• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Is Duck Hunt Dog a hardware character?
I always imagined him as a plain old retro like Ice Climbers or Pit.
His NES game uses the NES Zapper Light Gun peripheral. I like to imagine that his moveset would involve the Zapper and his playstyle would involve lots of shooting. The laughing dog is trigger-happy. :troll:

Seriously though, Duck Hunt is probably the most famous NES Zapper game compared to Wild Gunman and Hogan's Alley.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
His NES game uses the NES Zapper Light Gun peripheral. I like to imagine that his moveset would involve the Zapper and his playstyle would involve lots of shooting. The laughing dog is trigger-happy. :troll:

Seriously though, Duck Hunt is probably the most famous NES Zapper game compared to Wild Gunman and Hogan's Alley.
But, Duck Hunt Dog never actually did those things. Thus Sakurai is unable to make him do those things :troll:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Takamaru is a fine choice and would be a Retro Rep, but the characters that I did mention have strong connections to Peripherals, Systems or Forgotten Accessories, that are attached in some way or form to Nintendo or Nintendo Console.
.n_n.
N64 logo FTW!!!!!

CalumG

Smash Lord
Oh hey guise I'm back after a month or so hiatu---

> Chrom discussion
> BluePikmin suggesting silly characters
> Duck Hunt Dog

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Then you will not learn about your failures and will be destined to trip over with the same rock all your life ;).
.n_n.
Yeah, whatever you sa- *trips over a rock* Ouch.

Well, anyway, see y- *trips over the same rock* Augh!

Ok, you've got your point, I'm le- *trips over the same rock again* GODDAMMIT!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don't know why, but I sense the next great Nintendo Fanbase Split.
I think it has too do with Smash Bros.
Maybe someone will get in and the whole fanbase will split.
I don't know whys I just sense it.

Maybe it will have to do with Goku.
Oh god :troll:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I like Diskun too.
But I have to go, so you're KINDA on your own.
I know Sakurai likes to pick obscure characters, but I doubt he will go as obscure as Diskun.
And definitely not as obscure as Mr. Hanafuda.
While N64 is obviously the best choice, he has a little popularity and a little obscurity. :troll:
SUPPORT N64!!!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The classic japanese, cute mascot of a successful Nintendo Console that can use abilities from Famicom games makes as much sense as the floating head of a real person?
They're both characters that have begun to rival Impa and Anthony Higgs in terms of becoming objects of ridicule due to their praises being incessantly sung by single individuals as a result of the assumption that, because Sakurai saw value in Wii Fit Trainer as the token shock character, he's going to go out of his way to load the roster up with shock characters regardless of their merit, choosing them solely because they're shocking and then inventing an unfitting hodge-podge of attacks to tack on after the fact.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
D

Deleted member

And yet I can't seem to make the Wrestler from Rhythm Heaven an object of ridicule let alone an object at all.

WHY HAVE I BEEN FORSAKEN?!?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I know Sakurai likes to pick obscure characters, but I doubt he will go as obscure as Diskun.
!
Keep in mind that Sakurai lives in Japan. So over there he's probably about as obscure as Mach Rider.

Really? THIS is what you bring up?
Stop judging me!!!! I just don't wanna argue with people who think Diskun is just a logo! :cry:

because Sakurai saw value in Wii Fit Trainer as the token shock character, he's going to go out of his way to load the roster up with shock characters regardless of their merit,
When did this become about shock characters? That's not even a category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom