• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What's funny is that if it weren't for 5 Pokemon characters. Plusle & Minun makes perfect sense. They're they best Gen 3 representative and advertised the most, even alongside Pikachu, he represents the team battles that were a new concept and gen 3, add another duo to the roster, and replace Pichu.

Eh, I like BluePikmin's predictions. It brings some difference to the thread.
I'd pick Ninten, Medusa, and Sheriff over Dark Pit, Hades, or Hanafuda.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If it was a last-minute semi-clone, I think Dark Pit fits the bill.
Nope. Medusa would. She has more recurrence, importance, and she's not a pallet swap.

The only Kid Icarus characters I want are Pit, Palutena, and Medusa. These three would complete the Kid Icarus series for me.
Then you would have loved my 5.1 Roster.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
6 dominoes pizzas
2spooky4me
I'd say it's a 50/50 chance or so to get just one newcomer.
So basically just like every other plausible character? I find people rating characters 50/50 kinda dumb, because in the end they're either in or they're not.
I mean pretty much everybody not named Little Mac is 50/50 (considering the heavily Punch-Out!! inspired boxing arena).

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
What's funny is that if it weren't for 5 Pokemon characters. Plusle & Minun makes perfect sense. They're they best Gen 3 representative and advertised the most, even alongside Pikachu, he represents the team battles that were a new concept and gen 3, add another duo to the roster, and replace Pichu.
Wait a minute... it all make sense now!

Young Link and Pichu were both meant to be in Brawl! One as Toon Link, the other as Plusle and Minun! So they were all going to be in the game!

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If he had the most data, but was not included in the game then that was an intentional decision. Time restraints means a decision has to be made and that decision was intentional.
Then let me rephrase that, there's no reason to believe that he was cut with the intention of always being a scrapable character. Time constraints may've just forced his hand.

I do not think it is coincidental, but only Sakurai really knows for sure. Perhaps, Mewtwo's Shadow Ball would have different stats.
Considering that moves of the same (or similar) properties like Bowser's Fire Breath and Charizard's Flamethrower are present, yes it can be coincidental.

Both moves act the same with the instant death charge. But saying the move was taken from Roy is speculative. Ike did have his B move replaced. This we know. And if Roy's data file was around there is definitely motivation to take his move.
It's completely conjecture to assume that what you're saying was the case, there is no proof on the matter that Ike's move is derived from Roy's. Besides, Sakurai gave his reason for the replacement as he felt it was broken, that's it, there's nothing else to it that he added and thus basing a theory off of that is completely unsupported.

Just because one move is similar doesn't mean that said character was meant to be their replacement.

Priority was given to Lucario. So you can argue that Lucario was not cut for Mewtwo. I still disagree. But what is a fact is that Lucario had priority over Mewtwo (a veteran, non-clone character) to be added in the roster.
Yeah, so did PT and Jigglypuff, Lucario is not a special snowflake, they're in the exact same boat as him. All three were prioritized over Mewtwo, but that doesn't mean any of them were intended to be his replacements.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
So basically just like every other plausible character? I find people rating characters 50/50 kinda dumb, because in the end they're either in or they're not.
I mean pretty much everybody not named Little Mac is 50/50 (considering the heavily Punch-Out!! inspired boxing arena).
Bad choice of words, so sue me.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Mewtwo was never a scrapable character. Other Newcomers were just more important. (with the exception of Jigglypuff)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
i never thought i'd actually be glad to be here. i had just returned from the b.orchid part of town in the killer instinct thread and let me say... i'm so glad to see you derps again. i still think you're some of the worst, but god dammit if you haven't rubbed off on me. that place was... 6 dominoes pizzas and masturbating 20 times in one day dark. like nirvana super fan the instant he found out about kobain dark.

promise me you guys will never spend more than 12 pages of posts on boobs and butt, k? Zero Samus is fine, in or out.
MemeCenter_1382049239776_303.jpg2.jpg

also on your other point, I can't give you any promise
when that photo of Wii fit trainer was released a week ago people probably filled an entire page or two just talking about her ***

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

If that was the case, why did Pichu's damage gimmick transfer to Lucario (albeit it being heavily reworked)? I don't know about you, but considering what Golden has said about Pra_Mai, it makes more sense to believe that Pichu was removed in favor of Lucario. At least to me, anyways.
Bad choice of words, so sue me.
Oh don't worry, I'll see you in court.

D

Deleted member

Only reason I would be ok if Funky Kong was in as a clone is that he would get a "Funky Punch".

.....seriously, how can one not like that?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It would be near impossible to. Despite what people say, his moveset potential is quite low. Only things he's got is the Koopa Klown Car and his Magic Paintbrush. That's not a lot.
He's also got Shells........and.........spinning (oh wait Bowser's got that.).................eh......

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Not to say that it really was Plusle & Minun, but what's the relevance?
We have two characters from the most recent generations (at the times of both games) with some sort of character gimmick relating to their damage meter.

Seems pretty relatable to me.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I see everyone as their avatar. I still to this day think MorbidAltruism is that guy cracking his knuckles in the avatar. Even though she's a girl.
Woah woah woah...Vin Diesel, I mean Morbid, is a girl? My world just imploded. Next you'll be telling me the cake is a lie or something.

Don't personally care for him though I am obligated to defend him seeing as I'm his thread's maker.
I feel like you're obligated to defend every character, seeing as that's always what happens when I bad mouth characters. Except Jigglypuff.

D

Deleted member

It would be near impossible to. Despite what people say, his moveset potential is quite low. Only things he's got is the Koopa Klown Car and his Magic Paintbrush. That's not a lot.
Actually, that is a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom