• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
New batch of beads came in so we were able to update the wall roster. We've added five new additions on the wall being Donkey Kong, Falco, Palutena, Mewtwo, and Villager.

Characters to be added: Remainder of the Brawl roster, (Will make a sprite for Snake only upon confirmation) Shulk, Isaac, Wii Fit Trainer, and Little Mac. Other considerations also include King K. Rool, DIxie Kong, Andy, Takamaru, and maybeeeee an additional Fire Emblem character.

We're still intent on removing the masks for the final version and priority will be given to updating Link, Zelda, and Palutena when the roster is complete (and if Palutena is confirmed). As said before if you guys have any suggestions on characters/sprites please feel free to message me, we'd appreciate whatever suggestions you guys have!

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So what's going on today?.....13 Alerts! Wow! There must be an awesome conversation going on!................oh, they're all "likes"........

I'm near positive Yoshi has been at least partially revamped. He is the only one of the original 12 that ISN'T a hidden character that we've yet to see.
It has to be Smash Attacks. All of his specials are necessary.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can imagine Yoshi getting a revamp related to his eggs though, possibly making it function more like it does in the Yoshi series games.

Though I don't find that case to be very likely.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yoshi's side B needs to be changed so it doesn't suck.

Actually, it could just be outright replaced.

Honestly, if Yoshi's specials weren't as weak as they are (sans the up B) Yoshi would be a force in each Smash Bros. game.
I think is a little pathetic that Project M is creating more hype than SSB4 :/ XD
I gotta say that Project M has got quite a lot of unique throwbacks that make it awesome, which is ultimately its' greatest success, especially since it expands those concepts.

Smash Wii U and 3DS look to be doing the same thing.

Still, I think they can take Mewtwo up a notch by making him use psychic/non-actual physical attacks exclusively.

As for Roy, again, I gotta say go with the stabbing and lunge heavy game, instead of merely being a Marth clone with new elements to his playstyle.

Espio264

Smash Ace
So what's going on today?.....13 Alerts! Wow! There must be an awesome conversation going on!................oh, they're all "likes"........
Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, we know half of them are from Morbid.

Also, I've found my box of old, old, really old drawings and am looking for my Bomberman for Smash pieces I did when I was little.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just found out that Project M is bringing back Mewtwo as well :eek: (I expected it, but not this early.)

As for Yoshi, I can't say much, since I hardly ever play as him.But please allow him to jump out of shield.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I've been noticing that even though Mewtwo seems to be the hot Pokemon now, Lucario is currently being pushed and advertised just as much, the only plus side for Mewtwo is the movie and being the first Mega Form revealed. Lucario is still basically just as advertised, and Mewtwo getting a movie isn't all that special for him considering he already received 2, and I doubt being the first Mega Reveal is going to be significant forever.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, we know half of them are from Morbid.
Surprisingly not. And I'm glad to have a day with no Morbid "likes"

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So whats going on yoshi is complete for project m or ssb4 i mean yoshis box is still grey on project m and smash bros site picture is still the same

Oh by the way who thinks rob is going to possibly get confirmed on friday

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I don't know why, but your new avatar makes me need to call you "Good Sir," and tell you things like "Cherrio" "Apple Jacks," and refer to people at "Captain Crunch." :rotfl:

It happens all the time on forums for me, I begin to recgonize people as their avatars, and that's a mistake because I look nothing like Ramona Flowers/Mary-Elizabeth Winstead. And now, you're a dizzy Jigglypuff to me.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
So whats going on yoshi is complete for project m or ssb4 i mean yoshis box is still grey on project m and smash bros site picture is still the same

Oh by the way who thinks rob is going to possibly get confirmed on friday
Theres probably gonna be another reveal sometime this month, and at this point it could be anything. Theres a good chance it could be pokemon, but It could be ROB.

If it was ROB, it could revive his WTFness. Most wouldnt expect it

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Can anyone tell me if Project M can damage your Wii in anyway. And also, how long and complicated is the installation. And does it remove any features? Also, can I turn it on and off?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I swear to effing god this has officially become the "Reveal Prediction Discussion Thread." with a side of Project M! :mad:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Let's talk about Yoshi again...
Come on, it's one of those things we never do.
Yoshi is honestly one of the less fun characters in Smash for me. Aimable eggs would be tons of fun though. Make that his Standard B, give him a good recovery, I might think about maining the little guy.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So guys, I just re-watched the Sonic trailer, and HOLY CRAP!!! HE'S FASTER THAN HE IS IN PROJECT M!!!!

LIKE WAY FASTER!!!!

Anyways, I wonder what this means for Captain Falcon. I bet he might be actually almost as fast as Sonic in Project M/Melee, actually, because overall Smash Wii U's movement speed on the ground is really fast (possibly faster than Melee).
I swear to effing god this has officially become the "Reveal Prediction Discussion Thread." with a side of Project M! :mad:
Well we are talking roster prediction, and we are guessing who's gonna be in Project M... :awesome:
Can anyone tell me if Project M can damage your Wii in anyway. And also, how long and complicated is the installation. And does it remove any features? Also, can I turn it on and off?
Not as long as you remove your Custom stages.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Well we are talking roster prediction.
Not really. We are talking about when we will see screenshots of all but confirmed veterans and what time would be best to reveal them. I'm sick of it. It's not even an interesting discussion, it's like people don't even know what thread they are on.

Let's talk about Yoshi again...
If it doesn't involve roster predictions, no thanks.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Yoshi is honestly one of the less fun characters in Smash for me. Aimable eggs would be tons of fun though. Make that his Standard B, give him a good recovery, I might think about maining the little guy.
Personally, I like his up B being a projectile. Not only because it makes sense as the eggs go upwards and thus more comfortable to use, but the leap he makes in Brawl makes it a decent recovery move. Besides, if we're making one of his moves something more reminiscent of a third jump, it's gotta be his Egg Roll. When activated in mid air, it should make a small leap upwards instead of just plummeting into the abyss like in Brawl.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
On the subject of Yoshi, hopefully they're tweaking his attack speed, hitboxes and reach. His grab is shorter than Marth's ffs, which is frankly ridiculous considering.

Yoshi has decent recovery as is with just two jumps. Add to that the Egg throw to hover a tiny bit in the air and he can pretty much get back from anything providing he's not gimped.

Also don't forget he was the last 64 starter vet shown for Brawl, and he hadn't been tweaked as much as everyone thought he'd be: No baby on his back, as many assumed he was going to obtain a gimmick for his recovery with Baby Peach/Baby Mario(with cape), etc.

To remain on topic: I predict Yoshi will be back next year. Yeah, it's not exactly a startling prediction, but it's on topic of Roster Prediction.

Umm...okay how about Mii talk: Do you think the Mii's will be given outfits like in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games and Mario Tennis as some of that much talked about customization? Do you think it'll be of characters that were heavily suggested for Smash, but don't quite make the cut?

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Here's a question: Of the Original 8, if one HAD to be cut, who would it be? My answer would be Yoshi, since he is not as iconic as the other 7. But thankfully that'll never happen. :) I Hope

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Here's a question: Of the Original 8, if one HAD to be cut, who would it be? My answer would be Yoshi, since he is not as iconic as the other 7. But thankfully that'll never happen. :) I Hope

EDIT: Original 8, my bad. Original 8. I am losing my credibility.

However, considering Yoshi is a personal companion of Mario, who is by far the most iconic and legendary of the Original 8, then by extension of massive popularity, Yoshi would have more going for him in terms of recognition than even Fox or Kirby.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yoshi's probably more wordly reknown than Samus if I'm honest, but since Yoshi could be a part of Mario's series I guess I could understand him being cut before the others.

If we still have the Melee/Brawl reps I pick Fox. I realise neither Falco nor Wolf would get in before him, but we'd have enough Landmaster to go around in this theoretical question.

(and no it won't ever happen fortunately, as all 8 were important characters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom