• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
The main character of the popular Brain Age is only Dr. Kawashima. Those other guys you mentioned are pretty irrelavent in their respective franchises.
Andross is irrelevant? I thought he was the most significant villain, he kind of sets up the entire plot of Star Fox 64... which I assume is the entry that made Star Fox popular.

D

Deleted member

Hey! I just found a pattern! If you look closely, every couple of pages, YOU BE A COMPLETE JERK AND STEP ON EVERY IDEA THAT IS NOT COMPLETELY NORMAL!!!!
THIS ISNT EVEN ON TOPIC TODAY!!!

EVERYONE WHO WANTS THIS GUY TO STOP TALKING SAY AYE!
I found a pattern.
Every time you post, cancer is spread among us all.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It... wasn't. In Black/White Team Plasma was PETA in Pokémon form, B2W2 they were just plain terrorists.

And honestly, why wouldn't they be back? It's like in Gold/Silver where Team Rocket is in the region next door, so why not bring them back and expand on them?
But at least Gold/Silver took place in a new region with new gym leaders, new members of the team, new pokemon, new everything's
BW2 is just the same as BW. I thought White was Ok, but White 2 was too much rehash

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
But at least Gold/Silver took place in a new region with new gym leaders, new members of the team, new pokemon, new everything's
BW2 is just the same as BW. I thought White was Ok, but White 2 was too much rehash
Black and White 2 should have never happened.

It should have been Pokemon Grey.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
B2W2 was an expansion in the same vein of Platinum and Emerald, what did you expect? At the very least it tried to continue the story rather then repeat it with new tricks.

Also, I don't see the rehash, White was all about differing Ideals, White 2 the Team was just trying to get their way and they didn't give a crap.

Black and White 2 should have never happened.

It should have been Pokemon Grey.
I have to disagree, I don't see the benefit there. How do you take two diverging games in not only storyline, but mechanics and areas, and combine them? It's not possible without splitting it into two and the creators even stated as much since they considered two Greys.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Even Retro studios knows that Tingle is disliked in America.
Alright, so here's my Pitch to NoA.
An FPS where Tingle has to team up with Abraham Lincoln to fight evil vegetable monsters in Washington DC while flying around in giant mechs! Golden double bacon cheeseburgers, Golden Hot Wings, and golden Waffle Fries will be power ups.

I'm pretty sure this game would appeal to American Gamers.

D

Deleted member

This is all based on empirical data, there is nothing absolute about it. That is the subjective nature of speculation. I have already told you, the only reason I responded was because you made the objective statement about the pattern (or as you would put it, lack of a pattern). That is all, I do believe that the retro pattern has slightly more validity than the straw man fallacy you are throwing my way.
No, you responded after my statement in regards to questioning why people still hold on to patterns when Sakurai has repeatedly been going against the supposed "patterns" left and right over the past couple of months.

It wasn't until you brought up the fallacious pattern that I stated there was no pattern to begin with. So the "only reason I responded to you" nonsense is moot.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
We're never gonna have reasonable discussions in this thread without insults are we?

the day that happens is the day i say I love chrom, chrom for smash 4.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
B2W2 was an expansion in the same vein of Platinum and Emerald, what did you expect? At the very least it tried to continue the story rather then repeat it with new tricks.

Also, I don't see the rehash, White was all about differing Ideals, White 2 the Team was just trying to get their way and they didn't give a crap.
Pokémon games shouldn't have a gigantic story epic!
It is an expansion to a story that was too big already.

Morbi

Scavenger
No, you responded after my statement in regards to questioning why people still hold on to patterns when Sakurai has repeatedly been going against the supposed "patterns" left and right over the past couple of months.

It wasn't until you brought up the fallacious pattern that I stated there was no pattern to begin with. So the "only reason I responded to you" nonsense is moot.
How can a pattern be fallacious? Please elaborate on that? There is no rational perspective that can justify what you just said. Secondly, go back, I only responded to you after you said there was no pattern. I don't need to edit my posts to get rid of logical fallacies. You tried to edit almost every post while I was responding. That is hilarious, I can't even take you seriously.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Pokémon games shouldn't have a gigantic story epic!
It is an expansion to a story that was too big already.
Then that comes down to opinion, Pokémon is a game that can benefit from a good story IMO and the Gen 5 games did that well for me.

Having said that, I do disagree with your criticism on White 2 because it doesn't seem to fit with what the games did. The games weren't a rehash (at least no more then the other third versions) in terms of story or otherwise, rather instead trying to continue what White was doing beforehand. So I can't say I understand the criticism, I can understand if you don't want a story-driven Pokémon game, but to say White 2 was a rehash isn't true.

We're never gonna have reasonable discussions in this thread without insults are we?
That day will happen when Capcom treats Breath of Fire with respect.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
To be honest I wouldn't mind Tingle being in Smash, but this could be a major risk given how disliked he is in America, to my knowledge at least. Perhaps Sakurai could overlook this, but if Tingle truly is as hated in America as I've heard, it might be a bad idea. Reception of the game may wind up worse than Brawl's (or at least when the final roster was first revealed), assuming Tingle gets in and most of the more popular choices do not. That being said I highly expect at least a few of the highly popular (and good for that matter) choices to get in. (Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena, Little Mac or Mewtwo. I'm expecting only a few of them to get in, but I'd be very happy if they all did) though to be honest I actually wouldn't be too shocked if Tingle got in as well. There would still very likely be hate and angry coming from a good amount of fans if Tingle was included.

Morbi

Scavenger
To be honest I wouldn't mind Tingle being in Smash, but this could be a major risk given how disliked he is in America, to my knowledge at least. Perhaps Sakurai could overlook this, but if Tingle truly is as hated in America as I've heard, it might be a bad idea. Reception of the game may wind up worse than Brawl's (or at least when the final roster was first revealed), assuming Tingle gets in and most of the more popular choices do not. That being said I highly expect at least a few of the highly popular (and good for that matter) choices to get in. (Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena, Little Mac or Mewtwo. I'm expecting only a few of them to get in, but I'd be very happy if they all did) though to be honest I actually wouldn't be too shocked if Tingle got in as well. There would still very likely be hate and angry coming from a good amount of fans if Tingle was included.
The only reason my sister hates him is because he over-charges for his maps. I actually love the adorable little pedophile.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So what the hell you guys talking about?
Were talking about how we love lucario's hugs.
Actually we're talking about how patterns don't exist for retros. (so basically, a whole lotta nothin')

^Made me laugh :p

Below me: AWW YUS we got the KOF special.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The Pyro says otherwise-

"The Pyro joins the heated battle!"
But look at his feet! There are too disproportionate for his body to play good in smash!
Only talking facts here.

Well, I'm going to go
Hasta La vista El señor Jigglypùff,
Y tu SaturnoGamer Siesenti-Cuatro!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Jigglypuff no hablo Espanol. See you around!
Technically not "see". But when I picture you in my head you are Vin Deisel. And you have a really deep voice.
I picture SaturnGamer as Luigi
Blue Pikmin as Anna from Fire Emblem.
And Hotfeet as any big breasted anime woman.
Profile pictures say a lot.

Gune

Smash Lord

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
ive met WAY more people who are just indifferent to Tingle as opposed to actually hating him. I think ppl overestimate this hate base of his personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom