• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gune

Smash Lord
Recentness does matter well for pokemon it certainly does according to sakurai's pokemon character selection criteria it does.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Recentness does matter well for pokemon it certainly does according to sakurai's pokemon character selection criteria it does.
Well, Meowth is very recent, will continue to be, not to mention continue to be overwhelmingly popular and recurring, so might as well give him what he deserves and throw him in. Besides, every pokemon character in Smash Bros has had ties to the anime alot more than they do the actual games.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why does the baby Pikachu make any difference? I'll give you the anime, mascot, and games, but why does being a baby form of Pikachu make a difference. And please don't say "represents the baby Pokemon", that's even more ludicrous than "We need all Gens repped in Smash!"
I do think being a baby Pokemon was a plus as it was one of the big things in gen 2, just like being a duo is like a plus for Plusle & Minun (no pun intended) because they represent the new team battles in gen 3. And the fact that he was a baby version of Pikachu is one of the reasons some people love him so. Pichu is not returning, but outside of move potential I think it's a better choice than Meowth.

SaturnGamer64: He knows how to s*** on peoples' opinions

Trust me, this is one of the lowest forms of opinion ****ting compared to past events on this thread.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Personally I find the concepts of Zoroark's Illusion and Genesect's Drive system more interesting than the likes of Pokemon Trainer.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I like to think of Meowth as a timeless Pokémon.
Not a hot new Pokémon (Lucario) or an incredibly popular one (Mewtwo, although Meowth is popular, just not at that level).
Just Meowth. Everyone knows and loves Meowth. He is a Nintendo all star, and deserves the spot 10 times more than anyone else besides Mewtwo IMO.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
tbf Jigglypuffs importance to the games are pretty minor as well. just saiyan.
She's still more popular and beloved. (thanks to smash)

If you have a problem with people disagreeing, I'd say you are ****ting on my opinion. I have every right to have the opinion that Meowth fails in most criteria for potential Pokemon newcomers. The smart alack eye rolling is not necessary.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Does Meowth have a Fairy form? If yes, because he was "planned for Smash 64," he's a SHOO-IN UP THERE WITH MEWTWO/CHROM/LITTLE MAC BECAUSE SAKURAI ALWAYS REVISITS OLD IDEAS. If not, the Pokemon Company doesn't care about him anymore and he has no chance for Smash. It's that simple.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I like to think of Meowth as a timeless Pokémon.
Not a hot new Pokémon (Lucario) or an incredibly popular one (Mewtwo, although Meowth is popular, just not at that level).
Just Meowth. Everyone knows and loves Meowth. He is a Nintendo all star, and deserves the spot 10 times more than anyone else besides Mewtwo IMO.
Meowth not on Mewtwo's level of popularity? You'd be surprised to know he's most likely higher if not very close.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
If you have a problem with people disagreeing, I'd say you are ****ting on my opinion. I have every right to have the opinion that Meowth fails in most criteria for potential Pokemon newcomers. The smart alack eye rolling is not necessary.
Then don't act like you're trying to prove everyone's opinion wrong.

Also, I'll roll my eyes whenever I want :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
She's still more popular and beloved. (thanks to smash)
I disagree entirely. I see more people on the side of removing Jiggs as opposed to keeping her because of her irrelevancy. meanwhile the ones who want to keep just do it out of some sort of made up "original 12 rule." she's majorly insignificant by comparison to Meowth. as are Pichu, Plusle and Minun

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Also, I'll roll my eyes whenever I want :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Saturn is always debating with someone.
It doesn't mean he doesn't like them or he means to insult them.
For example, we have very different views, but he's one of my best friends on the blog.

Gune

Smash Lord
Well, Meowth is very recent, will continue to be, not to mention continue to be overwhelmingly popular and recurring, so might as well give him what he deserves and throwim in. Besides, every pokemon character in Smash Bros has had ties to the anime alot more than they do the actual games.
With all that going for him why didn't he get in over jiggs?
Fixed.
Now I wait.
those criterias do include Lucario just saiyan.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
But, Lucario isn't!?!?
Nope. :p

I disagree entirely. I see more people on the side of removing Jiggs as opposed to keeping her because of her irrelevancy. meanwhile the ones who want to keep just do it out of some sort of made up "original 12 rule." she's majorly insignificant by comparison to Meowth. as are Pichu, Plusle and Minun
Gaston approves this post.

those criterias do include Lucario just saiyan.
I never said it didn't. :p

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
tbf Jigglypuffs importance to the games are pretty minor as well. just saiyan.
Correct. Which is why a good amount of people think she will be cut.

In the first Smash, she shared a model type to Kirby and a few moves. This similarity to Kirby could have helped her get in along with being a joke character, as Sakurai has mentioned.

She made it into Melee, but was one of the last characters added in Brawl.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm not. It seems every time there is a Pokemon discussion you take it personally, cuz genwunners!!!

I already said Meowth has the popularity. But, does he have the move potential, variety, or current hotness? No. And like I said there are other Pokemon that would just get in before him. (pleases don't post an erotic picture of a muscular Meowth to poke fun at the fact that I said "hotness.")

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, I find it quite funny how during gen 5 whenever Zoroark or Genesect were brought up. People were always complaining about how recentness doesn't matter and whatnot. And now when gen 6 came along. People are now saying that Zoroark and Genesect can't get in because their not recent anymore. Poor Zoroark and Genesect, they just can't win can they? :/
"Recentness" in general is a great big circlejerk as was mentioned earlier, but from what I recall, most people during Gen. 5 saw it as a battle for a "slot" between Lucario and Zoroark, and formed conclusions based off of whether the fan favorite or the "recent" knock-off would get the nod.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Personally I find the concepts of Zoroark's Illusion and Genesect's Drive system more interesting than the likes of Pokemon Trainer.

Illusion would be cool to see in a Smash game. It'd be like using Captain Ginyu, or Tsang Tsung in a certain sense.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Correct. Which is why a good amount of people think she will be cut.

In the first Smash, she shared a model type to Kirby and a few moves. This similarity to Kirby could have helped her get in along with being a joke character, as Sakurai has mentioned.

She made it into Melee, but was one of the last characters added in Brawl.
yeah at this point I think the only reason Jiggs is returning is because she's such an easy addition with the easiest model to build.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Not trying to argue with you, as I doubt Meowth as well, but I imagine it was because Jiggs was REALLY popular in Japan at the time.
that really seems to be the main reason imo, that and the easy build. she played a good reoccurring role in the anime and was heavily marketed as one of the more popular pokemon at the time as well.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
What if one of us right here, is actually Sakurai. And we are all discussing Smash Bros with Sakurai and not even knowing! And he is just sitting here saying what he thinks. Ad we are all screaming at him saying that something s a stupid idea and Sakurai will never even consider that.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What if one of us right here, is actually Sakurai. And we are all discussing Smash Bros with Sakurai and not even knowing! And he is just sitting here saying what he thinks. Ad we are all screaming at him saying that something s a stupid idea and Sakurai will never even consider that.
Sakurai couldn't spend 3 seconds here before bursting into laughter.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
dam he's onto me :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom