• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Guyz! I hate to interrupt, but I while I was playing through Y and found something that all but confirms a certain someone...

Clearly Nintendo/Gamefreak is acknowledging his importance! :troll:
Not I mention reggirock, reggice, reggisteel, and reggigigas.

They don't have to do with Bidoofs and Patrick Star running for president.
Not Bidoofs. One Bidoof, me.

But they do have to do with master cheif

And I also got through a whole Friday night making 5 too damn high posts and not getting banned.
Not sure if lucky, or awesome

Probably lucky

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Last time we had this discussion I asked you to bring up the polls and you simply refused to do so. Also, keep calling people kid. I'm sure it'll prove you're non existent point eventually.

Prove to me right here and now with legitimate proff that Mewtwo is currently "WAY" more popular and advertised than Lucario. Emphasis on the word "Way".
Alright, let's begin. First off...let's take a look at the franchise as a whole, we're currently six generations of Pokemon into the series and officially have 718 known pokemon in the series. The series was started back in 1996 in Japan, and as of then, there was one pokemon that everyone loved and everyone feared, it was Mewtwo. Mewtwo was an almighty God of death in said times and continued to do so for the next three years as his first games came to America, and the popularity for Mewtwo rose incredibly and continued to grow as years went on, only getting bigger as the years have passed on.

Over the years, Mewtwo has remained one of the most prominent pokemon in the games, appearing in every single generation save for the second and when he was included, he was made a final challenge, the final part of a game so that the hardworking fans would have to work to get their hands on this amazing pokemon. Mewtwo has never had his popularity dwindle, it's never waned, it's only continue to go up year after year, always having his appearance known in one way or another, be it through the games or the anime, or even a smaller movie special in "Mewtwo Returns".

Then, by the year 2007, Mewtwo and his region had gone silent for a while, and the new games, Diamond and Pearl, were on their way with a new Pokemon in tow, Lucario. The reception of Lucario was not as large as Lucario, obviously considering one was an almost unknown pokemon and one was a legendary monster in more ways than one, but people came to adore Lucario, and it led the way for the 4th gen as a mascot of sorts along with the two main legendaries, Dialga and Palkia. These years were good to Lucario, and they saw him through even into the next generation, although it would be three years between Lucario's next return, also including his appearance in Super Smash Bros Brawl which boosted his popularity even more. Lucario was at his peak as of 2009, and was appreciated by fans all over the world. And even then, the fans of Mewtwo were still as strongly supporting of their mighty legendary as the year 2010 came around and Mewtwo was once again the ultimate obtainable pokemon as he was revered to be, this time with a ton of new moves at his disposal and more options for mix-ups.

Then came the year of 2012, last year, the release of Black 2/White 2, Lucario somewhat leading the headway although a majority of the attention was on the new pokemon Genesect and the Kyurem formes, but Lucario still stood out somewhat, and was able to be loved by players who loved him in the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum days of Pokemon, where Mewtwo was nowhere to be seen, only obtainable as a one-year anniversary pokemon for Black/White 1. Now, Game Freak wanted to return to their routes for Gen 6, go back to many mechanices of Gen 1 and bring back alot of the Gen 1 pokemon, and they needed the ultimate Gen 1 Pokemon to do so...who else but Mewtwo? Mewtwo was brought back to the limelight and the Mewtwo fanbase grew even more, fans were ecstatic, Mewtwo had come back to Pokemon in style, being the poster boy of the new gen and the face of Mega Evolution, people were thrilled to bits.

So in short, the proof that Mewtwo is more popular...is in the linneage of the series. Mewtwo has had 11 more years to gain popularity than Lucario, and his popularity has never dwindled, it's only gotten stronger and stronger, making him one of the most popular, soon to someday be the most, popular pokemon of all time. He's loved, he's revered, he's had more impact on the fans of the franchise than you can imagine. Lucario may be popular, but as history shows, Mewtwo is easily still on top.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
BUT ON THIS THREAD! DO YOU READ HALF THE POSTS!
That doesn't make it okay for you to do it. You shouldn't influence others to do so. This thread has been WAY off topic lately. To the point where it is a thread of a completley different subject: Character Reveals. We've also been doing Project M, SSF, and people playing Pokemon X & Y.

Alright, let's begin. First off...let's take a look at the franchise as a whole, we're currently six generations of Pokemon into the series and officially have 718 known pokemon in the series. The series was started back in 1996 in Japan, and as of then, there was one pokemon that everyone loved and everyone feared, it was Mewtwo. Mewtwo was an almighty God of death in said times and continued to do so for the next three years as his first games came to America, and the popularity for Mewtwo rose incredibly and continued to grow as years went on, only getting bigger as the years have passed on.

Over the years, Mewtwo has remained one of the most prominent pokemon in the games, appearing in every single generation save for the second and when he was included, he was made a final challenge, the final part of a game so that the hardworking fans would have to work to get their hands on this amazing pokemon. Mewtwo has never had his popularity dwindle, it's never waned, it's only continue to go up year after year, always having his appearance known in one way or another, be it through the games or the anime, or even a smaller movie special in "Mewtwo Returns".

Then, by the year 2007, Mewtwo and his region had gone silent for a while, and the new games, Diamond and Pearl, were on their way with a new Pokemon in tow, Lucario. The reception of Lucario was not as large as Lucario, obviously considering one was an almost unknown pokemon and one was a legendary monster in more ways than one, but people came to adore Lucario, and it led the way for the 4th gen as a mascot of sorts along with the two main legendaries, Dialga and Palkia. These years were good to Lucario, and they saw him through even into the next generation, although it would be three years between Lucario's next return, also including his appearance in Super Smash Bros Brawl which boosted his popularity even more. Lucario was at his peak as of 2009, and was appreciated by fans all over the world. And even then, the fans of Mewtwo were still as strongly supporting of their mighty legendary as the year 2010 came around and Mewtwo was once again the ultimate obtainable pokemon as he was revered to be, this time with a ton of new moves at his disposal and more options for mix-ups.

Then came the year of 2012, last year, the release of Black 2/White 2, Lucario somewhat leading the headway although a majority of the attention was on the new pokemon Genesect and the Kyurem formes, but Lucario still stood out somewhat, and was able to be loved by players who loved him in the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum days of Pokemon, where Mewtwo was nowhere to be seen, only obtainable as a one-year anniversary pokemon for Black/White 1. Now, Game Freak wanted to return to their routes for Gen 6, go back to many mechanices of Gen 1 and bring back alot of the Gen 1 pokemon, and they needed the ultimate Gen 1 Pokemon to do so...who else but Mewtwo? Mewtwo was brought back to the limelight and the Mewtwo fanbase grew even more, fans were ecstatic, Mewtwo had come back to Pokemon in style, being the poster boy of the new gen and the face of Mega Evolution, people were thrilled to bits.

So in short, the proof that Mewtwo is more popular...is in the linneage of the series. Mewtwo has had 11 more years to gain popularity than Lucario, and his popularity has never dwindled, it's only gotten stronger and stronger, making him one of the most popular, soon to someday be the most, popular pokemon of all time. He's loved, he's revered, he's had more impact on the fans of the franchise than you can imagine. Lucario may be popular, but as history shows, Mewtwo is easily still on top.
I asked you to prove (with polls specifically) who is CURRENTLY more POPULAR. And again you did not. Not who has been more iconic and significant in the past. Also judging by what you HAVE posted, they seem pretty evenly matched in popularity.

So again, you have not answered my questions, done as you said you would, or prove that Mewtwo is more popular than Lucario to the point that their popularity is incomparable or that it's even that far apart. So please try to do that in your next post.

Not to choose sides, but can you post your poll that MegaLucario is more popular too?
Actually we are on the Pokemon themselves, not their Mega Evolutions.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
That doesn't make it okay for you to do it. You shouldn't influence others to do so. This thread has been WAY off topic lately. To the point where it is a thread of a completley different subject: Character Reveals. We've also been doing Project M, SSF, and people playing Pokemon X & Y.

I asked you to prove (with polls specifically) who is CURRENTLY more POPULAR. And again you did not. Not who has been more iconic and significant in the past. Also judging by what you HAVE posted, they seem pretty evenly matched in popularity.

Oh, well if it's just the Pokemon itself, on the IGN poll Mewtwo got 2nd in the poll and Lucario was in the 20's I believe, somewhere around there.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Correcting people and telling them what to do isn't on topic either

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Oh, well if it's just the Pokemon itself, on the IGN poll Mewtwo got 2nd in the poll and Lucario was in the 20's I believe, somewhere around there.
Well
  • What year was this poll made?
  • Why is this poll more credible than other polls?
  • How many people participated?
  • Was this based on preference or who is more well known?
I don't really deem a poll as a completely credible resource until it has yet to resemble other polls.

Correcting people and telling them what to do isn't on topic either
I don't mean to command you to do anything. I just want everyone on topic. And at least me telling you to do so is me trying to GET back on topic. Not to mention I had a related topic under it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Well
I don't really deem a poll as a completely credible resource until it has yet to resemble other polls.

I don't mean to command you to do anything. I just want everyone on topic. And at least me telling you to do so is me trying to GET back on topic. Not to mention I had a related topic under it.
Well

• What year was this post made
• Why are you asking so many questions
• Why can't we get back on topic
• Why is SaturnGamer think Sakurai cares about fan popularity when not referring to a third party

I don't really deem SaturnGamer as a credible source.

Autumn ♫

Well

I don't have the exact details but,
The poll was made sometime during generation 5
Because IGN is usually trusted by a good amount of people I believe
It says well over 14 million, which isn't as high as my power level yet
Most likely preference since it mentions favorite's.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

So again, you have not answered my questions, done as you said you would, or prove that Mewtwo is more popular than Lucario to the point that their popularity is incomparable or that it's even that far apart. So please try to do that in your next post.
The history of the franchise and the reception difference of both characters speak for themselves, it's common sense, if you can't understand that, then you're not worth my time.

But if you want it so bad, Japan voted on the most popular pokemon...they chose Arceus...Mewtwo was number 7 on the list and Lucario was nowhere to be found in the top 20. And of course, the IGN Poll, practically the American vote of things, put Mewtwo at number two and Lucario, once again, in the low twenties. And I could also give out the numerous polls for Smash Bros returning characters and Mewtwo wiping the floor with them, but that's quite obvious.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace

http://www.ign.com/top/pokemon

Is this the representative poll you are referring to? If it is, then you are correct. Lucario actually stands lower than your original estimation of the twenties - he stands at #32. Mewtwo, on the other hand, stands at a greatly esteemed #2, only behind Charizard at #1.

Autumn ♫

The history of the franchise and the reception difference of both characters speak for themselves, it's common sense, if you can't understand that, then you're not worth my time.

But if you want it so bad, Japan voted on the most popular pokemon...they chose Arceus...Mewtwo was number 7 on the list and Lucario was nowhere to be found in the top 20. And of course, the IGN Poll, practically the American vote of things, put Mewtwo at number one. And I could also give out the numerous polls for Smash Bros returning characters and Mewtwo wiping the floor with them, but that's quite obvious.
It put Mewtwo at Number 2, Charizard was at number 1

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Here's a topic:

If each "main series" got a new character, who'd they be? (Retro counts as a series).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well

• What year was this post made 2013
• Why are you asking so many questions Because it's a debate and I want to know if the opposing side can credit and prove their side
• Why can't we get back on topic We are on topic. The topic is whether Lucario or Mewtwo is more popular and by how much.
• Why is SaturnGamer think Sakurai cares about fan popularity when not referring to a third party Because he wants the hottest Pokemon when picking.

I don't really deem SaturnGamer as a credible source.
All I did was ask that we get back on topic. I tell everyone that, it's not personal.
Yeah, I don't know if we should base this off a poll made before Smash 4 or Pokemon X & Y was announced/shown off.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It was made very early on in Gen 5 (the first month IIRC) and it used a rather flawed system to get its results. Basically, it was a "pick your favorite out of the two," which could lead to some fans picking the lesser of two evils and it oftentimes repeated the same Pokémon multiple times over others (for instance, Dragonite appeared quite a bit for me). So it's not the best results we have for determining who's more favorable over others.

Having said that, obvious favorites (like Charizard) and underdogs (like Zekrom) probably did get their positions based on themselves so I would imagine that Mewtwo would probably still be high on the poll even if it wasn't in the same position.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
http://www.ign.com/top/pokemon

Is this the representative poll you are referring to? If it is, then you are correct. Lucario actually stands lower than your original estimation of the twenties - he stands as number 32. Mewtwo, on the other hand, stands at a greatly esteemed number 2, only behind Charizard at number 1.
Number 3 is Blastoise
Blue/Green as a second Trainer anyone?
Blastoise, Charmeleon, Bulbasaur

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I swear this thread has caused more conflict among users than any other

What was the start of the conflict between Hotfeet and Saturn? Whichever of you or whatever started it, will you ever give it a rest?

On the plus side, it's not as bad as the old Brawl character support threads were....

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I swear this thread has caused more conflict among users than any other

What was the start of the conflict between Hotfeet and Saturn? Whichever of you or whatever started it, will you ever give it a rest?

On the plus side, it's not as bad as the old Brawl character support threads were....
I already stated and proved everything I have to, I'm done with that...I'm going to play Pokemon X. :p

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I have a fairly lenient college schedule. I already beat the game, finished it yesterday. I was impressed, the game is amazing. It has certainly made me a born-again Pokemon fan. There is a huge discrepancy though. In my first 10 hours, I only had one badge. After that, the badges are really close to each other. It is a little awkward. I am STILL waiting on my Pokemon reveal. SAKURAI!!!!!!!!!
Speaking of X and Y I bought both earlier today, and the graphics are breathtaking, I noticed it when I started playing and I was in awe literally.

Gune

Smash Lord
This is getting ridiculous.... I already explained how they are equally important, I dont see why one has to be better than the other every damn time cant we just be civil for ounce?

Edit: Originally this conversation was about importance where hell did popularity come from?
Popularity=/=Importance.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Once again, this poll is not recent. This is about who is CURRENTLY more popular for the millionth time, Hotfeet.
Again, it's the most recent poll done to this date for both countries, unless you count smaller websites with less than a thousand people voting. So again, until they make a new poll for both America and Japan, I'm right and this conversation is over. PS: The Japan one was actually made rather recently, after the release of Black 2/White 2 I might add.

Edit: Also, with said poll being less than a year ago, you really think Lucario can get such a huge popularity spike to pass the likes of Big Bad Mewtwo who, as I said, already had eleven years of never-dwindling popularity to back him up? Give me a break...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom