• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
An attempt at a joke for this pic-

Pikachus have learned to implant newborn Pikachus in robots and they have been confirmed to be born in a similar manner to Xenomorphs.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd prefer Nintendo vs SEGA. Lots of more characters I could relate to there.
Pit vs Nights, Little Mac vs Akira Yuki, Samus vs Vectorman, Kirby vs Ristar, Donkey Kong vs Alex Kidd, Link vs Joe Musashi, etc. :3

It's literally one of the only games I'd overpay to have in my posession.

(And perhaps then SEGA could strike a deal with Gamefreak to have Pulseman in the game as a hidden character)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
>Sakurai calls Mega Man a robot
>>Doesn't realize he's actually a cyborg
>>>One of Mega Man's nickname is "The Fighting Robot"
>>>>Logic is dead.
>>>>>OH HAI MARK!!!

Also, this video sums up every discussion here ever...
But Mega Man isn't a cyborg. He's a legit robot.
Anyways...

Holy......

(Yes, I'm in an Aku gif mood tonight)
That isn't even half of the surprising Pokémon information.

(CONTAINS STORY SPOILERS FOR X AND Y)
So with this in mind, perhaps something to correspond the announcement of these new regions? I mean, why else would Game Freak be so hush hush with Pokémon info?

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
So with this in mind, perhaps something to correspond the announcement of these new regions? I mean, why else would Game Freak be so hush hush with Pokémon info?
That actually makes a lot of sense. It would be so awesome to have another region with new Pokémon in the same generation.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would love to see Nintendo vs. Sega... just as long as it is not Nintendo characters vs. Sonic characters. There are a lot of pretty awesome Sega characters from the Genesis days... I have a lot of Genesis games in my Wii Virtual Console library... I would like to see Shion and Asha from Wonder Boy/Monster World series, Gilius Thunderhead from Golden Axe games (even though the games felt too sluggish compared to Streets of Rage and Final Fight), Ristar, and Streets of Rage characters such as Blaze and Roo.

As for Nintendo vs. Capcom... I would love to have Amaterasu from Okami (maybe Chibiterasu from Okamiden as a semi-clone like Link and Toon Link), Arthur and Firebrand from Ghosts 'n Goblins / Gargoyle's Quest games, Final Fight trio (Mike Haggar, Cody, Guy), Breath of Fire characters (Ryu, Nina, Bleu, etc.), and of course Mega Man characters like Classic Mega Man, Mega Man X, and Bad Box Art Mega Man :troll:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
To be honest, it sounds reasonable, but a bit circumstantial. Granted, having a new region will definitely come up sooner or later, but the entire theory mostly hinges on that one line in the guidebook and I can't say I can put everything on just that. Now, ignoring that the guidebook has been misleading at times, it's just as easily possible that it's referring to remakes and the like, which would count in the same vein as Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kanto, etc. would be another region to trade with (and I think RSE did something similar in theirs, but maybe I'm thinking of something else). Hoenn in particular is known for introducing the expanded berry selection so that's definitely a possibility to consider. Now for the guy, yeah, as he said they've done that before where they had hints to another region but it didn't necessarily mean that we'd see it soon enough. It could just as easily be something that they tease us with and then decide to hold off for a while.

As for GF being hush hush, it's GF, Sakurai has gone on record to say that they're extremely hard to work with and this is probably no different whatever the reason. It could be that they're hiding details on the new game, but the thing that makes me doubt that is why not show characters that wouldn't spoil anything in that case? It's not like Jiggypuff or PT are probably going to get too many updates and it could be easy to hide if they wanted, so I'm leaning more towards GF being stubborn rather then hiding something more to it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
WOAH WOAH WOAH.

Somebody explain the quote that Hoots posted. I'm not understanding.

So, Sakurai has a Pokemon character ready to announce, but Game Freak isn't allowing it? Am I understanding this correctly? Why?

Unless they have another Pokemon announcement coming soon. I'd like to think it's Mewtwo, but...why wouldn't they let Sakurai reveal any of them at this point? They would all do well for marketing... :urg:

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
WOAH WOAH WOAH.

So, Sakurai has a Pokemon character ready to announce, but Game Freak isn't allowing it? Am I understanding this correctly? Why?

Unless they have another Pokemon announcement coming soon. I'd like to think it's Mewtwo, but...why wouldn't they let Sakurai reveal any of them at this point? They would all do well for marketing... :urg:
Yeah, that doesn't really make sense to me.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
But isn't a new region with new Pokemon what makes a new generation?
If a new region is announced for 3ds it would basically be what B/W was to D/P.
A new generation, but for the Sam system as the last.

Maybe GF could add N64 logo as a new Pokémon!:troll:

And I'm willing to put money on the fact that Missingno will eventually become a full, official pokemon.
You can find him hidden in x and y.

I would love to see Nintendo vs. Sega... just as long as it is not Nintendo characters vs. Sonic characters. There are a lot of pretty awesome Sega characters from the Genesis days... I have a lot of Genesis games in my Wii Virtual Console library... I would like to see Shion and Asha from Wonder Boy/Monster World series, Gilius Thunderhead from Golden Axe games (even though the games felt too sluggish compared to Streets of Rage and Final Fight), Ristar, and Streets of Rage characters such as Blaze and Roo.

As for Nintendo vs. Capcom... I would love to have Amaterasu from Okami (maybe Chibiterasu from Okamiden as a semi-clone like Link and Toon Link), Arthur and Firebrand from Ghosts 'n Goblins / Gargoyle's Quest games, Final Fight trio (Mike Haggar, Cody, Guy), Breath of Fire characters (Ryu, Nina, Bleu, etc.), and of course Mega Man characters like Classic Mega Man, Mega Man X, and Bad Box Art Mega Man :troll:
Don't forget Mega Man Starforce!:troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe Pokemon Company doesn't want Sakurai to cause butthurt among fans by revealing a brand-new Pokemon character because it would be detrimental to the popular "all Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo only" Pokemon roster just yet. :troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Maybe Pokemon Company doesn't want Sakurai to cause butthurt among fans by revealing a brand-new Pokemon character because it would be detrimental to the popular "all Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo only" Pokemon roster just yet. :troll:
I really want Mewtwo back, because I feel like it makes complete sense, however I'm not completely against a brand new Pokemon character taking that spot.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
What if that Xerneas picture, means that Xerneas and Yveltal will be transforming characters like Zelda and Sheik.
But they will be shrinked down to a smaller size, and Yveltal would be like Ridley.

Your reaction if Nurse Joy becomes a playable character?
I would sing Jontron's version of I will always love you,
But about Sakurai.

EDIT: She would make a cool healing assist though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I actually wouldn't mind a brand new Pokemon character. Especially if it's Zoroark or Meowth. :)

I still want Mewtwo as well though.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
WOAH WOAH WOAH.

It sounds like the Pokémon Company/Game Freak might have asked him to hold back information, perhaps to promote something else.
I think they're saving whatever that announcement was supposed to be (a character or a stage likely) for a spin-off game promotion probably, and if not, a Z version (or whatever the next version are) revealed.

You know, judging by the X & Y content we're bound to get, I think we'll get an X & Y stage, as well as a Black & White stage, a Black & White 2 stage, and a Heart Gold/Soul Silver stage. Oh, and of course a Pokémon Stadium stage (hopefully with less annoying transformations than Pokémon Stadium 2, although I loved the ground transformation; if that ground transformation was its' own stage, that would be legit).

spacer`1

Smash Rookie
If there was to be another pokemon in, I'd definitely want Scyther to be a thing. No grabs for a tradeoff of insane speed, jigz/kirby jump, and marth-like reach and combos. Sort of like if you mixed Fox and Marth.

Otherwise I'd like to see Samurai Goroh from F-Zero.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It sounds like the Pokémon Company/Game Freak might have asked him to hold back information, perhaps to promote something else.

I think they're saving whatever that announcement was supposed to be (a character or a stage likely) for a spin-off game promotion probably, and if not, a Z version (or whatever the next version are) reveal.

You know, judging by the X & Y content we're bound to get, I think we'll get an X & Y stage, as well as a Black & White stage, a Black & White 2 stage, and a Heart Gold/Soul Silver stage. Oh, and of course a Pokémon Stadium stage (hopefully with less annoying transformations than Pokémon Stadium 2, although I loved the ground transformation; if that ground transformation was its' own stage, that would be legit).
We'll remember, there is that pikachu face mimicking game coming out.
*shutter* oh god, that haunts my dreams.
image.jpg

That guy looks like frickin Voldemort.
WHAT GENRE OF GAMING IS THIS NIGHTMARE FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

I think they're saving whatever that announcement was supposed to be (a character or a stage likely) for a spin-off game promotion probably, and if not, a Z version (or whatever the next version are) reveal.

Interesting. So if that is the case, my bet is on a character reveal because of the attention that gets as opposed to anything else.

By this logic then, what character could that possibly be? Logic would dictate that if there is a third iteration for this generation, it would be Z, with Zygarde as the Legendary Mascot. Unless of course Mewtwo plays a bigger role in that or something. A Mystery Dungeon game hardly shouts "big promotion" for Game Freak as far as i'm concerned.

There is the off chance that they do another "X2 and Y2" deal, or maybe even what Marriland suggested. It's tough to tell. I just can't see what could possibly make them hold back information at this point. In regards to Pokemon, what could possibly be bigger than the release of the latest versions?

As far as content goes, my guess is a Pokemon Stadium 3, a stage from either Black/White or Black 2/White 2 (I would think having one from both would be redundant) and MAYBE a Heart Gold/Soul Silver stage, however that is debatable to me.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What in the world?? Why would Gamefreak hold a Pokemon reveal back?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Actually. Hold on a sec. Maybe it's for this?

It's completely plausible. We know it isn't fake, and the fact that it has a Smash veteran makes it seem that much more relevant to Smash Bros. It's all speculation, but it would make complete sense.

Double post, but on a side note, I really hope Smash has this music on a Pokemon Stage

D

Deleted member

There are three currently unaccounted for Pokémon with names that you can legitimately request for in Wonder Trade.
Perhaps the reason nothing can be revealed yet for Smash is....one of those Pokémon is the Newcomer? :troll:

Or maybe, Mewtwo is in, but neither his X Mega or Y Mega, but a currently undisclosed Z Mega. :troll:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Considering that X and Y JUST CAME OUT, I would honestly hope SM4SH comes out before any Z version does. If we don't get any Pokemon roster additions in the next 6 months, veteran or otherwise, then something is very wrong.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Actually. Hold on a sec. Maybe it's for this?

It's completely plausible. We know it isn't fake, and the fact that it has a Smash veteran makes it seem that much more relevant to Smash Bros. It's all speculation, but it would make complete sense.

It's definitely a good possibility, if it is something of importance to GF then the perfect way to promote its announcement would be to use Smash Bros. to do it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It's definitely a good possibility, if it is something of importance to GF then the perfect way to promote its announcement would be to use Smash Bros. to do it.
Your reaction: this is actually a screenshot from the new smash bros game.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Man, after reading Xenoblaze's and Golden's posts on the last page, I'm cracking up. Man you guys are killing it tonight!!!

How many times do you see an Agility blocked in top level play with Pikachu=???
You DO realize Agility is slower and shorter than Quick Attack, doesn't deal any sort of damage to the opponent, and in fact damages Pichu every time he uses the move?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Maybe will be a new Pokemon Stadium for WiiU and they want to reveal it in the next E3? And I will make my speculation here, how about a Pokemon Stadium where you control the Pokemon and Fight with it as much like a Tales fighting system, that would be godlike.
.n_n.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I always want a new console Pokemon game, I hope Miror B. is back if it ever happens.
if so I hope they take the concept of battle revolution and mix it with the colosseum games, and fix the lag of the online battles of battle revolution, that way we'll probably have the perfect Pokémon console game that way (in my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom