• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If we get Stan Marsh, I imagine we'd get Kyle Brofloski as an unlockable clone. Maybe Eric Cartman as a Wolf-type clone.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Let's go back to repeating when characters will be revealed and what Pokemon we caught yesterday.
I caught a Protean Frogadier earlier, if that's close enough. Turning into the type of move it's about to use is a really cool ability.
I went to a pumpkin patch and got pumpkins. Pumpkins are cool.
Dude, I friggin' love pumpkins. I think I like looking at the Jack-o-Lanterns people make more than Halloween itself. There's some pretty cool carvings out there. This weekend I finally got to use wifi for my Pokemon Y, so I happily did a lot of trading and battling with my online friends.

In all honestly I don't want to get yelled at for talking about weekends though because muh relevance off topic. :c

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
AH, HELL NAW! Unlockable characters are awesome! It creates hype and anticipation in the gameplay and surprises you. Honestly tell me you don't get goosebumps when you see this (not knowing he was in the game):

It's also entirely necessary for unique characters, obscure characters, and clone characters.
Dude, I s*** my pants when I saw that image

D

Deleted member

Hmmm.....haven't brought up the Rhythm Heaven Wrestler in a while....

So now it's Wrestler Time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Would unlockable characters still be seen as unlockables if they were revealed beforehand on the site? (but you still had to find ways to unlock them ingame)

-----
Nope, they would be seen as spoiled because Sakurai would rather spoil the game himself than let YouTube spoil the game. :troll:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I went to a pumpkin patch and got pumpkins. Pumpkins are cool.
I beat my brother in about 80% of our 100 or so Project M 4 stock matches this weekend... and yet somehow, he had 20 more KO's.
Is Smash without unlockables even Smash at all?
Imagine Smash without "Challeger Approaching!"
Think about the great achievement you had as a child that was unlocking every character in the game.
Don't you see, Smash needs unlockables (even though this wasn't an argument).
You're acting as if unlockable characters are more important than the standard multiplayer.

Really, people used to feel this way about Tekken, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, etc, but it was seen as an entry barrier, and removed, and people forgot about how they felt because it wasn't that important. Really, it's just an intro to the game. It's not that big of a deal.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Who the heck cares about relevancy=???

The fact of the matter is Meowth has almost nothing to work with, whereas Jigglypuff is easily one of the best Smash characters ever.

he had literally just as much to work with as virtually every other pokemon. he's a bi-pedal cat. hell I could design a moveset off of that without using official pokemon moves :glare:.

I know this is coming a little late but I was away for awhile

Louie G.

Smash Hero
You're acting as if unlockable characters are more important than the standard multiplayer.

Really, people used to feel this way about Tekken, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, etc, but it was seen as an entry barrier, and removed, and people forgot about how they felt because it wasn't that important. Really, it's just an intro to the game. It's not that big of a deal.
Nah, I know, I was being overdramatic.
I just love that unlockable feeling.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
New discussion, who would you rather have Daytorio, Diskun, Duck Hunt Dog, Harry or Mike Anderson?
.n_n.
Welp... too easy... Duck Hunt Dog... not just because I am biased but because I think even the most dedicated Nintendo nerds recognize that Duck Hunt Dog is the most famous of the bunch and I think the video game media would go wild over his inclusion than they would for Daytorio, Diskun, Harry, and Mike Anderson combined.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Takamaru.
Takamaru is a fine choice and would be a Retro Rep, but the characters that I did mention have strong connections to Peripherals, Systems or Forgotten Accessories, that are attached in some way or form to Nintendo or Nintendo Console.
.n_n.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Having a hardware character this time around is not a requirement, considering there is not much to choose from.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Takamaru is a fine choice and would be a Retro Rep, but the characters that I did mention have strong connections to Peripherals, Systems or Forgotten Accessories, that are attached in some way or form to Nintendo or Nintendo Console.
.n_n.

Yeah, I'm sticking with Takamaru. Plus Lip. Would like both of them.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
New discussion, who would you rather have Daytorio, Diskun, Duck Hunt Dog, Harry or Mike Anderson?
.n_n.
Mike Anderson? the basketball player, Football player, comedian, the director, the other football player or the baseball player? unless u mean Mike Jones in which case I say Mike Jones.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mike Anderson? the basketball player, Football player, comedian, the other football player or the baseball player? unless u mean Mike Jones in which case I say Mike Jones.
Mike Anderson is the pilot of the ST Falcon in the SNES game BattleClash.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Mike Anderson? the basketball player, Football player, comedian, the director, the other football player or the baseball player? unless u mean Mike Jones in which case I say Mike Jones.
Nope Mike Anderson is character from the SNES his two games make use of the SuperScope. One of his games is Battle Clash and the other Metal Combat, interesting fact the character fight with a giant mech.
.n_n.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Plus, he seems like one of those big name newcomers that gets saved for unlockable status.
For the suspense, you know?
This is something I'll be very eager to follow as the pre-SSB4 period progresses, because which newcomers get revealed depends on whether Sakurai decides to follow the precedent of Melee or Brawl. In Melee, only five out of fourteen newcomers were on the starting roster, whereas in Brawl, only six out of eighteen newcomers were unlockable. You'd think Sakurai would want to advertise the most popular newcomers in advance like he did during the lengthier pre-Brawl, since pre-Melee was short enough that Bowser and Peach could tide people over well enough, but you never know for sure.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Is Duck Hunt Dog a hardware character?
I always imagined him as a plain old retro like Ice Climbers or Pit.
No, I was just making up a silly character. Duck Hunt Dog is more like Wii Fit Trainer, the iconic person in the background. The difference is that Wii Fit Trainer is a cool character to have.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
No, I was just making up a silly character. Duck Hunt Dog is more like Wii Fit Trainer, the iconic person in the background. The difference is that Wii Fit Trainer is a cool character to have.
I liked it, but then unliked it because I actually want DHD.
And Diskun.
And tons of other retros.
You know what? Let's have a Super Retro Bros!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom