• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
No funnier than you asking the one guy staying on topic to leave. That's beyond hilarious. XD
Chitter-chatter like this is not staying on topic. You're as guilty as everyone else.

Predicting what date someone who's already on the roster will be shown to the public is not the same as predicting if they will be on the roster.
"Predicting what date someone who's already on the roster will be shown to the public"

Until they're revealed, they aren't officially on the roster (which is why cuts from the previous game are possible). I have no idea why you think otherwise. We currently have 17 characters on the roster, 3 of which are newcomers. No more, no less.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y fiasco should be the first hint that not every release is going to have a character reveal correlation.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Gormanbros has already posed this question, but I will repeat it in the case nobody paid attention.

Why are there suddenly predictions for Ness to be revealed this month? I'm keenly well-aware there was a fake leak from Reddit, as well as frequent requests on Miiverse, but why the sudden small-tide surge for this particular month?

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Gormanbros has already posed this question, but I will repeat it in the case nobody paid attention.

Why are there suddenly predictions for Ness to be revealed this month? I'm keenly well-aware there was a fake leak from Reddit, as well as frequent requests on Miiverse, but why the sudden small-tide surge for this particular month?
Good question. I think Lucas will definitely be revealed before Ness, but if Ness is alone for some weird reason, he should be next year or something.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Lucas should get new specials or GET OUT! But with Toon Link revealed possibly unchanged... I am not sure if we'll get quality cuts.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Saturn is always debating with someone.
It doesn't mean he doesn't like them or he means to insult them.
For example, we have very different views, but he's one of my best friends on the blog.
See? No one didn't have to insult the floppy disk to get him ranting. All we had to do was state our opinions that he disagrees with to get him ranting. :troll:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why don't we talk about who is going to be a starter and who is going to be an unlockable?

I think Lucas should get new specials or GET OUT! But with Toon Link revealed possibly unchanged... I am not sure if we'll get quality cuts.
Cutting a character because of the move set? Is playing as your favorite Nintendo All-Star no longer the point of this game? I swear people would rather have a roster of salami sandwhiches if they all had their own moves.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I don't see much need to change his specials. They work very differently from Ness'. Anyhow, I think PK Ground should replace PK Fire, but other than that, I like it as is and would label him his own character.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Why don't we talk about who is going to be a starter and who is going to be an unlockable?

Cutting a character because of the move set? Is playing as your favorite Nintendo All-Star no longer the point of this game? I swear people would rather have a roster of salami sandwhiches if they all had their own moves.
I don't know about All-Star. Wasn't Mother 3 a flop and only released in Japan.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Why are specials all that matter? Lucas is already a unique character from Ness. His specials work differently, and everything else is completely unique.
I really just don't see what Lucas brings to the game. Ness brought an array of odd specials that were fun and creative. But I am just channeling my inner-crabbiness.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I really just don't see what Lucas brings to the game. Ness brought an array of odd specials that were fun and creative. But I am just channeling my inner-crabbiness.
Lucas brought the same thing Ike did and Chrom would: The recent protagonist

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I don't know about All-Star. Wasn't Mother 3 a flop and only released in Japan.
It wasn't a flop, but IIRC it wasn't well received there like it was here. I know the fan translator Tomato posted some notes from Japanese fans about that, so I'll have to look for it.

Edit: Here we go: http://earthboundcentral.com/2013/04/mother-3-and-japanese-fans-revisited/

Having said that, if Lucas made it in regardless of that reception then I don't think he'll be removed anytime soon, especially since the Western fans like him.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Lucas brought the same thing Ike did and Chrom would: The recent protagonist
Ike did bring new things. Like an Up B with invincible frames, super-powered smashes on par with Snake and DeDeDe, and extreme range.

I am not sure what Chrom could bring in terms of gameplay.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
Ike did bring new things. Like an Up B with invincible frames, super-powered smashes on par with Snake and DeDeDe, and extreme range.
So Ike is a valuable character while Lucas is not because he has an Up B with invincibility frames (Since Dedede covers the rest of that)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom