• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Or everything.

Imagine us seeing a veteran, a newcomer, a stage, and the Pokeballs ALL at the same time! :awesome:
Don't get your hopes up!:bee:

So how many Fire Emblem reps do we want and/or expect? I think two is enough with the current characters as a good representation of different strategies.
I can definitely see 3 characters from Fire Emblem appearing in this game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
On Starfy, It seems like he mostly spins to hit his enemies. But he also has diving and dash attacks, so he has a little something to work with. His special moves could work around those animal suits he wore I guess.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm assuming there will be a third Pokemon Stadium stage. I'm assuming there will be a Fairy type part, maybe Steel too, and I'm really hoping for a Ghost type part.

So, I've asked this question before I think, but if you could choose a mix of three starters from any gen for a new Pokemon Trainer, which ones would you choose? (one has to be in it's first form, one in it's second, and one in it's final evolution)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
So, I've asked this question before I think, but if you could choose a mix of three starters from any gen for a new Pokemon Trainer, which ones would you choose? (one has to be in it's first form, one in it's second, and one in it's final evolution)
Gen 6 trainer easily, Chespin, Braixen and Greninja, three pokemon that would be solid fighters and they'd be fun to play as.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
You make a good point. But Toad does have a fast/strong style in terms of gameplay taking from SMB2 and the new 3D World coming out. Because he was the strongest, he was the quickest in plucking up items and enemies which could be a feature. But I see what your saying.

All that really does is give him a fast running speed, and perhaps a lot of damage and/or knockback to his moves. He's still mostly missing the moves.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Does anyone actually want a Diamond and Pearl remake? Since were talking about Pokemon remakes.

Hoenn had the last games in the series that didn't have the special and physical split for moves, So at the very least they should be given that update. And like Gold and Silver, the story could be expanded upon a good bit. The gameplay implemented into Diamond and Pearl hasn't had many extreme changes yet outside of Fairy type. So unless we get any extreme additions to the gameplay, Diamond and Pearl doesn't need a remake quite yet.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Gen 2 is still the best. It expanded and changed a lot for the series. Many mechanics that are now staples began in Gen 2. Specifically Crystal. No "generational hop" has had the biggest and most important additions to the general "Pokemon game formula."

Therefore, Pichu must be in Smash again. :troll:
Definitey not an attempt to stay on topic

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I love Gen 2 because Chikorita.

Did I mention I like Chikorita?

But Gen 4 is definitely my favorite. I enjoy Pearl a lot, and it has two of my favorite Pokemon. (Luxray and Empoleon)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My favorites are definitely Gen 2 and Gen 5. Those games are the most fun for me. But Gen 3 also had some of my favorite Pokemon too.

Anyway, a little more on topic, which would you guys prefer, Mach Rider or the Excite Bike guy? A lot of people talk about retro characters so I figured that I'd mention them.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
My favorites are definitely Gen 2 and Gen 5. Those games are the most fun for me. But Gen 3 also had some of my favorite Pokemon too.

Anyway, a little more on topic, which would you guys prefer, Mach Rider or the Excite Bike guy? A lot of people talk about retro characters so I figured that I'd mention them.
Captain Falcon :troll:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Its just that hoen was my first pokemon game I played on my own great memories and stuff so its kinda special to me, I like sinnoh and freaking Love Lucario but Hoen gave me metagross and started the whole steel type love for me.
*goes off topic for a couple minutes* Hoenn was also one of the first pokemon games I played, namely both sapphire and emerald, and also where I had my first encounter with the pokerus (PKRS) virus, after that I read up to see how rare it was to contract the virus and I was shocked at how long it would take. I had some good memories of that region.

*Goes back on topic now*

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Better than talking about Tom Nook and Diskun... or anything that's been discussed for a gazillion times.
I don't want to talk about that either, but at least it's relevant to this thread.

Does anyone actually want a Diamond and Pearl remake? Since were talking about Pokemon remakes.
No, and we aren't talking about Pokemon remakes.

-Tied for #1 newcomer, worldwide, alongside Mewtwo.
-A DK rep, which would be fantastic. A great 3rd DK rep, and unlike the other prospect, not a clone of Diddy.
-"A bad guy." It matters a bit. If people can have their favorite battle of Mario vs Bowser, then they should be allowed to have DK vs K Rool.
-Amazing personality.
-Alternate costume fun galore
-Extremely easy moveset potential

To be honest, K. Rool is one of the, like, 3 characters I thin you can call a 100% "shoo-in." The only other ones are Mewtwo and I guess Little Mac. People who don't include K Rool, even if they aren't trying to, make rosters that should always be regarded as jokes.
I disagree entirely. King K. Rool is in NO way a shoe-in. Dixie seems to be more important to the Donkey Kong universe than King K. Rool and not only would many fans prefer her appearance, but she'd be easier to develop too. I wouldn't say King K. Rool being a villian adds to his chances in the slightest as there are so many occasions where he was not the villian. Dixie Kong getting in over King K. Rool is extremely likely regardless of how much move potential K. Rool has.

I know what you're going to say, so I'll argue it before you do. Being a clone won't make Dixie lower priority than King K. Rool. Representing the more deserving character is more important than her move set and she'd only share 3 moves total with Diddy Kong.

So how many Fire Emblem reps do we want and/or expect? I think two is enough with the current characters as a good representation of different strategies.
It'd be possible we just stay with Ike & Marth.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Gen 2 and 5 are my favorites as well.

Personally no, RSE could use the update since their mechanics are a bit outdated and the expansion that the remakes would bring would allow the region to be seen in a new light. DP doesn't need those updates by comparison, so it can wait.

Mach Rider.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I disagree entirely. King K. Rool is in NO way a shoe-in. Dixie seems to be more important to the Donkey Kong universe than King K. Rool and not only would many fans prefer her appearance, but she'd be easier to develop too. I wouldn't say King K. Rool being a villian adds to his chances in the slightest as there are so many occasions where he was not the villian. Dixie Kong getting in over King K. Rool is extremely likely regardless of how much move potential K. Rool has.

I know what you're going to say, so I'll argue it before you do. Being a clone won't make Dixie lower priority than King K. Rool. Representing the more deserving character is more important than her move set and she'd only share 3 moves total with Diddy Kong.
\
I agree entirely, but you have to admit that K. Rool deserves it. Both of them do, but I find Dixie more likely.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I agree entirely, but you have to admit that K. Rool deserves it. Both of them do, but I find Dixie more likely.
Oh, no don't get me wrong. King K. Rool definitely deserves it, I just think Dixie will probably be seen as more deserving to Sakurai.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You make a good point. But Toad does have a fast/strong style in terms of gameplay taking from SMB2 and the new 3D World coming out. Because he was the strongest, he was the quickest in plucking up items and enemies which could be a feature. But I see what your saying.
I kinda wish Sakurai could just add Toad in Smash just to prove that Toad can be unique... I feel like the only way to change people's minds about characters is for them to see those characters in official Smash games, not fan-made Smash games or MUGEN.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Or just easier. To be honest, I find it likely that he would add Dixie simply for being simple.

Yeah, I could see Dixie being added to the roster for being easier to implement. Still, I'd support the addition of another Donkey Kong character. Be it either King K. Rool or Dixie.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Clearly we are getting the following characters because they are easier for Sakurai to add:

Dr. Mario
Donkey Kong Jr.
Dixie Kong
Toon Zelda / Toon Sheik
Dark Samus
Slippy Toad
Mewtwo
Pichu
Black Shadow
Ninten
Roy
Dark Pit

Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man are the only characters that are too difficult for Sakurai to add... that's why he only showed them at E3 2013 and he didn't want to show the rest because he knew they (except the Melee veterans and Dixie Kong) would disappoint the fans. :troll:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Or just easier. To be honest, I find it likely that he would add Dixie simply for being simple.
But does that make her a worthwhile character? Sure Dixie deserves a spot, but would you be satisfied by her inclusion because she was easy to put in, or because she was a fun new character created for the game?

Another reason that makes her a good choice.
A good choice to predict for the roster, or a good choice to want to play as when we actually get our hands on the game?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I prefer King K. Rool but I think Sakurai will prefer to add Dixie because is easier to make with Diddy already in the game.
.n_n.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I love Gen two for two reasons:

.n_n.
You sir are the smartest person here.

Clearly we are getting the following characters because they are easier for Sakurai to add:

Dr. Mario
Donkey Kong Jr.
Dixie Kong
Toon Zelda / Toon Sheik
Dark Samus
Slippy Toad
Mewtwo
Pichu
Black Shadow
Ninten
Roy
Dark Pit
I agree with this list except, Would SLIPPY really be that easy to implement/ clone? Would he really be yet another Fox clone? Or do you have someone else in mind? I think Slippy would have to be a really original character. That doesn't mean he'd be fun though.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
But does that make her a worthwhile character? Sure Dixie deserves a spot, but would you be satisfied by her inclusion because she was easy to put in, or because she was a fun new character created for the game?

A good choice to predict for the roster, or a good choice to want to play as when we actually get our hands on the game?
Well, yeah, I want to play as her. And she is worthwhile and deserving to be in the game. Apart from the stupid argument that we need female genitalia is Smash, she's recurring and consistent, relevant, and moderately popular in the DK games.

I just think that, coupled with these positive attributes, being easy to program and develop helps her gain favor over K. Rool. Of course Dixie will not just get in because she's easy to program, she has great potential. I just think it helps her a bit.

Dixie will get in on her own merits. She won't be in just because she is easy to program. I just think Sakurai will find her easier to develop than K. Rool. It's either of them, they're both unique, fun characters who deserve it, but that one factor swings the odds in Dixie's favor.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Adding the most desired and deserving characters is a little more important than having a slightly more fun move set. I don't really care in the slightest what clone haters think. I care more about who I'm playing as and less about what they do.

Clearly we are getting the following characters because they are easier for Sakurai to add
I think you are looking way too deep into what we said. Being easier to program is simply a minor benefit from adding an already deserving and requested character.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Adding the most desired and deserving characters is a little more important than having a slightly more fun move set. I don't really care in the slightest what clone haters think. I care more about who I'm playing as and less about what they do.
Valid point, yes. But say they put in Paper Mario, and he's a Mario clone. (I honestly want Paper Mario, think he'd be a great character, and under no circumstances believe he EVER should be a Mario clone, he's too different to even be considered one). Under this hypothetical situation, would you ever really be excited to play as him, or would you give him a few good spins every now and then and go back to your mains more often than not because he has nothing new or exciting to offer you? Dixie is by all accounts an All Star and very much deserves a spot, but if she's just like Diddy, will you ever really give her a second thought?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Valid point, yes. But say they put in Paper Mario, and he's a Mario clone. (I honestly want Paper Mario, think he'd be a great character, and under no circumstances believe he EVER should be a Mario clone, he's too different to even be considered one). Under this hypothetical situation, would you ever really be excited to play as him, or would you give him a few good spins every now and then and go back to your mains more often than not because he has nothing new or exciting to offer you? Dixie is by all accounts an All Star and very much deserves a spot, but if she's just like Diddy, will you ever really give her a second thought?
I wouldn't be upset that Paper Mario is a clone because someone else has that move set. I'd be upset because he defeats one of the biggest purposes of even having Paper Mario and would make no sense. If Dixie Kong was a semi-clone of Diddy Kong I wouldn't care at all. I'd main her and play as her a lot because it's a fun move set and a cool character. That's all that matters, it doesn't have to differ from other move sets and especially when she'd only share 3 moves and there is already an enormous amount of unique and differing characters in the first place.

Not having a completely different move set from every other character is not an issue to me and doesn't affect my preference of playing as a character in the slightest. I actually PREFER that Ganondorf is a clone because it fits his style and makes him fun to play as. That's what I care about.

A character being a clone doesn't cross my mind for one second when playing as a character.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
As you can see, I enjoy Toon Link. But here's what I believe. I think that if you make "clones" different from one another, you can almost get away with it. Great examples are Wolf and Toon Link, who just feel different when playing as them. I don't think Dixie would be a clone, but she would be based off the Diddy model for this game, which would make her easy to program. However, I expect her to have a unique, or rather an almost unique moveset based on hair, bubble gum, etc. etc.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Just like Paper Mario would be more worthy to Sakurai than Toad? Toad is kind of the Dixie Kong of Mario. I guess that is just an opinion.
I actually feel that while Toad is the most deserving, a second Mario persona is a better choice and more likely because Sakurai might see some sort of issue with Toad being on the roster. Probably his role or some bull ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom