• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Dante from DMC should most DEFINITELY be announced soon.
Only if it is the new Dante. Classic Dante is so over rated... like Charizard! Mewtwo got two Mega Evolutions based on his merit. Charizard, on the other hand, only got two Megas because he is over rated. That isn't antithetical at all!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's not my problem you know little to nothing about popularity statistics in Pokemon. Then again, this isn't the first time you've tried to argue about something you know little to nothing about, I expect the same outcome...
And you base this accusation on what I might ask? Can't i just as well say that YOU don't know anything about the popularity of Pokemon? What exactly implied that I might know less about it than you do? Because you're Hotfeet??? I mean you're the one going around saying that Mewtwo is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more popular than Lucario when he is not that much more popular. Iconic, maybe. But, still not by as much as you boldly claim.

As I said, he's overrated so he gets special billing
Let me guess: THIS DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE YOU SAY SO! We had this same problem with Impa, Classic Link, and Dixie Kong and now here it is again for Pokemon.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Somebody bring out the "Dis Gun B Good" and "popcorn" gifs. If my calculations are correct, We'll see why in a minute.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
They used Lucario because not only could they not use Mewtwo (A third badge gym-leader using a Mewtwo? Really? No) but because they needed a pokemon that while not as popular, not even close in fact although it's very popular, was very recognizable. I can guarantee you though, if the Pikachu family got a Mega Forme, that would have been the family you first used a Mega Evolution for, as it is the most recognizable family of Pokemon and extremely popular amongst both Pokemon players and pokemon beginners.
They could've used him in the Tower of Mastery and just have had Lucario be a random Mega to give if they wanted but they didn't. Just like Pikachu didn't get a Mega. The fact of the matter is that Lucario did get billing on all of those things over Mewtwo or Pikachu, saying "well, if they did B..." doesn't change that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Lucario's moveset would probably be revamped if he returns, given how bland it was. His martial arts-type moves were overshadowed by him blasting aura everywhere. And most of his specials were uncreative and bland as well, at least, in my opinion.

Gune

Smash Lord
Feel free to fuse Charizard with a Bidoof, but with your typing you aren't going anywhere near Mewtwo. :p Especially when he can use your trademark attack better than you can. :p
Why does everyone gotta use my move?! I don't see anyone but zoroark using night daze but everyone gots to have my damn aurasphere...posers...

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
And you base this accusation on what I might ask? Can't i just as well say that YOU don't know anything about the popularity of Pokemon? What exactly implied that I might know less about it than you do? I mean you're the one going around saying that Mewtwo is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more popular than Lucario when he is not that much more popular. Iconic, maybe. But, still not by as much as you boldly claim.

Let me guess: THIS DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE YOU SAY SO! We had this same problem with Impa, Classic Link, and Dixie Kong and now here it is again for Pokemon.
Don't reply to me unless you actually reply to everything. Your bit-by-bit replying is stale and obnoxious. And not as much as I boldly claim? Prove me wrong then...prove me wrong, I know you have a horrible time at doing such, but please, do entertain me and try to prove me wrong...just like you tried to prove that Zero Suit Samus is so much different than Samus...and failed...

And this doesn't count because I say so? No, kid, I'm not giving you an opportunity to waste more space in the thread by posting that same damn Breaking Bad video over and over again. And you're still on about Dixie Kong? And you say I can't forget the past...look who's bringing up the past...AGAIN. You need to practice what you preach.

Morbi

Scavenger
Lucario's moveset would probably be revamped if he returns, given how bland it was. His martial arts-type moves were overshadowed by him blasting aura everywhere. And most of his specials were uncreative and bland as well, at least, in my opinion.
Lucario was actually my favorite newcomer, he barely beat Ike, but still. He was very fun and well thought out in my opinion. I am glad that he was an aura blasting fiend. I wouldn't want a Machoke like move set. We will be getting Little Mac for a nice close quarters fighter based on boxing. Lucario should keep the aura.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Don't reply to me unless you actually reply to everything. Your bit-by-bit replying is stale and obnoxious. And not as much as I boldly claim? Prove me wrong then...prove me wrong, I know you have a horrible time at doing such, but please, do entertain me and try to prove me wrong...just like you tried to prove that Zero Suit Samus is so much different than Samus...and failed...

And this doesn't count because I say so? No, kid, I'm not giving you an opportunity to waste more space in the thread by posting that same damn Breaking Bad video over and over again. And you're still on about Dixie Kong? And you say I can't forget the past...look who's bringing up the past...AGAIN. You need to practice what you preach.
Stop changing the subject and answer the questions as addressed to you for once, please.

Also

Asking me to prove you wrong doesn't change that I already did and/or have asked you to prove yourself right in the first place.

Morbi

Scavenger

It is ironic because you are the party with the burden of proof. That made me laugh.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Stop changing the subject and answer the questions a adressed to you for once, please.

Also

Asking me to prove you wrong doesn't change that I already did and or have asked you to prove yourself right in the first place.
You didn't prove me wrong, that's the point kid. And I have brought up numerous polls from Pokemon sites, for draws for special event pokemon in Japan, and guess what...Mewtwo is always near the top or almost always on the top choices for Event download Pokemon. Also, nice job avoid the fact that you're a hypocrite with your last remark on your previous comment, good job, A+.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
You didn't prove me wrong, that's the point kid. And I have brought up numerous polls from Pokemon sites, for draws for special event pokemon in Japan, and guess what...Mewtwo is always near the top or almost always on the top choices for Event download Pokemon. Also, nice job avoid the fact that you're a hypocrite with your last remark on your previous comment, good job, A+.
A+? So does he get a treat?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Lucario was actually my favorite newcomer, he barely beat Ike, but still. He was very fun and well thought out in my opinion. I am glad that he was an aura blasting fiend. I wouldn't want a Machoke like move set. We will be getting Little Mac for a nice close quarters fighter based on boxing. Lucario should keep the aura.
The specials are my main issue, they weren't very creative. I'm sure something could be used to replace just another counter move, at least. I like what was done with Lucario's D-aerial and his N-special, but, perosnally I find his overall moveset to be rather bland.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Last time we had this discussion I asked you to bring up the polls and you simply refused to do so. Also, keep calling people kid. I'm sure it'll prove you're non existent point eventually.

Prove to me right here and now with legitimate proof that Mewtwo is currently "WAY" more popular and advertised than Lucario and that their popularity is purely incomparable.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Again, Bomberman has more Nintendo affiliation and requests. It's unfair to compare these 2. It isn't Super Konami Bros.
After googling for a while, I've got this:

[collapse='Some Bomberman games for Nintendo consoles']
Bomberman (NES)
Bomberman II (NES)
Bomberman B-Daman (Super Famicom)
Super Bomberman 1-5 (SNES/Super Famicon)
Pocket Bomberman (GB)
Wario Blast: ft. Bomberman (GB)
Bomberman GB 2 (GB)
Bomberman GB 3 (GB)
Bomberman 64 (N64)
Bomberman Hero (N64)
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack (N64)
Bomberman Quest (GB)
Bomberman Max (GB)
Bomberman Tournament (GBA)
Bomberman Max 2 (GBA)
Bomberman 64 (unrelated to the previously mentioned one) (N64, Japan only)
Bomberman Jetters (GCN)
Bomberman Generations (GCN)
Bomberman Land 2 (GCN, Japan only)
Bomberman DS (NDS)
Bomberman Land (Wii)
Bomberman Blast (WiiWare)[/collapse]
Bomberman had more than 24 games on Nintendo consoles plus a crossover (Wario Blast), not including spin-offs.

[collapse='As for Castlevania...']
Castlevania (NES)
Castlevania II (NES)
Castlevania: The Adventure (GB)
Castlevania III (NES)
Castlevania II (GB)
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Castlevania: Dracula X (SNES)
Castlevania Legends (GB)
Castlevania 64 (N64)
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins(NDS)
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadows: Mirror of Fate (N3DS)[/collapse]
Castlevania had about 17 games on Nintendo consoles, not including spin-offs

So yeah, while Bomberman CLEARLY had more appearances on Nintendo consoles than the Castlevania series (plus a crossover), I still believe that both characters are highly iconic and, amounts of games aside, they both share a long history with Nintendo. Maybe Bomberman has a higher priority over Belmont in terms of relations to Nintendo, but both are about as easily as recognized with Ninty as the other (at least from my point of view)

But yeah, there's that.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I just wanted to let everyone know I will be running or president in 2016
image.jpg

I will be competing against Patrick Star of Bikini Bottom
image.jpg

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey guys, instead of arguing about it, I think I'm just going to PLAY some Pokémon.
While still keeping an eye on this thread, of course.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Guyz! I hate to interrupt, but I while I was playing through Y and found something that all but confirms a certain someone...

IMG_20131016_135328.jpg

Clearly Nintendo/Gamefreak is acknowledging his importance! :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom