• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Well... since Namco is developing SSB4, I think they would personally oversee the look, feel, actions and everything about Pac-Man instead of running off to double check with Sega and Capcom for Sonic and Mega Man. Looks like Pac-Man can butt bounce over those hurdles. :awesome:
-___- The Namco development team =/= the people Sakurai would need to run by Pac's design with. And they aren't the single developer either, they were brought in as additional help (most likely for Multiplayer balancing since, ya know, they're kinda big deals on the fighting game scene).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
-___- The Namco development team =/= the people Sakurai would need to run by Pac's design with. And they aren't the single developer either, they were brought in as additional help (most likely for Multiplayer balancing since, ya know, they're kinda big deals on the fighting game scene).
So you are saying, that you know for a fact that even though this Namco team is working on Smash it would definately not make it an easier process for Pacman than if Namco was not working on Smash? You know this?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I know that Sakurai said that Namco won't get any special treatment, but it seems like a Sakurai thing to do to add Pac-Man or someone to say thank you for helping.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
So you are saying, that you know for a fact that even though this Namco team is working on Smash it would definately not make it an easier process for Pacman than if Namco was not working on Smash? You know this?
Because, for the 2nd or 3rd time, they are not the ones Sakurai would go to in order to make sure Pac-Man is represented correctly, implemented how Namco wants, etc....And for the 2nd or 3rd time, the Namco dev team working on Smash =/= the execs Sakurai runs by the character's design with.

But sure, I guess since a Namco employee is in the vicinity, it makes it easier for Sakurai to get some contact info of the guy or guys he runs the design by :troll:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Like I said before, the chances of getting Bomberman are as high as that of getting Simon. Basically, they'd have to flip a coin to determinate who's more worthy. Hell, if they're still undecisive after that, they'd go "Screw it! Let's just put both of them!" (Not that it'll happen, though)
I don't agree in the slightest. Bomberman has more affiliation with Nintendo and more requests. Sakurai doesn't pick Third-Parties based on who represents OTHER companies the best.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know that Sakurai said that Namco won't get any special treatment, but it seems like a Sakurai thing to do to add Pac-Man or someone to say thank you for helping.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...ters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros

Sakurai contradicts himself so much... first he says that he is not adding Namco characters just because Namco is developing SSB4... and then he asks the interviewer which Namco character should Sakurai add... and when Sakurai gets "Pac-Man" as the answer, he proceeds to ask what his Final Smash would be like...

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
JK? I'm not familiar with that state.

Also guize, what's this talk about people being mean to people? People have the right to be mean to people, but the 'victims' (I can hardly call them that) are only doing it to themselves by letting it bother them.

And I don't want any characters related to anything remotely anime, so that means no Lololo and Lalala or Lolo and Lala or whatever, because they're associated or whatever, er something. Yeah, that's my excuse.

So the victims are to blame, rather than the perpetrators?

EDIT: I see you've already answered the question.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...ters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros

Sakurai contradicts himself so much... first he says that he is not adding Namco characters just because Namco is developing SSB4... and then he asks the interviewer which Namco character should Sakurai add... and when Sakurai gets "Pac-Man" as the answer, he proceeds to ask what his Final Smash would be like...

That was a rhetorical questioned posed by Sakurai, to showcase what sort of processes the development team has to go through in order to implement characters, including move-sets and Final Smashes. It is by no means a confirmation of the character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ummmm......so here's my version of the roster without 5 Mario characters.......I hate the layout :glare:
Full Roster 6.5.png

Newcomers: 13 Total
Veterans: 35 (39 Total)
Clones/Semi-Clones: 8

So 48 Characters (52 Total)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ummmm......so here's my version of the roster without 5 Mario characters.......I hate the layout :glare:
View attachment 3333

I'd be fine if this was the roster in game. No real issues here. (aside from the Mii....)

And to be honest I'm neutral towards Diskun.

?????????????

Smash Master

Looks fine to me. I still doubt Pokemon would have more characters than Mario and Roy would get in over other FE characters, but no outstanding issues or anything unreasonable. Looks good to me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That was a rhetorical questioned posed by Sakurai, to showcase what sort of processes the development team has to go through in order to implement characters, including move-sets and Final Smashes. It is by no means a confirmation of the character.
Sounds like he is open-minded to the idea of Pac-Man in Smash at the very least.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
In the event that there is any opening for a Konami character, it will be Bomberman. Sakurai would have to be utterly stupid to not make this incredibly obvious decision.

Or Simon Belmont.

I'm going to be blunt with this - saying Masahiro Sakurai would be "utterly stupid" not to include Bomberman, at least when a reasonable alternative with Simon Belmont exists, is self-importantly impertinent and disrespectfully ill-mannered.

Bomberman is certainly an important aspect to be considered as a third-party, but he isn't the only one as you make it out to be; as long as Simon Belmont occupies an existence alongside Konami, then there are two practical alternatives to choose from.

Unless, theoretically speaking, Sakurai throws a curve ball and chooses Ganbare Goemon. :troll:

Bajef8

Smash Ace
View attachment 3333

1st roster of yours that I've genuinely liked very much.
I just hate Mii so that's my only problem. Oh, and I still see a 5th Mario (Jr.) character making it.
Otherwise pretty nice roster indeed.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
Personally I can't imagine what kind of attacks could Pac-man have, even Sonic's attacks are very similars, thats the reason why I don´t like to see Pac-man in Smash, my other reason is the fact that is that introducing new 3 party characters is hard not only because the licences, even because if for example Sakurai want another character from another company probably Sakurai will tolerate the company that probably want their character is well represented, enogh to be chosen for many players, and the player if the newcamer is overpowered

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
1st roster of yours that I've genuinely liked very much.
I just hate Mii so that's my only problem. Oh, and I still see a 5th Mario (Jr.) character making it.
Otherwise pretty nice roster indeed.
Looks fine to me. I still doubt Pokemon would have more characters than Mario and Roy would get in over other FE characters, but no outstanding issues or anything unreasonable. Looks good to me.
I'd be fine if this was the roster in game. No real issues here. (aside from the Mii....)

And to be honest I'm neutral towards Diskun.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I mean what'd you expect? It's the same people, spewing the same arguments, wanting the same things to happen. I know I'm guilty of this. People very rarely change their opinions here.
Is that literally all that's happened in these past five days? Or were you guys dropping loads in your drawers from no reveal on Monday as well?

My avatar changes.
At least it's a step in the right direction, but needs moar Delphox. :p

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Or Simon Belmont.

I'm going to be blunt with this - saying Masahiro Sakurai would be "utterly stupid" not to include Bomberman, at least when a reasonable alternative with Simon Belmont exists, is self-importantly impertinent and disrespectfully ill-mannered.

Bomberman is certainly an important aspect to be considered as a third-party, but he isn't the only one as you make it out to be; as long as Simon Belmont occupies an existence alongside Konami, then there are two practical alternatives to choose from.

Unless, theoretically speaking, Sakurai throws a curve ball and chooses Ganbare Goemon. :troll:

I'm personally fine with Snake, even as a large Castlevania and Bomberman fan. However, I've stated before, I feel it's only equal that, if Sonic were to get another character, it'd only be fair to give Konami a choice too, and vice versa. So unless they remove Snake, or include Tails/Knuckles, I don't think Bomberman or Simon Belmont will make it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't plan to participate in another Pac-man argument after the last time I was involved with one.

I'd rather argue Bomberman and I hardly know anything about him or his franchise. Heck I'd rather argue another Pokemon character than Pac-man again.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Rude, they work hard to replicate Smash Bros.
I'm just saying he's more creative and that Mcleod Gaming makes Smash decisions I don't approve of.

Or Simon Belmont.

Again, Bomberman has more Nintendo affiliation and requests. It's unfair to compare these 2. It isn't Super Konami Bros.

Things never change around here...do they?
At least the character reveal predictions are done with............for now... :facepalm:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I've played most of the popular fan-games for Smash (SSF2 & SSBC), and they're both very good games at points. If I had to pick a favorite, it'd be Crusade, but Flash 2 has it's moments. For instance, I preferred their version of Mega Man over Crusade's, but Crusade's cast is better and is a lot more fun to play with (although Goku isn't exactly my favorite...)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Greninja all the way.

I'm considering changing my avatar to Charmander soon, but not until October passes. Oogie Boogie will be my avatar until then.

?????????????

Smash Master
A starter with above-average stats, fast as well as offensive, decent defensive abilities, and quite possibly the most refreshing starter in a long time. That Fire/Psychic goes a long way. As for Pangoro...I've got one word for it...Sylveon. :p
I gots my Charizard and Mewtwo. Fire and Psychic were covered. But that's my party.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Greninja all the way.

I'm considering changing my avatar to Charmander soon, but not until October passes. Oogie Boogie will be my avatar until then.

Keep Oogie Boogie. I adore Nightmare Before Christmas, and Halloween in general.

Keep in the spirit, guys!

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I gots my Charizard and Mewtwo. Fire and Psychic were covered. But that's my party.
What is your full team BTW?

I just go say bluntly that I prefer Flash's balance for characters over Crusade's giant roster. (Let's not debate though)
Yeah, sure, I ain't got no respect for someone who puts Anime characters in their Smash Bros game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Malamar is definintely gonna be a part of my team.

And I haven't played Crusade, but I greatly enjoy SSF2. Black Mage is my main. (I'm trying to get ued to Lloyd though, but I find him hard to master)

Back to what this thread was made for, roster discussion. What's your pick for a second Wario character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom