• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
And he's just an icon that can't move. King K. Rool is too scaley. Ninten is too Ness. Lucario is too Mewtwo. Sheik is too irrelevant. Ganondorf is too cloney. THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!!!
HOW DARE YOU MAKE A TOO DAMN HIGH JOKE IN MY PRESENCSE! THATS MY THING!

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
They're both characters that have begun to rival Impa and Anthony Higgs in terms of becoming objects of ridicule due to their praises being incessantly sung by single individuals as a result of the assumption that, because Sakurai saw value in Wii Fit Trainer as the token shock character, he's going to go out of his way to load the roster up with shock characters regardless of their merit, choosing them solely because they're shocking and then inventing an unfitting hodge-podge of attacks to tack on after the fact.
Well is not that I like the idea of the Dr. Flying Head but he did get some votes on the list that you posted about the characters in Brawl and he even got two votes, lets not forget that even the series has become stronger and with more following so I don´t think is out of context even if is a ludicrous idea (the same can be said about Mr. G&W, R.O.B. and even Captain Falcon that didn´t even have moveset from where to get moves).
.n_n.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
And yet I can't seem to make the Wrestler from Rhythm Heaven an object of ridicule let alone an object at all.

WHY HAVE I BEEN FORSAKEN?!?
Not having played the game, is he important enough within the context of the game to merit inclusion over Karate Joe (who I've seen suggested a few times), or is he just the more awesome alternative (the Hades to Joe's Palutena, so to speak)?

EDIT: Yeah, Kawashima's on the list, and that's a strong rational reason to consider the guy; it's the constant talk about how he's so obvious because "Sakurai is looking for casual reps" that make me annoyed with the character by extension.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I completely see Diskun as a viable character, I just don't like the idea of him for reasons I don't even understand. I don't want to hate him, I just do. It's like BK Nuts and Bolts.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Am I the only one that thinks Diskun is a ****ing ******** idea?
Nope.
Nah, I know, I was being overdramatic.
I just love that unlockable feeling.
Eh, well it's not like the whole idea of "unlocking" a character is much different from learning them.

After all, "earning" said characters is rather easy, especially in Brawl Camping World.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I completely see Diskun as a viable character, I just don't like the idea of him for reasons I don't even understand. I don't want to hate him, I just do. It's like BK Nuts and Bolts.
And that is totally understandable and respectable. Anyway, who would you like to see as an obscure retro?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I was just thinking to myself when I realized, WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOYT FREAKING DISKUN!!!!
WE ARE SITTING HERE WASTING OUR PRECIOUS LIVES TALKING ABOUT A CHAACTER THAT WONT EVEN BE IN A GAME!!!
TALK ABOUT SOMETHING RELEVENT!
PREDICT SOMETHING LIKELY!
GO OUTSIDE FOR ONCE!

image.jpg

IM DONE!
ILL SEE ALL OF YOU NEXT YEAR WHEN THE GAME IS ACTUALLY RELEASED!
UNLESS ITS FREAKING DELAYED TO 2017!!!!!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
And that is totally understandable and respectable. Anyway, who would you like to see as an obscure retro?
N64 logo, and I'm not kidding.
I grew up with the N64, (I never got a GameCube) and I literally played that until I got a Wii in 2009.
I know it's really obscure, but I just like it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Mega
I just spent like 5 hours playing Batman: Arkham Aslyum after buying it on a Steam sale for dirt cheap. That game and its' sequel are the best Zelda-esk games since at least Okami, if not the Wind Waker (seeing as how Zelda can't do much right in recent years).
Ice Climbers never had ice powers before in the NES game. They only had the hammer.
Nope, they could shoot ice (like their neutral B).

They were, however, not partners. Player 1 was the blue Ice Climber, and Player 2 was the pink Ice Climber, and they gradually became known as Popo and Nana, much like Mario and Luigi (except Ice Climber sucks, whereas Mario Bros. is a classic arcade game).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
N64 logo, and I'm not kidding.
I grew up with the N64, (I never got a GameCube) and I literally played that until I got a Wii in 2009.
I know it's really obscure, but I just like it.
If there is anything better than Nintendo 64 I have not seen it.
maybe 3DS...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Man, this thread gets crazy every time Diskun is brought up... Diskun must have downloaded a computer virus.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If there is anything better than Nintendo 64 I have not seen it.
maybe 3DS...
I'm the Banjo Kazooie Intro, it walks onto the screen using the bottom of the Ns as legs. And it looks around. I started making a moveset for it on the support thread in my Sig.

EDIT: The 3ds also seems to be trying to revive N64 classics, Ocarina, Starfox, and probably Majora's Mask.
So it shows Nintendo is thinking about the N64 is it didn't just fade away.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'm the Banjo Kazooie Intro, it walks onto the screen using the bottom of the Ns as legs. And it looks around. I started making a moveset for it on the support thread in my Sig.
But every game that had the N64 logo moving (Banjo Kazooie, Conker, DK64) were RARE games. Deconfirmed due to copyright. :troll:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
N64 Logo can't be in Smash. He was never seen in a game after Conker sliced him in two with a chain saw. :troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Super Nintendo > NES > GameCube > N64 > Wii > Wii U in terms of original games, non-ports, and no backwards/sideways/upside down compatibility.

If we're including all that though, then Wii U > Wii > Super Nintendo > NES > GameCube > N64.

In other words, SUPER NINTENDO LOGO (or Wii U logo) FOR SMASH FOUR!!!!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
But every game that had the N64 logo moving (Banjo Kazooie, Conker, DK64) were RARE games. Deconfirmed due to copyright. :troll:
I just wanna say that the modern Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and King K Rool are all made by Rare.
Fun Fact, when Microsoft bought Rare, they thought they bought DK, which was one of the main reasons they bought Rare in the first place.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I just wanna say that the modern Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and King K Rool are all made by Rare.
Fun Fact, when Microsoft bought Rare, they thought they bought DK, which was one of the main reasons they bought Rare in the first place.
hey if they did then things would have probably worked a lot differently for Rare. glad they didn't though

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yo SEGA Saturn, I'm really happy for you, and I'mma gonna let you finish, but the Atari Jaguar is the best possibly 3rd party console logo that could be a playable character of all-time!!!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Super Nintendo > NES > GameCube > N64 > Wii > Wii U in terms of original games, non-ports, and no backwards/sideways/upside down compatibility.

If we're including all that though, then Wii U > Wii > Super Nintendo > NES > GameCube > N64.

In other words, SUPER NINTENDO LOGO (or Wii U logo) FOR SMASH FOUR!!!!
I think the N64 had more GOOD original games then the NES. But that is true about the Snes.

Also I just realized, G&W is from the early nintedo Gaming industries, ROb is from the NES days, so logically, we should have an obscure SNES next, unless Ness counts as a SNES character, or was the SNES too recent at that time.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I think the N64 had more GOOD original games then the NES. But that is true about the Snes.

Also I just realized, G&W is from the early nintedo Gaming industries, ROb is from the NES days, so logically, we should have an obscure SNES next, unless Ness counts as a SNES character, or was the SNES too recent at that time.
yeah at the time Smash 64 was made the SNES was still on the market. hell I think in Japan it ran till like 2003 so really Ness wasn't considered a retro character imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom