• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's okay, he already started trolling the Pokemon fanbase now that he got his fill from the Ridley fans anyway. :bee:
UP NEXT: The Kid Icarus fanbase! Show a TON of Pit and the new stage... But where's Palutena??

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I suggest getting rid of either Toad or Bowser Jr. and Meowth. Replace those slots with the Mii like you wanted, and Palutena. May I also suggest to only keep either Dixie or K. Rool. I don't see getting both of them. Maybe get rid of one in favor of Takamaru?
I don't see why I should remove Meowth. It's popularity is really high because of the anime. This is the same reason Jigglypuff joined. I don't like the idea of chossing between Dixe or K. Rool and Toad or Bowser Jr.. The Mario series got 3 newcomers in Melee. The Pokémon series also got 2 newcomers, and Zelda gained 4. In Brawl, Pokémon did lose 2 but gained 4, so that's 2 more characters than in Melee. It's not impossible for Sakurai to add 2 newcomers for the Mario and DK series. But I like the idea of Mii, Palutena and Takamaru. I will get rid of some different characters than you suggested and add them.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I like it because it has Toad, Meowth, and Dixie Kong. Most people usually include a Mario newcomer that is not Toad, a Pokemon newcomer that is not Meowth, and King K. Rool on their rosters over them.
I tried to make it different than the usual rosters in the internet but still possible to happen.

My updated roster! Includes some of the suggestions made here:

My Roster Roster.png

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I tried to make it different than the usual rosters in the internet but still possible to happen.

View attachment 3447
This is even better!!! Toad, Meowth, Dixie Kong, Tingle, and Pac-Man together in one roster? I love it!! I would love it to be real... if the Duck Hunt Dog and Simon Belmont were included on the roster too... :crazy::estatic::pimp:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
This is even better!!! Toad, Meowth, Dixie Kong, Tingle, and Pac-Man together in one roster? I love it!! I would love it to be real... if the Duck Hunt Dog and Simon Belmont were included on the roster too... :crazy::estatic::pimp:
Duck Hunt Dog would be a cool retro, but the next best one after Takamaru, in my opnion, is Ballon Fighter. As for Simon Belmont, I don't think he qualifies well in the "Third Parties need to be legendary" thing.

D

Deleted member

If it's just what you want to see, 6 is fine.
If it's a prediction, then 5 should be the limit. Sakurai has already expressed distaste for overcrowding the line-up with Mario and Pokémon characters.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well yeah, their called the Big Three by fans, not the Too Big Three.........................

But I honestly wouldn't mind 6 characters for at least Mario and Pokemon though. (At least it would shut up the Toad vs Bowser jr wars and the people who want the Brawl vets and Mewtwo back but also a brand new Pokemon character............:x )

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Well yeah, their called the Big Three by fans, not the Too Big Three.........................

But I honestly wouldn't mind 6 characters for at least Mario and Pokemon though. (At least it would shut up the Toad vs Bowser jr wars and the people who want the Brawl vets and Mewtwo back but also a brand new Pokemon character............:x )
About the small letters part:

That was my goal when putting these characters in. But the war is somewhat a Toad vs Bowser Jr. vs Paper Mario war. But then Paper Mario would be the obvious new Mario character for SSB5.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Birdo for Smash. :troll:
Yeah. Birdo should be playable. Birdo is 1000000 times better than Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Palutena and any other character.

Jokes aside, I would like Birdo if it gets in after Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Waluigi, Daisy, Fawful and Rosalina.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

View attachment 3447

Meowth isn't that bad of a choice actually. It's probably the one legit Pokemon that could be added that isn't a Starter or a Legendary. Props for adding Tingle too I guess. Though as Golden said earlier, if this a preference then its fine. But for a prediction, you might want to swap one character for Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda respectively. Still a good roster nonetheless.

We don't have enough unknown gender characters in the game. :troll:

Well we could always throw Mewtwo back in.

EDIT: Double post, sorry.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, glad to see that you're all keeping your sanity intact...and by that I mean, from the last few pages I read, that it's clearly leaking and sinking faster than the Titanic. :p Then again, I shouldn't exactly be surprised.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
.....I have been usurped?

Damn.
By someone other than ManlySpirit, HyperFalcon, or a long time member no less!!!! :rotfl:
Jesus, is that how people use R.O.B. competitively? That doesn't even sound like fun for the R.O.B. player either.
Oh man, Meta Knight can be just as bad. The match after that the guy went to Meta Knight and did all kinds of things so I couldn't approach without getting whacked, and yet, he refused to approach despite Meta Knight's great approach.

Really though, it's a problem with quite a few characters. It would probably be a problem with Snake too if he didn't have Snaking.
You lost to a campy character with using Toon Link, who can be just as campy? I mean toon link has more projectiles to spam at him and you have the hook shot, so if you space him out while using your specials and zair the match up shouldn't be so bad for your character. I think all of toon links specials and his zair can stop ROB's gyro, even just simply blocking it and the laser.

In short, just out camp campy characters until they're mad. They will come eventually.:awesome:
I won the first match by using solely projectiles. After I got bored to death of just camping and spamming projectiles, I wanted to get in and have an actual fight, instead of a boring "throw stuff" competition that I would clearly win.

Ultimately, that match showed me what's wrong with Brawl: it's not fun when you play to win. Smash 64 and Melee competitively at the highest level and play to win is very fun. But with Brawl, eh, not so much.

I mean, in that second match when he switched to Meta Knight and ran away, I could have gone to Meta Knight and won by similarly camping (because I knew I was more technical and precise than my opponent with any character, despite me not knowing Meta Knight), but truth be told, I hate playing Meta Knight, and Toon Link was the only character in Brawl that gave me an ounce of joy to play.

And when I realized that I had to camp to win with him, I just quit. I'm not going to play that way. I want to have fun, too, and nothing is funner than getting in an intense, in your face, everywhere at once fight where both players KNOW they will win such an epic war., which I then found out is just not possible in Brawl due to Brawl discouraging fighting close or really that brand of smart yet hyper aggressive play.

And that's why I dumped Brawl, and continued playing Smash 64 and Melee.

Anyways, to bring that all back, I would love to see a character like Miis, K. Rool, or Dixie Kong have that floatiness that is kinda Brawlsy, but has that sense of just Melee aggression. Truth be told, I think the Villager will be a lot like that.
Agree with this sentiment, so I'll just nod my head.
Yeah, I just love the prospect of a playable character like that.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

View attachment 3447
WOW!!
This roster has a reasonable number of character, (I stretch the word reasonable)
If you replace the random space with N64, this would be one of my favorite roster ever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom