SECOND REP! THE AVATAR OF THE GAME WAS CHOSEN AND GIVING THE ENTIRETY OF THE GAME AS HIS MOVE SET! HAVING AN ACTUAL CHARACTER WHO EITHER DOES THIS OR DOES SOMETHING THAT ISN'T A MOVE SET BASED OFF THE ENTIRETY OF THE GAME MAKES NO SENSE! NO MATTER HOW ICONIC ANIMAL CROSSING IS!

TOM NOOK WILL NOT HAVE HIS OWN MOVE SET! SAKURAI KNOWS WHEN A CHARACTER IS CLONE MATERIAL! IF GANONDORF, LUCAS, AND TOON LINK DIDN'T GET THEIR OWN MOVE SETS THEN NEITHER WILL TOM NOOK!

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!
It was never confirmed that Villager is supposed to represent the entire series, so it's still possible. That doesn't even deconfirm Tom Nook at all. And it's still possible Tom Nook can have a different moveset, perhaps best described as a Luigified sorta moveset.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
We've gone over this discussion a million times and he refuses to listen. I'm not even angry. I'm typing in bold in the hopes he might actually read and counter accordingly for once.
then your giving him to high of expectation.
plus who cares if blue Pikmin wants tom nook in, its not like its going to be the end of the world if you can't change everybody mind to what you think the "perfect" roster is.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Shulk
Issac
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Roy/Chrom
Little Mac
Pac-Man
Mii
Paper Mario/Bowser Jr.
Genesect
Dr. Mario
Toon Zelda
Ninten

Ninten...out-prioritizing Tom Nook....

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN![/collapse]
I guess I agree, but you never know, Tom Nook could have an original move set.

I mean, yeah, a character doesn't necessarily have to look similar or even be in the same game series to be cloned from someone else, as Falcon and Ganondorf proved. (they just have a similar body type)

-----

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It was never confirmed that Villager is supposed to represent the entire series, so it's still possible. And it's still possible Tom Nook can have a different moveset, perhaps best described as a Luigified sorta moveset.
It represents a majority of what you DO in the series. If Tom Nook didn't have that it would make as much sense as a second Mr. Game & Watch that didn't do that or only did stuff based on one part of the game. And Luigi got his move set because it evolved throughout different smash games. It makes sense for Luigi to have these moves, it doesn't for Tom Nook.

Please explain why you don't think that is true.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I agree with Saturn to a certain extent. Tom Nook being playable is not at all impossible, just very very unlikely... so yeah. I don't think he'd be a bad addition, just unnecessary at this point in the series. Maybe if we have a next game, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom