• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Wat about Pichu.
While he himself is unlikely, I'd like to see a character that serves as a spiritual successor of him; as in, a glass cannon that is brutally strong but damages itself.

If we can't even get that, might as well transfer the physics of his standard moves (perhaps sans the self-damaging factor) to a newcomer (with revamped animations, that is). Though I expect some to disagree, I'd say Meowth could be a great choice for that (I imagine his Usmash being a Genocide Cutter due to how awesome it was in Melee).

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So we want Melee Mewtwo and Melee Pikachu! Watch when we get Femtwo, that would be so troll-worthy. People should be careful what they wish for! :colorful:
I would laugh, but i think mega's will be a final smash.
Too bad Pkmn trainer won't get mega's.... will probably stick to triple finish.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
According to Wiki:

It may be any retro character, what Sakurai sees as the most deserving of a revival or unique mechanic. IMO, Prince Sable fits in both of those categories.
ur not using the entirety of the quote. the whole quote says "Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Konami's Castlevania were also released for the FDS in the same year, but Nazo no Murasame-jō failed to achieve the same sort of commercial success." which no duh, those are some of the most successful games on the Famicom.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I would laugh, but i think mega's will be a final smash.
Too bad Pkmn trainer won't get mega's.... will probably stick to triple finish.
Seems like that would happen. If Lucario returns, I could see him retaining his FS from brawl, the only difference being going Mega before blasting people.

Mewtwo will probably have something to do with its mega form. I couldnt see it being anything else.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Does it truly have any high popularity, just curious.
I would like a source also.
eh its more of a hidden gem as opposed to a best seller. similar in the vein of Kid Icarus, it was heavily overshadowed by its sister series. plus throw in the fact that the year it came out was a huge year for the Famicom, it was swept under the rug. but it did have relative popularity. receiving a few ports, a short lived tv drama, Samurai Warriors appearance as well as a place in Captain Rainbow. and obviously Nintendoland. Takamaru's definitely made more rounds than Sable has that's for sure.

here's the image of the actors from the show

Morbi

Scavenger
The only reason I think Takamaru is even considered is because everyone "predicts" him (probably based on an out of context quote of Sakurai's). I doubt he would get a second glance if everybody didn't think he was the most likely retro representative (for whatever arbitrary reason). Japanese exclusive character that the East doesn't even want. That is pathetic. We are so politically incorrect that we (in the West) assume that Japan wants Takamaru. How is this a rational basis? I am not sure, we don't even have empirical data to support that notion.

Takamaru and Shulk, the two characters that I have no idea why everyone associates them as likely candidates. Well, on second thought, I can understand Shulk.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mr. Resetti > Muddy Mole
I think Mach Rider would have a similar moveset to Captain Falcon, I don't think he brings anything real new. Plus, Mach Rider would have to have been very popularly requested for Sakurai to consider.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
eh its more of a hidden gem as opposed to a best seller. similar in the vein of Kid Icarus, it was heavily overshadowed by its sister series. plus throw in the fact that the year it came out was a huge year for the Famicom, it was swept under the rug. but it did have relative popularity. receiving a few ports, a short lived tv drama, Samurai Warriors appearance as well as a place in Captain Rainbow. and obviously Nintendoland. Takamaru's definitely made more rounds than Sable has that's for sure.

here's the image of the actors from the show

They are ugly.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Mr. Resetti > Muddy Mole
I think Mach Rider would have a similar moveset to Captain Falcon, I don't think he brings anything real new.
ive never played Animal Crossing so I really couldn't care less about Resetti. nor do I think his moveset would be as well written. as far as Mach Rider is concerned, I can easily see a unique moveset created. but im not Sakurai, or am I, So hey who know's really?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
ive never played Animal Crossing so I really couldn't care less about Resetti. nor do I think his moveset would be as well written. as far as Mach Rider is concerned, I can easily see a unique moveset created. but im not Sakurai, or am I, So hey who know's really?
Mr. Resetti is a really amusing character, the thing that made him famous was his long conversations when press the reset button.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Eh most people assume takamaru because of the nintendoland game he was in, plus xenoblade is one of the best wii games out there, if not The best, plus X is coming out so I don't know why he wouldn't be likely.

As for the retros they all suck, sorry that's just how i feel (there isn't a character on the current retro list that is refreshing like rob, game and watch or ice climbers imo), expect for sukapon maybe... but he's a fighter tho, so the best choice would be takamaru, he'd have a Mitsurugi/silver samurai type feel to him, i can see namco taking liking to him. (and Lol at whoever said chrom or luicina would have mitsurugi's style....)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Mr. Resetti > Muddy Mole
I think Mach Rider would have a similar moveset to Captain Falcon, I don't think he brings anything real new. Plus, Mach Rider would have to have been very popularly requested for Sakurai to consider.
Do you think it's justifiable to have at least 2 Japense retros?
I think it's OK, as long as it doesn't go over the 3 character limit.
No. One retro this time, just like every other time.
No. Muddy Mole is so much better. Plus he has bombs. Does Resetti have bombs?
Plus, I made a really cool moveset for Mach Rider where he never leaves his motorcycle. That would be interesting, don't you think?
Also, Sakurai even said that Mach Rider was his favorite character idea back in Melee.
While we're on the topic, my top retros are Takamaru, Mach Rider, Muddy Mole, Duck Hunt Dog, and Diskun.
Not in that order.

Edit: Sukapon is awesome too.

Morbi

Scavenger
Eh most people assume takamaru because of the nintendoland game he was in, plus xenoblade is one of the best wii games out there, if not The best, plus X is coming out so I don't know why he wouldn't be likely.

As for the retros they all suck, sorry that's just how i feel, expect for sukapon maybe... but he's a fighter tho, so the best choice would be takamaru, he'd have a Mitsurugi/silver samurai type feel to him, i can see namco taking liking to him. (and Lol at whoever said chrom or luicina would have mitsurugi's style....)
Mitsurugi is my main, so I wouldn't mind that at all. I agree with you, I think most retro characters suck. I am still not too fond of Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, or ROB. Sadly, they are inevitable.

Morbi

Scavenger
To be fair, this could be interpreted a lot of different ways. By old, he could be referring to veteran characters, but with the question asked before, that's probably not the case.
This is true; however, the implications of the statement are fairly overt. It isn't necessarily evidence, we can use precedence for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom