• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What about Mewtwo, Kirby, Peach and basically (almost) everyone else?
Mewtwo's up B is easier to punish, although it is more functional with the offense.
Fox's up B is so overrated, lol. Why use it much when you have the much better side B=???
Kirby... eh, his up B move is too predictable, and it's easy to beat. If you can't stop Kirby from recovering, you aren't that good.
Peach I'll give you. I forget about her a lot, because no one I face often uses Peach! :laugh:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Z version will come out before Smash Wii U and 3DS. Z version will likely come out in 10 months to a year, whereas Smash Wii U and 3DS are probably at least 13 months away.
Red and Blue - 1996
Yellow - 1998

Gold and SIlver - 1999
Crystal - 2000

Ruby and Sapphire - 2002
Emerald - 2004

Diamond and Pearl - 2006
Platinum - 2008

Black and White - 2010
Black and White 2 - 2012
(I believe these are all Japanese release dates.)

At the very EARLIEST, a Z version would come out about a year from now. And if SM4SH isn't about to come out at this same point, or has not already come out, then why the hell is he giving us all this information now? And say Z version and SM4SH are both coming out quarter 4ish 2014 (a year from now), do you really think he's gonna still be doing this, "I'll announce characters based on releases within their series" thing. Honestly, if we're still waiting for this game a year from now, he'll be done giving us information, (at least characters), and we'll be waiting for the release and anything left will be hidden characters.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Mewtwo's up B is easier to punish, although it is more functional with the offense.
Fox's up B is so overrated, lol. Why use it much when you have the much better side B=???
Kirby... eh, his up B move is too predictable, and it's easy to beat. If you can't stop Kirby from recovering, you aren't that good.
Peach I'll give you. I forget about her a lot, because no one I face often uses Peach! :laugh:
Still, Mewtwo's double jump and his unpredictable Teleport give him a solid recovery.
You know you just agreed with Fox having better recovery options anyway, right?
While predictable, at least it can DAMAGE those that try to edgeguard him.

Still don't see why you'd think Pichu's recovery is among the Top 3, though.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
What about Mewtwo, Kirby, Peach and basically (almost) everyone else?
As a kirby main. kirby's recovery sucks, you can't even move it like you could in 64/brawl, and if you get hit your screwed, because you can't use the momentum, to grab the ledge. Mainly you'll be using your jumps and then air dodging to the stage or attack so they won't edgeguard you.

Peach has a good recovery, mewtwo yeah sure too bad he's an easy target to hit, and no John I think up-b on fox is better than side B, because with my marth I mostly punish that predictible side B with an aerial or f-smash, SB. but fox's up b can go in any direction. the one that should be using side-b is falco, for obvious reasons.

Pichu's recover is as good as pikachu's, but that self damage thing tho....

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ Nobody plays as reps; we play as characters.

Quite frankly, if your roster was realistic, you can take out Anna (that's never happening, get over it; I got over no Blastoise or Crono), and re-add Lucario.

Then again, it's your rosters, which are always super inaccurate.
Still, Mewtwo's double jump and his unpredictable Teleport give him a solid recovery.
You know you just agreed with Fox having better recovery options anyway, right?
While predictable, at least it can DAMAGE those that try to edgeguard him.

Still don't see why you'd think Pichu's recovery is among the Top 3, though.
It is unpredictable, and it is obviously more useful because it is an offensive move, too.

Not really, because it doesn't go as far. Also, the side B is easier to stop than Agility.

Still vastly inferior. I mean, Kirby's jumps are better, sure, but his final recovery is awful. It's way too easy to beat, and plus, the damage is very minimal. C'mon man... it's Kirby. There's almost nothing redeemable about his design flaws.

Espio264

Smash Ace
That sounds like Nintendo to me.
Whatever. Either way, we're both dumb asses for thinking we know anything about how this game'll actually play out.

Tomorrow he'll confirm mutant Zelda/Pichu hybrid and N64 controller plug-ins.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Still vastly inferior. I mean, Kirby's jumps are better, sure, but his final recovery is awful. It's way too easy to beat, and plus, the damage is very minimal. C'mon man... it's Kirby. There's almost nothing redeemable about his design flaws.
Fine, so Kirby's recovery in Melee is ****stastic, maybe I was thinking of 64's recovery, but you still see what I'm getting at.

(lol, this actually was my 666th post, never noticed untill now.)

Morbi

Scavenger
It's not a rule, it is a stupid concept that stupid people made up and stupid people adhere to.

Basically if you believe in that, you're stupid, sorry.
No one is unintelligent for gauging a proximate number for any given franchise. It is a subjective opinion. Would you believe me if I told you Star Fox would be getting 8 reps this time? This should help illustrate that is is extremely arbitrary to dismiss the notion of a set number of characters in any given franchise. There are limits, realistic limits. While you might not buy into 4 Pokemon characters, it doesn't mean that other people cannot/should not. It is a reasonable estimate.

There will be limits to each franchise. We just don't know the cut off. Speculating the cut off is not wrong, it is actually the purpose of this thread. At least a significant portion of it. It is fairly undisputed that everyone is entitled to an opinion based on rational thought. His was.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's not a rule, it is a stupid concept that stupid people made up and stupid people adhere to.

It's more of a coping mechanism for people with some variation of OCD, don't you think? It's as though people can't stomach the idea of Mario or Zelda not getting more characters than a lesser-selling series with superior characters to offer, so they throw in filler characters from those series just to satisfy those compulsions, or alternatively, leave out the superior ones to begin with.

This is not a knock on your roster, by the way, BluePikmin, it's an attempt to read between the lines with the speculation scene at large. The roster itself is solid enough, though if it is a prediction roster, I would restrain myself in terms of the number of improbable one-shots in favor of bringing back the final few veterans. My personal preference would also be to axe the Diddy-Dixie mechanic, then keep Dixie separate on a roster that size.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I cant wait for PM kirby.... to redeem his melee self.
The developers are holding him and the Ice Climbers for last the last I heard, as well as maybe Olimar. Apparently his neutral B is holding him back until a later date. From what I also hear from reliable sources, he might be the best character in Project M, because he's essentially Smash 64 Kirby! :psycho:
Fine, so Kirby's recovery in Melee is ****stastic, maybe I was thinking of 64's recovery, but you still see what I'm getting at.
Yeah, it has some offensive use.

And yeah, you're thinking of Smash 64 Kirby's recovery. Now THAT THING was AWESOME!!! Kirby in Smash 64 is so fun.

Man, I got a serious hard on for Smash 64 right now. I'mma gonna go watch some Smash 64 matches now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's more of a coping mechanism for people with some variation of OCD, don't you think? It's as though people can't stomach the idea of Mario or Zelda not getting more characters than a lesser-selling series with superior characters to offer, so they throw in filler characters from those series just to satisfy those compulsions, or alternatively, leave out the superior ones to begin with.
Because some people think that apparently including stuff people wouldn't know about is a sin against humanity and if it ever does happen World War III would happen. Which is funny because we should be at World War XXIX by now.

Espio264

Smash Ace
No it will be Pit and Samus lodged in a giant cheese wheel.
Oh yes, from Takamaru's Crazy Giant Cheese Wheel Castle Adventure. That makes so much sense. New stage, and teasing us with possible retro characters, that's Sakurai for ya.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Whatever. Either way, we're both dumb ***** for thinking we know anything about how this game'll actually play out.

Tomorrow he'll confirm mutant Zelda/Pichu hybrid and N64 controller plug-ins.
That would be the most interesting Pokémon shovel ware since the Pokémon Machamp shovel hole digging challenge!!! :laugh: :chuckle: :rotfl:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
But if we do get a newcomer this month, it is very likely to be Mii or Pac-Man.
Because releases.
Although I don't really think we'll be getting any more newcomers until the end of the year.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The developers are holding him and the Ice Climbers for last the last I heard, as well as maybe Olimar. Apparently his neutral B is holding him back until a later date. From what I also hear from reliable sources, he might be the best character in Project M, because he's essentially Smash 64 Kirby! :psycho:

Yeah, it has some offensive use.

And yeah, you're thinking of Smash 64 Kirby's recovery. Now THAT THING was AWESOME!!! Kirby in Smash 64 is so fun.

Man, I got a serious hard on for Smash 64 right now. I'mma gonna go watch some Smash 64 matches now.
Knowing kirby as much as I do, 64 kirby fighting style, melee esque speeds and technicality.

The possibilities of pure ownage are endless!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh yes, from Takamaru's Crazy Giant Cheese Wheel Castle Adventure. That makes so much sense. New stage, and teasing us with possible retro characters, that's Sakurai for ya.
You mean Super Ultra Mega Hyper Takamaru's Crazy Giant Cheese Wheel Castle Adventure Super Weenie Hut Jr. Turbo Championship Edition HD Collection Battle Royale Bros. & Knuckles

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So now everyone wants no cuts, I still am predicting there will be a few cuts happening. At least 3 cuts will be happening.
Lucario because, it's still at 4 Pokemon reps.
Ike because I think Chrom is happening, but Anna is pretty much the my darkhorse I'm predicting, of course Ike could still be in the roster. But it's a personal bet.
Snake because, I wanted the roster to be low of third parties so I could get popular choices like (Finally) K. Rool.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

I don't believe in that, but my OCD makes me keep the Big Three at equal amounts of slots. But the characters I do add, IMO, deserve it and are the next best reps.

Though I can see it be very plausible that we can move up slots, have more Pokemon characters than any franchise, etc.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Because some people think that apparently including stuff people wouldn't know about is a sin against humanity and if it ever does happen World War III would happen. Which is funny because we should be at World War XXIX by now.
Most rosters only include characters people like.

Personally, I'm not big on Zelda as a character (well, sans Toon Zelda) because she's stale and does nothing, and I'm not big on the Ice Climbers (guess what! WE DO NOTHING!) as characters either, but man, as playable characters, they got so much potential, and the roster is always better for having them as playable characters.

Espio264

Smash Ace
You mean Super Ultra Mega Hyper Takamaru's Crazy Giant Cheese Wheel Castle Adventure Super Weenie Hut Jr. Turbo Championship Edition HD Collection Battle Royale Bros. & Knuckles
It really was a beautiful piece of Nintendo history. Sakurai would be a fool not to include Takamaru, or at the very least one of the Weenie Hut Jr. Bros.

and Knuckles.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
well look on the bright side, even though some like, blue pikmin's rosters are . . . . . interesting. It helps make this thread not so predictable and/or boring.
if everybody had the same roster all the time most of would probably be sitting at our computers looking like this

Edit: finaly figured out how to do spoilers :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom