• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

courte

Smash Lord
I've been recently thinking a couple things regarding what we haven't seen yet.

Yoshi. Why hasn't he been shown yet? He's a major Nintendo character, and one who has been a starter in every Smash game. I'm thinking he may be getting a noticeable move set overhaul. Why else wouldn't we have seen him yet? They don't need to save him just to try and promote Yarn Yoshi or whatever, that's like saving Mario and releasing him to promote a Mario game. Or do I dare say, it's like saving a Pokemon reveal for X/Y. Yoshi is a character who is very well-known. So the only conclusion I can come up with is that he's being overhauled still.

2nd thing, Final Smashes. We've seen only Wii Fit Trainer's and Samus' Final Smashes. I'm thinking they are putting a huge overhaul into these. We have yet to see more than 2, therefore I'm thinking they are really working hard to balance these and make sure people will get pretty reliable KOs from them. Based on the 2 we've seen, I think it's safe to assume that Final Smashes will now be pretty hard to dodge when used correctly, and they will probably nail you a guaranteed 2+ KOs.

Just some random thoughts.
omg everyone is a major nintendo character

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Do you honestly think Yoshi is more iconic than any one of the other 7 characters? I love Yoshi too, but I'm being realistic, because the Yoshi franchise is in and of itself represented by Mario. You could say that about DK too, but DK is more classic. Also, the biggest point supporting my claim is that Yoshi was not unveiled with the other 7 in the debut trailer. But as I said, I consider Yoshi to still be the eighth most iconic character in the whole franchise, moreso than even Peach, Zelda, Pit, etc.

courte

Smash Lord
to be honest all of you please go back to the Dojo. If you're going to try and 'break down' how and why, what pattern there is to the reveals, just look at how things were done last time. most of you saying what sakurai would and wouldn't, why this one hasn't been shown, go and take a look at the dates and how things were handled last time around. i'll wait, and please post your revised conclusions.

if you haven't changed your mind at all, may you get the only version with just Toad and Kawashima.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I hate to point this out, and I hate to minimod...but why are we insulting people by request in the Roster Prediction thread?

Let me try to get us back on track by posting my roster for you guys to pick apart.

Roy may be replaced with Chrom if you want. I just used Roy since his icon fit better than Chrom's. I'm honestly neutral about whether Chrom or Roy should get in.

Daitoryo is basically a placeholder for a history rep, as I'm convinced we're going to get one. However, I don't know for sure which history character would happen. (I see WFT as a character like Sheik or ZSS who is a female character that makes perfect sense in hindsight, but no one really predicted heavily.)

This roster is exactly fifty characters, including transformations.

Cuts are Pokemon Trainer and Snake. PT to diversify the roster while only cutting one "slot", and Snake since I personally see him as being a one-time request for a friend. Although I would not be surprised by Snake coming back, I see it as slightly more likely that he will be cut.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I hate to point this out, and I hate to minimod...but why are we insulting people by request in the Roster Prediction thread?

Let me try to get us back on track by posting my roster for you guys to pick apart.

Roy may be replaced with Chrom if you want. I just used Roy since his icon fit better than Chrom's. I'm honestly neutral about whether Chrom or Roy should get in.

Daitoryo is basically a placeholder for a history rep, as I'm convinced we're going to get one. However, I don't know for sure which history character would happen. (I see WFT as a character like Sheik or ZSS who is a female character that makes perfect sense in hindsight, but no one really predicted heavily.)

Cuts are Pokemon Trainer and Snake. PT to diversify the roster while only cutting one "slot", and Snake since I personally see him as being a one-time request for a friend. Although I would not be surprised by Snake coming back, I see it as slightly more likely that he will be cut.
Good roster, this is organized almost perfectly, I'd suggest switching Villager's, Olimar's, Mii's, and WFT's position to where the Pokemon reps are.
Real good roster, nothing looks like too much.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Good roster, this is organized almost perfectly, I'd suggest switching Villager's, Olimar's, Mii's, and WFT's position to where the Pokemon reps are.
Real good roster, nothing looks like too much.
Thank you. I spent some time organizing it. The Pokemon Reps are actually there because the entire thing is organized by the release date of their first game (exceptions for history characters).

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Thank you. I spent some time organizing it. The Pokemon Reps are actually there because the entire thing is organized by the release date of their first game (exceptions for history characters).
Cool! That's basically what I do with my roster too so it looks really convincing that it looks like the final roster.
The 4th row on the roster should be the 2nd party row, whereas Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Earthbound are 2nd parties.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

I'd love this roster but I'd rather PT come back.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Cool! That's basically what I do with my roster too so it looks really convincing that it looks like the final roster.
The 4th row on the roster should be the 2nd party row, whereas Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Earthbound are 2nd parties.
Very interesting. Do you think that was a coincidence in Brawl's roster, or do you think that was intentional?
I'd love this roster but I'd rather PT come back.
I felt bad about cutting him, but he takes the development time of at least one, if not two newcomers. I'd have to cut K. Rool and possibly Little Mac if I kept him in.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
****ing kill yourself please.

I'm sick of tired of explaining this crap, use ****ing google I ain't explain any of this anymore. I quiet, you people are ****ing oblivious, I swear to god.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Very interesting. Do you think that was a coincidence in Brawl's roster, or do you think that was intentional?
I'm pretty sure it was intentional. Although Captain Falcon's position and Olimar's position seem off by historical date, it's understandable.

I'm sick of tired of explaining this crap, use ****ing google I ain't explain any of this anymore. I quiet, you people are ****ing oblivious, I swear to god.
What?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

With all do respect, please shut up. Never tell anyone to kill themselves, even over the internet.

I'm pretty sure it was intentional. Although Captain Falcon's position and Olimar's position seem off by historical date, it's understandable.
Captain Falcon was after SF in Brawl, no? And what's wrong with Olimar? Is it because Villager comes before him? If so, you should know that Animal Forest released in Japan on the N64.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Use. ****ing. Google. I already explained it a trillion times, but apparently people are too ******** to read. I'm not doing it yet again.
Please do NOT tell people to kill themselves. It makes you look like an ass. I don't care if someone mistook, but it makes you look like an immature child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom