• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, sure, I ain't got no respect for someone who puts Anime characters in their Smash Bros game.
That's the point of the game, to bring non-Nintendo characters in the game that Smash could not allow too many of.

Malamar is definintely gonna be a part of my team.

And I haven't played Crusade, but I greatly enjoy SSF2. Black Mage is my main. (I'm trying to get ued to Lloyd though, but I find him hard to master)

Back to what this thread was made for, roster discussion. What's your pick for a second Wario character?
Jimmy T. for me.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, I actually just cut Pangoro out of it when I got Mewtwo. Dude's still a badass though.

Charizard, Chesnaut, Tyrantrum, Snorlax, Lapras, and Mewtwo.
I'm somewhat of the same in that regard, as I had a Lucario but got rid of it for Mewtwo...for obvious reasons. :p

Delphox, Blastoise, Ampharos, Sylveon, Yveltal, Mewtwo

PS: Oblivion Wing + Big Root = Broken

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I mean what'd you expect? It's the same people, spewing the same arguments, wanting the same things to happen. I know I'm guilty of this. People very rarely change their opinions here.
The only way opinions change is when characters actually are confirmed in the game.

Remember... they ignore supporters for character X, then they troll supporters for character X, then they flame supporters for character X, then supporters for character X win when character X gets confirmed.

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm somewhat of the same in that regard, as I had a Lucario but got rid of it for Mewtwo...for obvious reasons. :p

Delphox, Blastoise, Ampharos, Sylveon, Yveltal, Mewtwo
I wound up not using my Xerneas. Dude was Lv. 50 while my dudes were Lv. 70.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What if Yoshi becomes the fifth Mario character? I think it it'd be best choice since he has the least distinction from the Mario Universe and would make people realize we have more than 4 Mario characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What if Yoshi becomes the fifth Mario character? I think it it'd be best choice since he has the least distinction from the Mario Universe and would make people realize we have more than 4 Mario characters.
No. Yoshi will never get the Mushroom icon.

?????????????

Smash Master
Yoshi's his own dude. I think the thing that makes that distinction is that Yoshi has starred in his own games that don't feature Mario at all.

I mean, yeah, Luigi and Peach have starred in their own games, but Yoshi's Story doesn't even have Mario in it. Doesn't look like Yarn Yoshi will either.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I wound up not using my Xerneas. Dude was Lv. 50 while my dudes were Lv. 70.
It was the same with Yveltal, but I wanted to take it for a spin since it was a new legendary, and boy was it worth getting rid of my Weavile for. Geomancy with a Power Herb has some pretty destructive results. Then again, my team is now fully level 100, and I'm already 6 badges into X.

?????????????

Smash Master
It was the same with Yveltal, but I wanted to take it for a spin since it was a new legendary, and boy was it worth getting rid of my Weavile for. Geomancy with a Power Herb has some pretty destructive results. Then again, my team is now fully level 100, and I'm already 6 badges into X.
I haven't had as much time as I'd like with work and stuff. My dudes are Lv. 80 right now.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I haven't had as much time as I'd like with work and stuff. My dudes are Lv. 80 right now.
I can understand that, College hasn't given me alot of time either, although the work-load has been light for the past week. I'm just thankful the EXP. Share takes away the hours that would be reserved for grinding, or else I'd still be in the story and not having even be able to start X.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Again, Bomberman has more Nintendo affiliation and requests. It's unfair to compare these 2. It isn't Super Konami Bros.

Just because Bomberman has more Nintendo affiliation (and even then it isn't the deal breaker, considering Snake), it doesn't necessarily mean his inclusion would be inevitable and Simon Belmont would be not be. Belmont also has important Nintendo affiliation, especially within the NES/SNES era, as attested to by the celebrated titles ranging storied Castlevanias I-IV, some renowned among the greatest games of their systems. His iconic stature, among Konami legends, rivals that of Bomberman's as well. I would argue both characters are of equal worth, when balancing them with the weight of their valuable contributions, universal appeal, and potentially skillful move-sets. It would only be a matter of Sakurai making the final choice, if such a rare occurrence were to happen.

Ultimately, if Snake is, for whatever reason, unable to return, and Konami is willing to provide a character, then Bomberman and Simon Belmont would also ultimately be the only two reasonable alternatives. So then, the comparison is appropriate.

It's not necessarily your choice in characters that bothered me, but the lack of respect in saying so (Sakurai, "utterly stupid", "incredibly obvious").

I'm personally fine with Snake, even as a large Castlevania and Bomberman fan. However, I've stated before, I feel it's only equal that, if Sonic were to get another character, it'd only be fair to give Konami a choice too, and vice versa. So unless they remove Snake, or include Tails/Knuckles, I don't think Bomberman or Simon Belmont will make it.

As you have stated.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
What is your full team BTW?
I know you didn't ask me, and I'm not far in the game, but I feel like sharing.
At the moment, it's Blaziken, Venusaur, Frogadier, Lapras, Lucario, and Absol.
Still working on it, used to have a more balanced team until awesome Pokemon like Lucario and Lapras started showing up.

Well, we do have Wario, Yoshi, and the DK Crew. Maybe we can get Dr. Mario if there is time :troll:
I don't really think that's something Sakurai would do. They are all extremely distinguishable series with many differences. DK is almost completely different than Mario, as it actually came FIRST. Wario has done enough to get his own symbol. Yoshi is a little less so than the rest, but Yoshi is, believe it or not, a pretty big Nintendo series. I don't expect any of these guys to be considered Mario characters, nor should they be.
PS: I would not be angry about Dr. Mario honestly. But Paper Mario is the better 2nd Mario.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Oh God, I almost forgot to ask a question since this is something I think would actually happen...but after playing Pokemon Y fully and six badges into X...has anyone tried to argue that Lucario is more important than Mewtwo? I know it's a load of bullS#%t but then again, we've seen dumber arguments.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At this point I find Bowser. Jr the most likely Mario newcomer. (and it would be very unlikely that Jr. would be a Bowser clone)

Actually at this point I find Paper Mario more likely, but I have a feeling that he would count as a character from the Paper Mario franchise.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I bought X and Y on October 12 (the day they came out) and I still haven't taken the plastic wrap off the boxes. I just don't have time to play new games when I am busy with schoolwork... hell, I only play Animal Crossing at least one hour a day nowadays and I have been playing it everyday since June 18. I am really itching to play it as soon the semester ends at the end of the first week of December.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If Sakurai were to a restriction of 5 characters per franchise, it's gotta be the one the best represents the franchise. In the case of Mario, it should be Toad, not Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
has anyone tried to argue that Lucario is more important than Mewtwo?
I still think Mewtwo is more important, but story-wise so far, it seems Lucario is quite important. He is the first Mega-Evolution you get to use after all.
It actually turns out that Lucario IS advertised as much as Mewtwo, but I was a little blind to that fact.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Just because Bomberman has more Nintendo affiliation (and even then it isn't the deal breaker, considering Snake), it doesn't necessarily mean his inclusion would be inevitable and Simon Belmont would be not be. Belmont also has important Nintendo affiliation, especially within the NES/SNES era, as attested to by the celebrated titles ranging storied Castlevanias I-IV, some renowned among the greatest games of their systems. His iconic stature, among Konami legends, rivals that of Bomberman's as well. I would argue both characters are of equal worth, when balancing them with the weight of their valuable contributions, universal appeal, and potentially skillful move-sets. It would only be a matter of Sakurai making the final choice, if such a rare occurrence were to happen.

Ultimately, if Snake is, for whatever reason, unable to return, and Konami is willing to provide a character, then Bomberman and Simon Belmont would also ultimately be the only two reasonable alternatives. So then, the comparison is appropriate.

It's not necessarily your choice in characters that bothered me, but the lack of respect in saying so (Sakurai, "utterly stupid", "incredibly obvious").

As you have stated.

You fixing my grammar?

(I'm embarrassed, I'm in English 10 as a freshman.)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Sakurai were to a restriction of 5 characters per franchise, it's gotta be the one the best represents the franchise. In the case of Mario, it should be Toad, not Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario.
This. This is why I have always been an advocate of Toad since pre-Melee.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I still think Mewtwo is more important, but story-wise so far, it seems Lucario is quite important. He is the first Mega-Evolution you get to use after all.
It actually turns out that Lucario IS advertised as much as Mewtwo, but I was a little blind to that fact.
Lucario is advertised alot, but as much as Mewtwo? Not a chance. As for the Mega-Evolution, it was because of the fact that Korrina was a fighting type gym leader. I'm sure if it was Clemont, it'd be Ampharos, or if it was Viola it'd be Scizor.

Gune

Smash Lord
Oh God, I almost forgot to ask a question since this is something I think would actually happen...but after playing Pokemon Y fully and six badges into X...has anyone tried to argue that Lucario is more important than Mewtwo? I know it's a load of bullS#%t but then again, we've seen dumber arguments.
Mew two is more important advertisement wise while Lucario is more important game wise and cannon wise, with all the advertisements and in game events these two receive there pretty much even in terms of importance.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At this point I find Bowser. Jr the most likely Mario newcomer. (and it would be very unlikely that Jr. would be a Bowser clone)

Actually at this point I find Paper Mario more likely, but I have a feeling that he would count as a character from the Paper Mario franchise.
Oh, sure... just like how Dr. Mario counted as a character from the Dr. Mario franchise instead of the Super Mario franchise, right? :troll:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Mew two is more important advertisement wise while Lucario is more important game wise and cannon wise, with all the advertisements and in game events these two receive there pretty much even in terms of importance.
Well what did you expect, Mewtwo to be a pokemon found in the actual story?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Lucario is advertised alot, but as much as Mewtwo? Not a chance. As for the Mega-Evolution, it was because of the fact that Korrina was a fighting type gym leader. I'm sure if it was Clemont, it'd be Ampharos, or if it was Viola it'd be Scizor.
I checked Serebii... there is a Psychic type gym leader in X & Y and Mewtwo is not part of her team. None of the Elite Four uses Mewtwo either. Is Mewtwo really important in the X & Y games? :confused:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
COUGHYearofYoshiCOUGHYarnYoshiandYoshi'sNewIslandCOUGHCOUGH
COUGHPokemonX&YCOUGHCOUGHWhat'sTheRelevanceInThis

I don't really think that's something Sakurai would do. They are all extremely distinguishable series with many differences. DK is almost completely different than Mario, as it actually came FIRST. Wario has done enough to get his own symbol. Yoshi is a little less so than the rest, but Yoshi is, believe it or not, a pretty big Nintendo series. I don't expect any of these guys to be considered Mario characters, nor should they be.
PS: I would not be angry about Dr. Mario honestly. But Paper Mario is the better 2nd Mario.

I disagree. They are just as much Mario as they are their own if not more. The fact that they are clearly related to the Mario universe should count for something and make a 5th Mario character somewhat of a lower priority than others. I do agree thought that we should have a 5th and that Paper Mario is the best choice.

Lucario is advertised alot, but as much as Mewtwo? Not a chance.
That statement is clearly false. He's just as advertised right now as Mewtwo. The only difference is that Mewtwo has a movie. I don't know why you think that puts this enormous gap between them like it's a matter of Magikarp VS Pikachu.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't think Toad is likely at this point, given how Peach already has a Toad in her special, but I'm not gonna go into further detail on that, it's been discussed before and I've seen how Toad discussions go down.

And I don't think representation matters that much. And I'm pretty sure Paper Mario has more potential than Toad or Bowser Jr.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm envious of you guys right now, I'm just past the second badge because college won't allow me any time to really playthrough the game. I'm hoping my weekend will open up so that I can finish it up, but we'll see.

Eh, whether or not that may've been the case, Lucario was still the first you used over them and thus the first you experience and recognize.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I checked Serebii... there is a Psychic type gym leader in X & Y and Mewtwo is not part of her team. None of the Elite Four uses Mewtwo either. Is Mewtwo really important in the X & Y games? :confused:
Mewtwo is the most important Pokemon in the franchise as of now, and he's legendary, when was the last time you saw a Gym Leader use a Legendary Pokemon other than the PWT DLC where you can fight Gym leaders with legendary Pokemon?

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Oh, sure... just like how Dr. Mario counted as a character from the Dr. Mario franchise instead of the Super Mario franchise, right? :troll:

There is a considerable difference, in that the Paper Mario universe would be far more impressively expansive than Dr. Mario's, in terms of bringing a whole differentiated and distinctive assortment of items, stages, music, trophies, stickers, and Adventure/Classic mode elements to Super Smash Brothers 4.

Although, if Paper Mario were to be confirmed as a character, he would more-than-likely be integrated as an inhabitant of the Mario universe. It isn't out of the realm of possibility, however, he could have his own representative universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom