• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
We have Sonic because he was a highly requested character and SEGA has a close relationship with Nintendo, which is why a lot of Sonic games are only on Nintendo consoles.

Nintendo has more reason to put in Bayonetta or really most any other third-party character than they do Snake.
We have Sonic because Snake opened up the gate to 3rd parties being in Smash.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Do you really expect to see Snake revealed to celebrate MGS V, and have a link to the website on his character page when the game isn't even on Wii U? Are you serious?
Again why does the page of Snake should have a link to the newest MGS game when he is not even the main character (I think is Big Boss, correct me if I´m wrong).
.n_n.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Because veteran status matters a bunch when it comes to third-party.

Konami hasn't had any big deals with Nintendo in recent years, their relationship is okay at best. Platinum and Nintendo are bros, hence why a good amount of Platinum games are on Ninendo consoles only.

It's better to except that Snake is not coming back now than later.
You know who are best bros? Nintendo and Namco-Bandai...you know who's not getting special treatment? Namco-Bandai. Saying that because a small company has a good relationship with Nintendo earns them a character is completely and utterly stupid, especially considering Ubisoft has been Nintendo's friend alot more lately than that of Platinum Games, and guess what...we ain't getting Rayman.

Besides, if you're going to replace Snake, you need a character from an equally as large franchise...Bayonetta can't even compare to Metal Gear Solid. Besides, the character needs to be a quote on quote "Big deal". Snake is a Big deal, Sonic is a Big Deal, MegaMan is a big deal...Bayonetta is nowhere near their level of being a big deal.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Do you really expect to see Snake revealed to celebrate MGS V, and have a link to the website on his character page when the game isn't even on Wii U? Are you serious?
Who says he needs to have a link to the MGS V website? The last time I checked, Peach didn't have any kind of link when she was revealed, so this point is moot.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
You know who are best bros? Nintendo and Namco-Bandai...you know who's not getting special treatment? Namco-Bandai. Saying that because a small company has a good relationship with Nintendo earns them a character is completely and utterly stupid, especially considering Ubisoft has been Nintendo's friend alot more lately than that of Platinum Games, and guess what...we ain't getting Rayman.

Besides, if you're going to replace Snake, you need a character from an equally as large franchise...Bayonetta can't even compare to Metal Gear Solid. Besides, the character needs to be a quote on quote "Big deal". Snake is a Big deal, Sonic is a Big Deal, MegaMan is a big deal...Bayonetta is nowhere near their level of being a big deal.
You need an equally large franchise to replace third-parties now? Really? When did Sakurai state this?

Bayonetta, if she gets in, is going to get in for Bayonetta 2 promotion. Snake is not coming back for MGS V promotion.

I think it's best to end this conversation before it gets out of hand.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Because veteran status matters a bunch when it comes to third-party.

Konami hasn't had any big deals with Nintendo in recent years, their relationship is okay at best. Platinum and Nintendo are bros, hence why a good amount of Platinum games are on Ninendo consoles only.

It's better to except that Snake is not coming back now than later.

Yeah because a Twitter feud is really going to keep a character from getting in. :lol

Bayonetta 2 is exclusive to Nintendo, the developers have said they would like her in Smash 4, Nintendo can use her appearance to promote Bayo2, a lot of fans want Bayonetta, and does the Snake side have that?
You sure want bayonetta in smash don't you?:troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not too sure if Solid Snake is getting cut. He was pretty well received in Brawl, and his moveset is pretty original. But I suppose there is a small chance it could happen, not that I want it too. If he did get replaced however, I feel that Simon Belmont would be the best choice.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Eh.. last time I checked Snake was a God-tier videogame character in terms of popularity in Japan. Bayonetta doesn't really come close to that.

I don't have anything against Bayonetta, and I'm as neutral on her as I'm about Snake. But something just feels really off to me about supporting her.
Her concept IS being oversexualized. Her means of attack, from what I understand, leave her almost naked. And her other means of attack are guns, something that Sakurai is against for this game. (Unless they're laser guns, that is)

But as far as 3rd party characters go, I don't see SSB gaining anything from her inclusion. (Especially with just two games under her belt (3 if you count Anarchy Reigns), and only one of them for Nintendo systems).

Still.... would be cool to see her I guess.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
You need an equally large franchise to replace third-parties now? Really? When did Sakurai state this?

Bayonetta, if she gets in, is going to get in for Bayonetta 2 promotion. Snake is not coming back for MGS V promotion.
I thought that was obvious, especially when he says the character needs to be a big deal/special occasion. A character from a single game on Nintendo consoles is NOT a Nintendo All-star. What do you think this is? Playstation All-Stars? While they were remakes, even Snake has had more games on Nintendo consoles than that of Bayonetta.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
That was it? Just a deal for a wii U game? People these days...
There's also that pic of Sakurai visiting Platinum which led to Bayo fans over speculating. I think she could have great move set potential and good range of melee attacks due to those delicious grasshopper legs of hers. I'd like her in Smash as well but she has a very small chance of making the cut.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
That was it? Just a deal for a wii U game? People these days...
Yup, people will look for any small sign to try and make a point, perfect example...Gen 3 fanboys and their Hoenn remake dreams.

What? There's a random NPC that mentions Hoenn?! HOENN CONFIRMED! There's a painting of Mr. Briney's boat in the Lumiose Museum? HOENN CONFIRMED! The villain team uses Gen 3 pokemon sometimes although they use pokemon from every gen? HOENN CONFIRMED!

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I'd much rather have Snake be our 3rd and final 3rd party than Bayonetta, Pac, a Tales character, or any other possible candidate.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
I'd much rather have Snake be our 3rd and final 3rd party than Bayonetta, Pac, a Tales character, or any other possible candidate.

Snake is one of my chosen characters in Brawl, but sadly I think he will be cut...

Gune

Smash Lord
Yup, people will look for any small sign to try and make a point, perfect example...Gen 3 fanboys and their Hoenn remake dreams.

What? There's a random NPC that mentions Hoenn?! HOENN CONFIRMED! There's a painting of Mr. Briney's boat in the Lumiose Museum? HOENN CONFIRMED! The villain team uses Gen 3 pokemon sometimes although they use pokemon from every gen? HOENN CONFIRMED!
That's ridiculous although a hoen remake would be awesome especially in 3d...

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Yeah, it's average. The landscapes are boring, the characters themselves are dull and shallow, I'm not going to judge the music as everyone's a hypocrite about the damn trumpets anyways, and the overall story was...well...boring. And the majority of water routes...don't get me started on all that water...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Oh wonderful, and here I thought people knew about Hoenn's faults as a region.
Of course they do, they probably just accept those faults and enjoy the region regardless.

I mean, I could list the number of faults in Sinnoh for instance, but that doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable for others.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I prefer Sinnoh to Hoenn, you as a Lucario fan should be happy about that.

Oh. We know it's faults.

It's just what it gets right, it REALLY gets right.
The only thing they really got right was the legendary pokemon designs and some of the normal pokemon available, other than that everything else was just bland and boring.

Of course they do, they probably just accept those faults and enjoy the region regardless.

I mean, I could list the number of faults in Sinnoh for instance, but that doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable for others.
A majority of the faults you would list were probably fixed by Platinum.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Oh wonderful, and here I thought people knew about Hoenn's faults as a region.
I'm aware Hoenn isn't perfect. It's just that right now Hoenn is the "fan favourite" region right now and insulting it is sure to lead to a wonderful little show.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
A majority of the faults you would list were probably fixed by Platinum.
You mean like the constant revisits to Mt. Coronet? And the large number of HMs, one of which is easily the most useless move of all time (Defog)?

Even Platinum had its faults, though I will give it credit for making up for a good chunk of the mistakes of DP.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
You mean like the constant revisits to Mt. Coronet? And the large number of HMs, one of which is easily the most useless move of all time (Defog)?

Even Platinum had its faults, though I will give it credit for making up for a good chunk of the mistakes of DP.
Well, in Platinum, Defog was practically useless and you didn't even need to go get it if you didn't want to, not to mention it was unneeded to progress through the game. And I don't mind the revisits to Mt. Coronet, especially when the music was just so damn good.

I'm aware Hoenn isn't perfect. It's just that right now Hoenn is the "fan favourite" region right now and insulting it is sure to lead to a wonderful little show.
Really funny that's the case, especially since Pokemon's popularity was dropping around the release of Ruby/Sapphire and didn't get another boost until the release of Diamond/Pearl.

Gune

Smash Lord
Sure is on topic in here.
Let's talk about that super unique and super awesome shoe in fire emblem lord Chrom!:troll:
I prefer Sinnoh to Hoenn, you as a Lucario fan should be happy about that.
Its just that hoen was my first pokemon game I played on my own great memories and stuff so its kinda special to me, I like sinnoh and freaking Love Lucario but Hoen gave me metagross and started the whole steel type love for me.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Let's talk about that super unique and super awesome shoe in fire emblem lord Chrom!:troll:

Its just that hoen was my first pokemon I played on my own great memories and stuff so its kinda special to me I like sinnoh and freaking Love Lucario but Hoen gave me metagross and started the whole steel type love for me.
Don't get me wrong when I say Hoenn isn't awesome, I don't hate Hoenn, I don't hate any region, but this is the region I found the least amount of enjoyment in overall and, to me, it left the least amount of impact for re-playability, especially since some story parts are so tacked on it hurts, especially in Emerald.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It's a shame that most of my fellow Hoenn fans are ones who had R/S/E as their first Pokemon game.
I've been with the series since the Gen 1 days when the cards were a fad.

*off topic*

Gune

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong when I say Hoenn isn't awesome, I don't hate Hoenn, I don't hate any region, but this is the region I found the least amount of enjoyment in overall and, to me, it left the least amount of impact for re-playability, especially since some story parts are so tacked on it hurts, especially in Emerald.
Oh I know what you meant and by no means did I think you hated R/S/E the game had its flaws and everything I know, personally I thought it was to easy so I see where your coming from.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh I know what you meant and by no means did I think you hated R/S/E the game had its flaws and everything I know, personally I thought it was to easy so I see where your coming from.
I don't know about too easy...I always started with Treecko so I wasn't super-OP with Blaziken (Which I could care less for) or Swampert, but when the story asks you a question that you MUST have played the previous iterations to know the answer to or even know where it is, there's something wrong here.

Anyways...on-topic:

I think our next snapshot will be Pikachu and Yveltal. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom