• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Anyways...on-topic:

I think our next snapshot will be Pikachu and Yveltal. :p
Are we all under the assumption that next week will be the heavy Pokemon week that we've been expecting? I know with Sakurai's quote yesterday, that's what I immediately thought. But unless we get a character on Monday, I'm not really expecting Pokemon related pictures more than two of the days next week (Tuesday and Thursday/Friday make the most sense.) I honestly am just hoping for more interesting sights 4 out of the 5 days this week, instead of just a glimpse of BackStaggHead like this week.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't know about too easy...I always started with Treecko so I wasn't super-OP with Blaziken (Which I could care less for) or Swampert, but when the story asks you a question that you MUST have played the previous iterations to know the answer to or even know where it is, there's something wrong here.

Anyways...on-topic:

I think our next snapshot will be Pikachu and Yveltal. :p
Just, not to get off-topic, but when was that that you needed to know about the previous iteration?

Predicting the next picture? I'm pretty sure Sakurai wowed us all yesterday, showing us Xerneas, so seeing Yveltal next is a bit of a stretch. I expect him to be a Pokeball, but that's really it.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Are we all under the assumption that next week will be the heavy Pokemon week that we've been expecting? I know with Sakurai's quote yesterday, that's what I immediately thought. But unless we get a character on Monday, I'm not really expecting Pokemon related pictures more than two of the days next week (Tuesday and Thursday/Friday make the most sense.) I honestly am just hoping for more interesting sights 4 out of the 5 days this week, instead of just a glimpse of BackStaggHead like this week.
What WAS Sakurai's quote for the Pikachu/Xerneas picture exactly?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Just, not to get off-topic, but when was that that you needed to know about the previous iteration?

Predicting the next picture? I'm pretty sure Sakurai wowed us all yesterday, showing us Xerneas, so seeing Yveltal next is a bit of a stretch. I expect him to be a Pokeball, but that's really it.
Basically the fact where Wallace asks you, a character with no connection to the legendary pokemon Rayquaza, the question of "Where is it?" the answer is "How the hell should I know?" although I knew it was the Sky Pillar from playing Sapphire. And the best part...if you've never been there before...TOO BAD! They don't even tell you where it is! Not even a hint, which is poor game design as it's basically saying "You don't know where it is? Too bad, you should've bought the past games sucker!".

Also, nobody's expecting a Team Flare HQ/Geosenge Town stage?

I believe it was "We have absolutely nothing to announce regarding Pokemon X and Y. Really!"
Now you see, this post isn't in the least misleading, it clearly shows that they have something to show us, and it's most likely a new character, and it will most likely be Pokemon Trainer or Mewtwo.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Excuse me, he said TODAY

"Pic of the day. We have absolutely nothing to announce TODAY regarding Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. Really!"

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Basically the fact where Wallace asks you, a character with no connection to the legendary pokemon Rayquaza, the question of "Where is it?" the answer is "How the hell should I know?" although I knew it was the Sky Pillar from playing Sapphire. And the best part...if you've never been there before...TOO BAD! They don't even tell you where it is! Not even a hint, which is poor game design as it's basically saying "You don't know where it is? Too bad, you should've bought the past games sucker!".

True. I played Sapphire OVER and OVER and OVER again, so I knew in Emerald where to go. But yeah, they should've given a hint. I expect they thought the player would realize that there is a huge section of stuff left to explore, but yeah, poor designing.

If we see an X/Y stage, I want either Lumiose City, or a stage based on the Champion room. But that will probably be for the 3DS. I'm guessing a continuation of the Pokemon Stadium and maybe a Poke Floats II for the Wii U.

Actually, when do you think we will see a Pokemon stage? The other two big franchises have at least one (Zelda has three!), we need Pokemon love now!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Now you see, this post isn't in the least misleading, it clearly shows that they have something to show us, and it's most likely a new character, and it will most likely be Pokemon Trainer or Mewtwo.
One can hope. I decided not to read into anything: Directs, Quotes, Banners taking down, and just be generally surprised when a character is announced.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
True. I played Sapphire OVER and OVER and OVER again, so I knew in Emerald where to go. But yeah, they should've given a hint. I expect they thought the player would realize that there is a huge section of stuff left to explore, but yeah, poor designing.

If we see an X/Y stage, I want either Lumiose City, or a stage based on Diantha's Champion room. Those beautiful stained-glass windows.... But that will probably be for the 3DS. I'm guessing a continuation of the Pokemon Stadium and maybe a Poke Floats II for the Wii U.

Actually, when do you think we will see a Pokemon stage? The other two big franchises have at least one (Zelda has three!), we need Pokemon love now!
I still pray for the hope of seeing a Dragonspiral Tower Stage so Black and White get some love, not to mention I'm still holding out for the Gateway colosseum idea, seeing as it was the last major battle-esque Pokemon game on the Wii.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I think with that ridiculous quote from yesterday, or at least the English localization's translation of whatever it is Sakurai said exactly, we should expect something Pokemon heavy soon. (Not that we weren't all expecting it anyway). I think a stage makes the most sense, it's about time for another stage considering we really don't have all that many in the grand scheme of things. And if the heavy announcement is a Newcomer/Veteran, we'll most likely get a stage anyway.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I think with that ridiculous quote from yesterday, or at least the English localization's translation of whatever it is Sakurai said exactly, we should expect something Pokemon heavy soon. (Not that we weren't all expecting it anyway). I think a stage makes the most sense, it's about time for another stage considering we really don't have all that many in the grand scheme of things. And if the heavy announcement is a Newcomer/Veteran, we'll most likely get a stage anyway.
Or everything.

Imagine us seeing a veteran, a newcomer, a stage, and the Pokeballs ALL at the same time! :awesome:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Or everything.

Imagine us seeing a veteran, a newcomer, a stage, and the Pokeballs ALL at the same time! :awesome:
I can honestly believe a character with a stage and poke balls, but not two characters. The guy's teasing us. He wants us to sweat over it, work hard for it. He's not gonna dump a whole Christmas Day scenario on us. It's too contradictory, even if he is the King of unpredictability.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I still pray for the hope of seeing a Dragonspiral Tower Stage so Black and White get some love, not to mention I'm still holding out for the Gateway colosseum idea, seeing as it was the last major battle-esque Pokemon game on the Wii.
That, or N's castle would easily make my day as I loved those locations in BW.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
OH MY GOD, I'M SORRY!!!!! EDIT!

Honestly, I don't even have the game and I'm so emerged into it. Kinda sucks...
Just wait until you see get it and see the darkest Pokemon storyline ever. :p

PS: Team Flare is the best villain team ever. :p

That, or N's castle would easily make my day as I loved those locations in BW.
I like N's Castle too, but I chose Dragonspiral tower because it's a big part of both Black/White and Black 2/White 2 with the two legendary pokemon.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Off topic discussions about character reveals and just Pokemon games in general? Why am I not surprised?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
So how many Fire Emblem reps do we want and/or expect? I think two is enough with the current characters as a good representation of different strategies.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Better than talking about Tom Nook and Diskun... or anything that's been discussed for a gazillion times.
More like a googol of times.

But may I also say.... whenever we meet a travelling, mysterious trainer, they usually end up being important... So I kinda expected people would have known. Sorry about that, I feel like a turd :(
Nah, don't worry. :)

Then again, I've already been spoiled by a Youtube comment, so yeah. Still bothers me when someone sopils something so early on. :1

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Starfy seems like he would be an AT again. Sakurai joked that he was the only AT that could be attacked back. But who knows? He also said Villager wouldn't fit in Brawl.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I hope those aren't supposed to be serious prediction rosters without K. Rool on them...as far as I care, they're absolute jokes.

As far as Toad goes, not having read all of the past few pages' worth of discussion, it's easy to see why Sakurai would pass on him yet again. Sure, Toad can be made unique, but he doesn't really fall in line with Sakurai's aim of having characters who "do someone that only that character can do." If he used leftover powerup items as specials and was "fast and strong" everywhere else (because people use that to justify generic standards), he's basically a duller Game and Watch and Villager. Granted, this isn't actually a knock on his likeliness, since Sakurai has lied about this very criteria with the likes of WFT (unless he's referring to her ability to shock people then gain their begrudging support like no other), but it's something to consider.

-Tied for #1 newcomer, worldwide, alongside Mewtwo.
-A DK rep, which would be fantastic. A great 3rd DK rep, and unlike the other prospect, not a clone of Diddy.
-"A bad guy." It matters a bit. If people can have their favorite battle of Mario vs Bowser, then they should be allowed to have DK vs K Rool.
-Amazing personality.
-Alternate costume fun galore
-Extremely easy moveset potential

To be honest, K. Rool is one of the, like, 3 characters I thin you can call a 100% "shoo-in." The only other ones are Mewtwo and I guess Little Mac. People who don't include K Rool, even if they aren't trying to, make rosters that should always be regarded as jokes.

As for Toad, he isn't even G&W. G&W is a conglomerate of dozens of old G&W games, so his moveset is very personal. Simultaneously, plenty of villagers moves are directly taken from things he "did" in Animal Crossing, with basically the rest changed slightly or being references to things in AC. Toad really does lack it.
Even WFT is doing something "only she could do." "Only she can do it" doesn't mean, literally, no other character could theoretically do any stretches, but a stretches-making-the-slight-leap-into-attacks moveset on WFT is "something only she can do" and still have it remain a personal moveset that has something to do with the character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So we still talking about them Pokemon? A lot of people want remakes of Ruby and Sapphire anyways. Which would be cool, Blaziken is my favorite Pokemon anyway. So any chance I could get to wreck house with it would be fine with me. Though I still should get Y.

BTWBlazikenForSSB4YouKnowYouWantIt.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Are they going to have Pokemon Stadium 3 as a stage? Maybe a new Pokemon Stadium stage for the Wii U and a different one for 3DS. Steel, Dark, and Fairy as the newest types should get a part on the new stadium stages if there are any.

As for Toad, he isn't even G&W. G&W is a conglomerate of dozens of old G&W games, so his moveset is very personal. Simultaneously, plenty of villagers moves are directly taken from things he "did" in Animal Crossing, with basically the rest changed slightly or being references to things in AC. Toad really does lack it.
Even WFT is doing something "only she could do." "Only she can do it" doesn't mean, literally, no other character could theoretically do any stretches, but a stretches-making-the-slight-leap-into-attacks moveset on WFT is "something only she can do" and still have it remain a personal moveset that has something to do with the character.
You make a good point. But Toad does have a fast/strong style in terms of gameplay taking from SMB2 and the new 3D World coming out. Because he was the strongest, he was the quickest in plucking up items and enemies which could be a feature. But I see what your saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom