• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think you are misunderstanding something, Napoleon or President what is called, is the character in the back of the Hanafuda Cards is like Nintendo put Julius Cesar instead of Napoleon. The character will not represent Napoleon, he will represent the Hanafuda Cards and will have abilities that represent the game, if you have so many problems with the character because it looks like Napoleon I think you can imagine him in Smash like a general or a soldier, I think if we receive a character that is based in the Hanafuda cards probably will be a character that resembles Napoleon but with a little twist so it can get differenced from it and the people would not get confused like you.
.n_n.
People can make as many excuses all they want. These will never change that Napoleon Bonaparte being playable will still represent Napoleon Bonaparte, Dr. Kawashima will represent Dr. Kawashima (a real person), Nintendog will represent animal abuse, and Dark Pit is still a pallet swap of Pit.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I see everyone as their avatar. I still to this day think MorbidAltruism is that guy cracking his knuckles in the avatar. Even though she's a girl.
So you think I'm some kind of gentleman with a pair of shades, a top quality top hat and a fancy mustache? Why, I feel flattered~

....So how 'bout that Napoleon Bonaparte, guys?
I heard his horse is white.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Making a pretty cool stage of Hanafuda which would better and just as feasibly represent it>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wasting a slot on a card game unrelated to video games

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody else find it weird how people categorise characters around here sometimes?

Like at first, people were saying there is a "WTF rep" in each game, but now Wii Fit Trainer has been announced, all of a sudden there also needs to be a "history rep".

This sort of framing of thinking within the boards is probably why regulars here so often over-estimate the chances of characters who are in fact incredibly unlikely, yet hugely under-estimate the chances of characters who actually should have been seen as shoo-ins all along, only realising after they are announced.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
But Dr. Kawashima is a legitimate prediction.
Brain Age is a very popular Nintendo series like Wii Fit and Animal Crossing that it can warrant Dr. Kawashima to be a playable character in the game. But really, the uniqueness of a floating head that fights makes it different from the rest of the Smash cast would make Sakurai add him, just like WFT and Villager.
Well I guess he's still an understandable guess, I myself do like to say that Brain Age is a popular Nintendo franchise these days. I still don't personally think we'd see him make it playable, but more like a definite assist trophy (assuming they will be returning, which I really hope they do).
I also still feel that bringing back Brawl veterans would be a bit more high priority over Kawashima, since their really isn't any real support for him as a playable character.

So I'll say that I can live with Kawashima as a character, but only if every Brawl vet is on the roster as well (I will make an exception for Snake though, since it would make some sense if he couldn't make it back in). So just please try to fit Ike back in there (Over Tom Nook maybe? While I may appreciate seeing him making it in, he really seems like a filler character).

@Dark Pit
As much as I like the character and feel that he could be unique, I don't see anything past alternate palette at this point.

But if you compare him to Dark Link you clearly know little to nothing about the character, the two are vastly different. Pittoo is more comparable to Dark Samus.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Does anybody else find it weird how people categorise characters around here sometimes?

Like at first, people were saying there is a "WTF rep" in each game, but now Wii Fit Trainer has been announced, all of a sudden there also needs to be a "history rep".

This sort of framing of thinking within the boards is probably why regulars here so often over-estimate the chances of characters who are in fact incredibly unlikely, yet hugely under-estimate the chances of characters who actually should have been seen as shoo-ins all along, only realising after they are announced.
A history character is not a requirement, especially not this time around. And WTF is not a category on the roster.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be talking about people supporting random characters if I were you, Arcadenik.

So, discussion's on Pittoo now, eh.
Don't personally care for him though I am obligated to defend him seeing as I'm his thread's maker.

It is true that Dark Pit himself isn't that much different from Pit, but he can easily have a different fighting style by using his signature weapon outside the Silver Bow, the Dark Pit Staff, as his primary weapon (which Sakurai seems to acknowledge, going by that one pic on his Twitter that seems like a cover-up).
There are also other weapons available to him that Pit does not use in Smash, some of which better reflect Pittoo, such as the Ogre Club and the Pandora Claws (I imagine a Berserker Rush styled attack with them).
Also, he can either be made more aerial based than Pit is to reflect his infinite Power of Flight when he absorbed Pandora or be more grounded than Pit to reflect when Pandora freed herself and not be able to fly.

Though he is definitely not the best option available (Palutena comes to mind), he's still a reasonable option nonetheless.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I think we don't need another hardware character, I'm pretty sure Wii Fit Trainer fits that bill.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054

Ya I do find it strange.

WFT was right in front of us all along, and no one saw it. She isnt your typical Nintendo allstar to be fair. But I see really strange ideas now that it happened. Ive seen "WFT is in, so anything is possible" too many times. That situation should have taight us to think outside the box, but it gave people the chance to justify crazy ideas and forgetting who is important.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Still, it'd be really weird to see a character that is pretty much physically identical to an already existing character get in and occupy a separate slot.

Outside of Melee, of course :drmario: :younglinkmelee: :pichumelee:

?????????????

Smash Master
Making a pretty cool stage of Hanafuda which would better and just as feasibly represent it>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wasting a slot on a card game unrelated to video games
I just gotta mention for the sake of consistency......

I would view a Hanafuda representative as an appropriate selection for SSB because it is still a Nintendo thing, even if it is not a video game character. It's similar to my defense for Meowth as a viable Pokemon, though I don't have any personal desire for a Hanafuda character. I just don't think it would be a "wasted slot".

I guess what I'm trying to say is...I hate the term "wasted slot." As long as they're Nintendo characters, the game is promising me what it promised me, and what I want.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well I guess he's still an understandable guess, I myself do like to say that Brain Age is a popular Nintendo franchise these days. I still don't personally think we'd see him make it playable, but more like a definite assist trophy (assuming they will be returning, which I really hope they do).
I also still feel that bringing back Brawl veterans would be a bit more high priority over Kawashima, since their really isn't any real support for him as a playable character.

So I'll say that I can live with Kawashima as a character, but only if every Brawl vet is on the roster as well (I will make an exception for Snake though, since it would make some sense if he couldn't make it back in). So just please try to fit Ike back in there (Over Tom Nook maybe? While I may appreciate seeing him making it in, see seems like a filler character).

@Dark Pit
As much as I like the character and feel that he could be unique, I don't see anything past alternate palette at this point.

But if you compare him to Dark Link you clearly know little to nothing about the character, the two are vastly different. Pittoo is more comparable to Dark Samus.
Yeah let's name Dark Pit Pittoo. That actually sounds like a good idea.

D

Deleted member

I'd be confused as to why Palutena was apparently not the go-to KI Newcomer, though I honestly wouldn't care since I'm not really interested in either.

EDIT: The only one I'd be interested in has no chance in Hades. (Pun heavily intended)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'd be confused as to why Palutena was apparently not the go-to KI Newcomer, though I honestly wouldn't care since I'm not really interested in either.

EDIT: The only one I'd be interested in has no chance in Hades. (Pun heavily intended)
Yes I do prefer Hades over Palutena actually. Maybe if we could have some more KI games coming up soon.

courte

Smash Lord
i never thought i'd actually be glad to be here. i had just returned from the b.orchid part of town in the killer instinct thread and let me say... i'm so glad to see you derps again. i still think you're some of the worst, but god dammit if you haven't rubbed off on me. that place was... 6 dominoes pizzas and masturbating 20 times in one day dark. like nirvana super fan the instant he found out about kobain dark.

promise me you guys will never spend more than 12 pages of posts on boobs and butt, k? Zero Samus is fine, in or out.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
so since it happens to be "lets all talk about KI day" what are the chances do you guys think that we'll more than 1 newcomer, or the chances of not even getting a newcomer

D

Deleted member

Getting more than 1? Not likely.
Not getting even 1? Believable, but farfetched.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The only Kid Icarus characters I want are Pit, Palutena, and Medusa. These three would complete the Kid Icarus series for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom