• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Again, it's the most recent poll done to this date for both countries, unless you count smaller websites with less than a thousand people voting. So again, until they make a new poll for both America and Japan, I'm right and this conversation is over. PS: The Japan one was actually made rather recently, after the release of Black 2/White 2 I might add.
This poll was before the reveal of X & Y, Extreme Speed Genesect, and Super Smash Brothers 4. Three MAJOR events I might add!!!! These 3 incredibly important events basically overturn those results! So keep saying you are right with no merit. That's who was popular then. We are discussing who is more popular NOW. If you can't answer that after being asked a million times, why I am I sitting here expecting you to answer it this time?

As for Smash, basically every newcomer is going to be more requested than a veteran since veterans don't really require requests.

Dude please, GIVE IT A REST! ENOUGH, NOW!!
I might as well, he refuses to answer the main question.

Gune

Smash Lord
Again, it's the most recent poll done to this date for both countries, unless you count smaller websites with less than a thousand people voting. So again, until they make a new poll for both America and Japan, I'm right and this conversation is over. PS: The Japan one was actually made rather recently, after the release of Black 2/White 2 I might add.

Edit: Also, with said poll being less than a year ago, you really think Lucario can get such a huge popularity spike to pass the likes of Big Bad Mewtwo who, as I said, already had eleven years of never-dwindling popularity to back him up? Give me a break...
What does popularity have to do with importance? That was the original topic right?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
PAPER MARIO.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF HIM? ANYONE?
Meh. I'd rather have Toad or Bowser Jr., honestly.

Retro character to make it, who will be? Takamaru, Mach Rider, Donbe and Hikari, Lip or DeMille?
.n_n.
Takamaru. Sister series to LoZ like KI is to Metroid. It's the obvious choice and only speculators have really thought about it; for everyone else, it'd be a great surprise.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The question was who is CURRENTLY more popular.

If you don't have a poll that takes place after the reveal of Super Smash Brothers 4, Extreme Speed Genesect, Mega Lucario, and Pokemon X & freaking Y, then stop parading around proclaiming yourself right with no merit.

PAPER MARIO.
Most logical choice for a Mario character.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
This poll was before the reveal of X & Y, Extreme Speed Genesect, and Super Smash Brothers 4. Three MAJOR events I might add!!!! These 3 incredibly important events basically overturn those results! So keep saying you are right with no merit. That's who was popular then. We are discussing who is more popular NOW. If you can't answer that after being asked a million times, why I am I sitting here expecting you to answer it this time?

As for Smash, basically every newcomer is going to be more requested than a veteran since veterans don't really require requests.
With those three things, being big things revolving around Mewtwo, Mewtwo has only gone up, Lucario being around the same as Black 2/White 2. You're basically saying "Why not include something that easily makes one the obvious winner?"

And again, it should be common sense to know it's obviously Mewtwo...I mean come on...IT'S MEWTWO.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
With those three things, being big things revolving around Mewtwo, Mewtwo has only gone up, Lucario being around the same as Black 2/White 2. You're basically saying "Why not include something that easily makes one the obvious winner?"

And again, it should be common sense to know it's obviously Mewtwo...I mean come on...IT'S MEWTWO.
I disagree. Currently Lucario has been way more advertised than Black & White, had a Mega Evolution, and even official artwork of him fighting Mega Mewtwo. He's been pushed up pretty close to Mewtwo.

Whenever SaturnGamer is arguing
View attachment 3344
Hotfeet444:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I disagree. Currently Lucario has been way more advertised than Black & White, had a Mega Evolution, and even official artwork of him fighting Mega Mewtwo. He's been pushed up pretty close to Mewtwo.
Again, around the same as Black 2/White 2, the only thing he mainly got was a Mega Evolution, that's all, one piece of artwork isn't much, especially when you actually see Mega Charizard and Mega Mewtwo fighting in the intro, not Mega Lucario and Mega Mewtwo. I mean, Mawile had official art as a Mega Evolution, it must be as imortant as Mewtwo as well. :p Same with Scizor...and Heracross...and Houndoom...and every other pokemon that got a Mega Evolution. :p

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Again, around the same as Black 2/White 2, the only thing he mainly got was a Mega Evolution, that's all, one piece of artwork isn't much, especially when you actually see Mega Charizard and Mega Mewtwo fighting in the intro, not Mega Lucario and Mega Mewtwo. I mean, Mawile had official art as a Mega Evolution, it must be as imortant as Mewtwo as well. :p Same with Scizor...and Heracross...and Houndoom...and every other pokemon that got a Mega Evolution. :p
Those last 3, I didn't even know had Mega evolutions, heck I guess there's alot I don't know yet.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I only liked those last few posts because Mr. Krabs.

Anyway, here's a reaction question- (not saying I find him likely, he isn't likely at all) What if this character from a certain Paper Mario game got in?

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Once again, this poll is not recent. This is about who is CURRENTLY more popular for the millionth time, Hotfeet.

Edit: Also, with said poll being less than a year ago, you really think Lucario can get such a huge popularity spike to pass the likes of Big Bad Mewtwo who, as I said, already had eleven years of never-dwindling popularity to back him up? Give me a break...
I vote that these two are potential debate rivals, all in favor say I.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Whenever SaturnGamer is arguing
Yet SaturnGamer has not responded to my response to his response to my response that I don't think he's even aware of.
Anyway, here's a reaction question- (not saying I find him likely, he isn't likely at all) What if this character from a certain Paper Mario game got in?
0/10 needs more RAWK :3

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
His Mega Evolution is seen most in the trailers after Mewtwo and again fighting alongside Mewtwo in Artwork and against Blaziken in that retrospective Pokemon video. Also Mawile did not have artwork of her fighting Mewtwo. Lucario got much more than that Mega Evolution, there is still the X & Y advertising and spin off games.

Mewtwo is currently more popular at the time, but not WAY more than Lucario.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Yet SaturnGamer has not responded to my response to his response to my response that I don't think he's even aware of.
I swear to god you are the only person who doesn't show up in my alerts and I don't know why. I apologize.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I swear to god you are the only person who doesn't show up in my alerts and I don't know why.
I trust you, we'll get around to discussing again sometime, eh?

Anyways, I'm going to make a roster prediction. We will get no more than 100 characters. I can't be wrong.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
His Mega Evolution is seen most in the trailers after Mewtwo and again fighting alongside Mewtwo in Artwork and against Blaziken in that retrospective Pokemon video. Also Mawile did not have artwork of her fighting Mewtwo. Lucario got much more than that Mega Evolution, there is still the X & Y advertising and spin off games.

Mewtwo is currently more popular at the time, but not WAY more than Lucario.
Again, all the evolutions are seen in the trailer after Mewtwo, all of them at the same time in fact, all in a row. And if we're talking about the advertising for X and Y, the most attention clearly goes to Mewtwo as that's the pokemon they're pushing the most. And again, a few things do not equal 11 amazing years of popularity, being shown on the same battlefield doesn't make them equals in popularity or importance. It's like the President going to a poor village and taking a photo with a young man and saying that said young man is as famous as the president, it makes no sense. For someone who claimed to be a genwunner at one point, you really don't know alot about the incredibly influence Mewtwo had on the players of the original games, it dwarfs any accomplishment Lucario has ever had.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I trust you, we'll get around to discussing again sometime, eh?

Anyways, I'm going to make a roster prediction. We will get no more than 100 characters. I can't be wrong.
So obvious I think the roster limit for me is 60 characters, (That doesn't include transformations)
And the fact that the 3DS has limitations proves you can't have 100 characters.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562

If he were to make it into smash 4 his attacks would mainly focus on dimension manipulation, being tricky to approach.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Could you also say Rosalina has a chance be in Smash as a character.
I could argue that SMG games were one of the best Mario games of all time, and Rosalina could be there to represent that accomplishment.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So obvious I think the roster limit for me is 60 characters, (That doesn't include transformations)
And the fact that the 3DS has limitations proves you can't have 100 characters.
Psh you don't even knoooooooooow
Like, what if randomly we get a far more efficient code that revolutionizes game programs, like, what. 3DS wouldn't mean much theeeeeeeeeeeen.
Or we could get a 100 clones. It could happen, it's realistic, therefore if my prediction comes true you all should totally submit to my superior foresight.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Could you also say Rosalina has a chance be in Smash as a character.
I could argue that SMG games were one of the best Mario games of all time, and Rosalina could be there to represent that accomplishment.
I personally don't see it happening. Mainly because there are so many other Nintendo characters that are ultimately more deserving.

Gune

Smash Lord
Again, all the evolutions are seen in the trailer after Mewtwo, all of them at the same time in fact, all in a row. And if we're talking about the advertising for X and Y, the most attention clearly goes to Mewtwo as that's the pokemon they're pushing the most. And again, a few things do not equal 11 amazing years of popularity, being shown on the same battlefield doesn't make them equals in popularity or importance. It's like the President going to a poor village and taking a photo with a young man and saying that said young man is as famous as the president, it makes no sense. For someone who claimed to be a genwunner at one point, you really don't know alot about the incredibly influence Mewtwo had on the players of the original games, it dwarfs any accomplishment Lucario has ever had.
Nostalgia makes everything seem more important in comparison.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Good lord enough with the "representation" already. If Rosalina gets in it won't be because of SMG's success.
I don't know, I'm just saying.
What could her moves be, space attacks, she could control gravity for attacks.

Now, now, SaturnGamer and Hotfeet... calm down... and have make-up sex. :smirk:
*Imagines Luigi and Felicia making up*
Oh dear..

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Mewtwo and Lucario are both very important, but Mewtwo is easily the most important and popular of the two.
But say Mewtwo and Lucario switched places. If Lucario was a legendary back in Gen 1, he would be the more popular one. If Lucario had a movie based on his mega evolution, he would be the most important at the moment.
The truth is, Mewtwo's popularity and importance comes from his inclusion in the first games and his new movie.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't know, I'm just saying.
What could her moves be, space attacks, she could control gravity for attacks.
If she's throwing players around? You can kind of already do that with regular grabs. I don't know what else she could do with gravity otherwise.

I really don't see much potential in Rosalina. Maybe she could shoot star bits. Not much else I can think of.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
PAPER MARIO.

Well, out of all the prospective Mario characters he definitely brings the most to the table. Since his proportions -- and plane of existence for that matter -- are greatly different than Mario's, I'm nor worried about a Dr. Mario situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom