• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I feel like Wii Fit Trainer's reveal significantly lowered the fans' expectations and now more people are asking for random characters like N64 Logo and Napoleon Bonaparte and palette swaps like Dark Pit and Dark Link as separate characters. :facepalm:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I'm crossing my fingers for Dark Pit, he would be a good third KI rep. And pretty good for a neat last semi-clone.

Do we really need "Dark archetypal" characters? That would only set precedence for Dark Samus and Dark Link, who are exceedingly more iconic, and far-more-likely. Besides, I would prefer Medusa or Hades, instead, because they actually stand out aesthetically enough and, from what I assume, are actually more integral to their series.

Can they work as semi-clones, or even as original characters? Undoubtedly. Yet, there are much more practical, even realistic, alternates to choose from, in my opinion.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's not the fact that they are bad choices. It's the fact that she keeps acting like we lack knowledge of these characters and games because we don't agree with her. And after we all prove why these characters can't work, she still adds them and uses the same invalid defense before once again proceeding to ask us "Pffft! HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED NINTENDOGS!?"
Blue is a GIRL?
I mean, that's what I thought at first, but I kind of convinced myself (s)he was a dude.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Blue is a GIRL?
I mean, that's what I thought at first, but I kind of convinced myself (s)he was a dude.
I see everyone as their avatar. I still to this day think MorbidAltruism is that guy cracking his knuckles in the avatar. Even though she's a girl.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Blue is a GIRL?
Never forget that on the Internet, all men are men, all women are men, and all children are the FBI.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I do this also.
Always.
You just keep getting better and better

I feel like Wii Fit Trainer's reveal significantly lowered the fans' expectations and now more people are asking for random characters like N64 Logo and Napoleon Bonaparte and palette swaps like Dark Pit and Dark Link as separate characters. :facepalm:
WHY!? Wii Fit Trainer is deserving in every way and makes perfect sense!

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace

The N64 logo was started off as a joking substitute against the Diskun character (suggested by TheDivineDeity, no less). Then Mega Bidoof took it seriously enough to make a joke thread out of it. I don't actually think anybody takes the character concept seriously, anyways.

You can make the case that the Warioware Wario has a more unique persona. It's still the same character in a different costume.

Don't give me a heart attack with that avatar.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm getting pretty damn tired of you constantly questioning what games I've played because I don't give in to your god awful roster decisions.

Dr. Mario has different clothing and a more unique persona. Dark Pit is just black Pit who gets in Pit's way.
IT WAS A DIRECT REPLY TO ME!!!!!!! Who the hell did you think you were asking??? :facepalm:
So, stop asking him if he's played uprising. Stop asking people what games they've played because they explain how illogical you're stupid choice is.

I'm pretty sure he has played uprising and that is why he knows why Dark Pit does NOT work.

"Pffft! HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED NINTENDOGS!?"
hey Saturn, man you need to chill out mate. blue and me were just talking how we would have liked dark pit into the game. you don't need to hate on blue just because of her opinion mate. this is not the place for insults

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
.........................................................................So how 'bout that Napoleon Bonaparte, guys?

Espio264

Smash Ace
It's not the fact that they are bad choices. It's the fact that she keeps acting like we lack knowledge of these characters and games because we don't agree with her. And after we all prove why these characters can't work, she still adds them and uses the same invalid defense before once again proceeding to ask us "Pffft! HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED NINTENDOGS!?"

I'm only one of the many people to call a choice stupid, and one of the few to direct it to a choice that actually deserves it.
This is how I feel every time you push Starfy on us, but I don't condescend to you.

Don't give me a heart attack with that avatar.
I had to do it man. It's just too cool.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
This is how I feel every time you push Starfy on us, but I don't condescend to you.
You're comparing a well deserving franchise that had 5 installments to a color swap. And I don't even act like you haven't played Starfy or don't know about him. You have no reason to be condescending.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
WHY!? Wii Fit Trainer is deserving in every way and makes perfect sense!
I am not talking about Wii Fit Trainer herself... I am talking about how some people see Wii Fit Trainer as someone who opened the floodgates for random characters. At least Wii Fit Trainer makes sense because not only does she have the appropriate body type for fighting but she is also not a clone of an existing character nor an alternate version of an existing character and she comes from a franchise that sold millions of units within the last five years.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, come on now, Dairotyo is no where near as pathetic a concept as something like the N64 logo. We're almost guaranteed to get another history character since both Brawl AND Melee had one, and he's quite possibly the most reasonable concept.

Espio264

Smash Ace
You're comparing a well deserving franchise that had 5 installments to a color swap. And I don't even act like you haven't played Starfy or don't know about him. You have no reason to be condescending.
No, I'm comparing your defense of Starfy to every time someone considers characters that you don't agree with. I completely forgot about Dark Pit, I was thinking about Blue's gallery of unorthodox suggestions. I don't think a lot of these choices are likely or even in the realm of possibility, the same way I feel about Starfy, but when you defend him, I acknowledge your opinion as your own and don't proceed to imply that you're a moron like you've been doing here with Blue's hypothetical roster decisions.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hey, come on now, Dairotyo is no where near as pathetic a concept as something like the N64 logo. We're almost guaranteed to get another history character since both Brawl AND Melee had one, and he's quite possibly the most reasonable concept.
Only thing we gotta know is which concept of Hanafuda will he be taking. Daitouryou? Nintendouji? But easily it's Daitouryou.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I am not talking about Wii Fit Trainer herself... I am talking about how some people see Wii Fit Trainer as someone who opened the floodgates for random characters. At least Wii Fit Trainer makes sense because not only does she have the appropriate body type for fighting but she is also not a clone of an existing character nor an alternate version of an existing character and she comes from a franchise that sold millions of units within the last five years.
I can't tell you how many people put some bozo like Geno in their roster and went like "Yeah, but Wii Fit Trainer!!!!"

Good logic guys! You didn't expect Wii Fit Trainer, this means Sakurai will add any character for the sole reason of us not expecting a nominee because we know they would never work.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I feel Starfy deserves to be in Smash... but it is depressing that he hasn't had a new game since 2008 (Japan) or 2009 (North America).... I wish TOSE would make Legendary Starfy 6 for the 3DS...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wii Fit Trainer does make sense. She is a new IP, represents an unrepresented franchise, and comes from a popular game. People who use Wii Fit might be lured to the new Smash if they find out their virtual personal trainer is in kicking ass.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Dude, we NEVER got history character in Smash (if you're referring to company history). We only got Hardware characters. The only part of Nintendo's history that will be represented is the parts related to the gaming industry. Maybe we will get a Hanafuda stage. (Which would make WAY more sense)

I feel Starfy deserves to be in Smash... but it is depressing that he hasn't had a new game since 2008 (Japan) or 2009 (North America).... I wish TOSE would make Legendary Starfy 6 for the 3DS...
That could very well happen.

No, I'm comparing your defense of Starfy to every time someone considers characters that you don't agree with. I completely forgot about Dark Pit, I was thinking about Blue's gallery of unorthodox suggestions. I don't think a lot of these choices are likely or even in the realm of possibility, the same way I feel about Starfy, but when you defend him, I acknowledge your opinion as your own and don't proceed to imply that you're a moron like you've been doing here with Blue's hypothetical roster decisions.
Again, because I don't question you're intelligence when you do like BluePikmin11 constantly does. Apples & Oranges.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Noah, you're really getting snappy and taking this stuff WAAAAY too seriously. Chill the f*** out.

I'm with Blue, Dark Pit would be a cool character to see (Not likely, but cool none of the less)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Dude, we NEVER got history character in Smash (if you're referring to company history). We only got Hardware characters. The only part of Nintendo's history that will be represented is the parts related to the gaming industry. Maybe we will get a Hanafuda stage. (Which would make WAY more sense)
most people just refer Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B (and to some people I know Wii fit trainer) as history character. mainly because they represent huge moments in Nintendo history

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that Takamaru as the retro character choice is mostly unanimous... but most of the arguments regarding retro characters seem to be about who could be the second retro character.... someone to be SSB4's equivalent of Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B... SaturnGamer supports Diskun, I support Duck Hunt Dog, BluePikmin supports Napoleon Bonaparte or whoever she feels like supporting at the moment, etc.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Again, because I don't question you're intelligence when you do like BluePikmin11 constantly does. Apples & Oranges.
Fine. I'll give you that. Different situations. Maybe I'll come around to Starfy. I'm glad you don't question my intelligence. Also, your grammar is incorrect.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think that Takamaru as the retro character choice is mostly unanimous... but most of the arguments regarding retro characters seem to be about who could be the second retro character.... someone to be SSB4's equivalent of Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B... SaturnGamer supports Diskun, I support Duck Hunt Dog, BluePikmin supports Napoleon Bonaparte or whoever she feels like supporting at the moment, etc.
I support Mach Rider. :p I'd love to have a character in a fighting game that uses a bike in some of his moves that DOESN'T suck.

?????????????

Smash Master
I like Dark Pit as a character, but I have a bias against "dark" characters in general. Not as much as "baby" characters, but still.

What I WOULD like is if Dark Pit was still a costume for Pit (with purple eyes now, of course) but the costume change also changed his voice.

Probably not gonna happen, but I like little things like that. Like individualized victory themes, or how the music changes in Pokemon BW when a gym leader is on their last Pokemon.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Dude, we NEVER got history character in Smash (if you're referring to company history). We only got Hardware characters. The only part of Nintendo's history that will be represented is the parts related to the gaming industry. Maybe we will get a Hanafuda stage. (Which would make WAY more sense).
I think you are misunderstanding something, Napoleon or President what is called, is the character in the back of the Hanafuda Cards is like Nintendo put Julius Cesar instead of Napoleon. The character will not represent Napoleon, he will represent the Hanafuda Cards and will have abilities that represent the game, if you have so many problems with the character because it looks like Napoleon I think you can imagine him in Smash like a general or a soldier, I think if we receive a character that is based in the Hanafuda cards probably will be a character that resembles Napoleon but with a little twist so it can get differenced from it and the people would not get confused like you.
.n_n.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How would a Hanafuda stage work? It is just a set of playing cards... unless you are suggesting that we fight on floating playing cards while more playing cards float in the background.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I see Dr. Mario as just Mario in his doctor's outfit and not a separate entity... it is like that troll on GameFAQs who insisted that Daisy in her sports outfit is a separate entity from from Daisy in her princess dress.
Dr. Mario was treated as a separate being/character in Melee, so he's his own character in the Smash Bros games.

-----

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

8 bit Waddle Dee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom