• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My question, is how will it impact you playing ssb4 if dr. kawashima wasn't added? would you be sad, happy, etc.?
Well as of right now, it's understandable. But I hope Sakurai stretches his imaginitive brain to its limits.

Animal Crossing Sable >>> Prince Sable. :awesome:

But in all seriousness, I don't know much about Prince Sable. So yeah, I don't really have an opinion on him.
You can always check out the Prince Sable thread, I totally recommend it.

D

Deleted member

It CAN work, that's a given, but that doesn't mean it's likely. This is Sakurai, he's done his fair share of creating movesets for what we would assume to be unorthodox characters with no official way of combat, but even then...it's ultimately up to Sakurai if he wants his team to take the time to develop said character, and since they're pressed for time and they probably have a few newcomers in mind, more will likely come in mind in the coming months as I can assume the roster is far from set-in-stone, I don't see Kawashima being one of said newcomers, and Nintendogs...well, we already saw the 3DS stage.
Doesn't stop a Nintencat version of his cat. :troll:

YES I KNOW HIS CAT'S SPECIES ISN'T AVAILABLE IN NINTENDOGS + CATS SHUT UP

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Why are we talking about Blue characters so much lately?
Tom Nook, Kawashima, now Sable, and probably Nintendog or Mr. Hanafuda later.
I'm starting a new topic.
What would be the best possible Wario-style costume changes for characters?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Animal Crossing Sable >>> Prince Sable. :awesome:

But in all seriousness, I don't know much about Prince Sable. So yeah, I don't really have an opinion on him.
I wouldn't be surprised, a majority of people didn't know who he was before the fake leak with his name amongst several other newcomers, but he's mainly the main protagonist of a classic GB RPG named "For the Frog the Bell Tolls". It had an intricate battle system and pretty good music, but it was a Japan-only game and from what I can remember, not too popular either. I wouldn't see him being picked over the likes of a character like Muddy Mole.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Cmon, it's a much more interesting discussion than asking "will Warioware get a new rep."

I wouldn't be surprised, a majority of people didn't know who he was before the fake leak with his name amongst several other newcomers, but he's mainly the main protagonist of a classic GB RPG named "For the Frog the Bell Tolls". It had an intricate battle system and pretty good music, but it was a Japan-only game and from what I can remember, not too popular either. I wouldn't see him being picked over the likes of a character like Muddy Mole.
Mr. Resetti is the much better option for a mole character.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Cmon, it's a much more interesting discussion than asking "will Warioware get a new rep."
Wario characters are pretty interesting though.
Mona, Jimmy T, 9-Volt, Ashley, and best case scenario Captain Syrup would be great.

Edit: Wait, did you think that was the conversation I was bringing up?
I was asking what would be ideal costume changes, not characters.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
How is this any different from Brawl?
I don't expect Nintendo or Sakurai to include Snake when his new game is coming out and it's not coming out on their console that desperately needs help selling. If anything, I see Ninty throwing Bayonetta in for Bayo2 promotion, a game that is not only coming out on their console, but is exclusive to it.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't expect Nintendo or Sakurai to include Snake when his new game is coming out and it's not coming out on their console that desperately needs help selling. If anything, I see Ninty throwing Bayonetta in for Bayo2 promotion, a game that is not only coming out on their console, but is exclusive to it.
You mean just like during Brawl's developement?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Bowser - Dry Bowser
King K.Rool - Kaptain K.Rool/Baron K. Roolenstein
Sonic - Metal Sonic
Snake - Old Snake
MegaMan - No-Helmet MegaMan (Dat fabulous hair)
Toon Link - Outset Island Outfit (I wish)

Doesn't stop a Nintencat version of his cat. :troll:

YES I KNOW HIS CAT'S SPECIES ISN'T AVAILABLE IN NINTENDOGS + CATS SHUT UP
I smell another easter egg on Pokemon Stadium 3. :p

speaking of which, although the game wasn't perfect, I think the Pokemon Stadium being based of this would be very visually impressive:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd also like to add Outset Island Link, Dark Bowser and Dry Bowser, and perhaps make Pokemon Trainer look a bit different for some palettes. (assuming that no new Pokemon Trainer will get in)

Also, if Pichu ends up coming back somehow, give it a Spiky-eared Pichu costume swap and a Pikahcu-colored Pichu swap as well.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Anyway, in terms of alternate costumes. I'd like to see Outset Toon Link and Ordon Link. And maybe a female equivalent of Villager and Pokemon Trainer.

Dr. Mario and Awakening Marth would be cool too now that I think about it.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
You mean just like during Brawl's developement?
Just because it happened during Brawl doesn't mean it's going to happen this time. Have we forgotten why Snake got in, because Kojima asked for Snake to be put in. It happened, now what? Snake's return kind of matters if Kojima wants to keep him in or not.

Plus, like 64 with the SNES, Melee with the 64, Brawl was a celebration of the GameCube for the most part, and Snake actually had a game on the GC.

This time around, Nintendo has Bayonetta, who is a much much bigger priority than Snake is.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would like these alternate costumes.
Mario-Dr. Mario
Luigi-Mr. L
Peach-Shadow Queen would be nice
Bowser-Dry
King K. Rool-Obvious Choices
Yoshi-Boshi
Wario-Already Done
Zelda-Skyward Sword
Sheik-Impa
Ganondorf-Depends on what design he is based on. OOT or Twilight Princess.
Toon Link-Outset Island or Young Link
Samus-Fusion
Meta Knight-Galacta Knight
Dedede-Masked
Pikachu-Pichu
Pokémon Trainer-May
Mewtwo-Armored
Lucario-Mega (if not Final Smash)
Marth-Roy
Ike-Radiant Dawn
Ness-Ninten
Sonic-Metal Sonic
Mega Man-Proto Man maybe
Villager-Female
WFT-Male
Ones I didn't do I'm not so sure.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
....What?
Do you honestly think that Snake, a character who has never had a big release on a Nintendo console, is more of a priority than Bayonetta, a character who is from Platinum Games, a developer extremely close with Nintendo, and has her newest release on the Wii U only? Bwahaha.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Guys what would happen if we got this Professor Layton instead :troll:?

Floating head-like characters = lasers shooting out of hands = a bunch of tier lists later on after the game's release assuming the floating head character is another metaknight (cheap character). Then complaints would fly in.

^ Future prediction btw.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Just because it happened during Brawl doesn't mean it's going to happen this time. Have we forgotten why Snake got in, because Kojima asked for Snake to be put in. It happened, now what? Snake's return kind of matters if Kojima wants to keep him in or not.

Plus, like 64 with the SNES, Melee with the 64, Brawl was a celebration of the GameCube for the most part, and Snake actually had a game on the GC.

This time around, Nintendo has Bayonetta, who is a much much bigger priority than Snake is.
Yes but does Bayonetta have the popularity in the levels of Snake? Thats the question, the same can be argued why instead of Bayonetta the spot should be for Wonder Red a new Nintendo IP developed by Platinum Games.
.n_n.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

It does depend on if he wants him back. However, he still has a good shot. He got a game for the 3DS and is kind of the reason we have Soonic in Brawl and SSB4.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Do you honestly think that Snake, a character who has never had a big release on a Nintendo console, is more of a priority than Bayonetta, a character who is from Platinum Games, a developer extremely close with Nintendo, and has her newest release on the Wii U only? Bwahaha.
Considering one is actually a veteran and an extremely famous character from a company with ties to Nintendo and the other is practically a nobody compared to the other...yes...yes I do.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
It does depend on if he wants him back. However, he still has a good shot. He got a game for the 3DS and is kind of the reason we have Soonic in Brawl and SSB4.
We have Sonic because he was a highly requested character and SEGA has a close relationship with Nintendo, which is why a lot of Sonic games are only on Nintendo consoles.

Nintendo has more reason to put in Bayonetta or really most any other third-party character than they do Snake.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think most characters have a few good choices. Though I'm not sure what Sonic or Game and Watch would get.

Mario - Strikers outfit or Doctor Mario.
Bowser - Dry Bowser
Peach - Strikers outfit
Luigi - Mr.L
Megaman - Helmet-less or Normal Clothes
Toon Link - Outset clothes
Villager - Female version
Pit - Multi-player costume
Samus - Fusion suit or Original Power suit
Donkey Kong - Funky Kong
Zelda - Orcarina of Time
Ganondorf - Orcarina of Time

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Considering one is actually a veteran and an extremely famous character from a company with ties to Nintendo and the other is practically a nobody compared to the other...yes...yes I do.
Because veteran status matters a bunch when it comes to third-party.

Konami hasn't had any big deals with Nintendo in recent years, their relationship is okay at best. Platinum and Nintendo are bros, hence why a good amount of Platinum games are on Ninendo consoles only.

It's better to except that Snake is not coming back now than later.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
We have Sonic because he was a highly requested character and SEGA has a close relationship with Nintendo, which is why a lot of Sonic games are only on Nintendo consoles.

Nintendo has more reason to put in Bayonetta or really most any other third-party character than they do Snake.
The sad thing is you are not Sakurai and the Man has the last words on who to add or who dosen´t, believe or not.
.n_n.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
This isn't mainstream Nintendo, this is Sora and Sakurai's decision. And as for the choice of other third parties...if that's the case...why didn't they do that in Brawl? It's no different now than it was then. In fact, it's quite similar (New MGS game coming soon, Smash coming out same year as new MGS game)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Because veteran status matters a bunch when it comes to third-party.

Konami hasn't had any big deals with Nintendo in recent years, their relationship is okay at best. Platinum and Nintendo are bros, hence why a good amount of Platinum games are on Ninendo consoles only.

It's better to except that Snake is not coming back now than later.
Still doesn't mean Snake will definitely not be coming back.

And it's spelled "accept"

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
And also considering the whole "****off smash idiots" thing, it seems Bayonetta is unlikely at this point.
Yeah because a Twitter feud is really going to keep a character from getting in. :lol

Bayonetta 2 is exclusive to Nintendo, the developers have said they would like her in Smash 4, Nintendo can use her appearance to promote Bayo2, a lot of fans want Bayonetta, and does the Snake side have that?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
This isn't mainstream Nintendo, this is Sora and Sakurai's decision. And as for the choice of other third parties...if that's the case...why didn't they do that in Brawl? It's no different now than it was then. In fact, it's quite similar (New MGS game coming soon, Smash coming out same year as new MGS game)
Do you really expect to see Snake revealed to celebrate MGS V, and have a link to the website on his character page when the game isn't even on Wii U? Are you serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom