• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
If you insist, let me rephrase then.

Toad fans' logic is delusional.

It's like you don't even know about the concept of "want" or "hope". But continue being stubborn I guess. I'm not seeing "Toad Fans" acting like he's expected.

*shrug*

Anyway, is anyone expecting a reveal today? I know we probably don't want to get our hopes up, but two of the reveals have been on Tuesday so far. :laugh:

Yeah, they don't expect. They hope

Maybe we'll get a reveal but there a good amount of doubts

EDIT : Yes, I used the worst Star Wars as Hope. Pretty sure JohnKnight loves this :troll:. Unless you wanna debate on which is the worst one then my argument is.... Jarjar Binks

Bajef8

Smash Ace
/thumbs up

But really, lets not be offensive to other people. I mean, even though it's true, it's best to not do that anyway.
I can dig that.
It's like you don't even know about the concept of "want" or "hope". But continue being stubborn I guess. I'm not seeing "Toad Fans" acting like he's expected.

*shrug*

Anyway, is anyone expecting a reveal today? I know we probably don't want to get our hopes up, but two of the reveals have been on Tuesday so far. :laugh:
Well that's the thing. They preach that he is pretty possible still, even more so than Jr. IE the most obvious next Mario character to be added (if Mario does get a newbie). That's what bugs me. Go ahead and hope, I have no qualms with that. I have qualms with those who say he is still likely, or that his reveal as Peach's move didn't hurt his chances at all.

I stopped expecting a reveal once we got none on Friday. That being said, I think we'll be due for one in a couple of weeks.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, they don't expect. They hope
The only thing worse than that movie is the Toad fanbase and its' sequel.
EDIT : Yes, I used the worst Star Wars as Hope. Pretty sure JohnKnight loves this :troll:. Unless you wanna debate on which is the worst one then my argument is.... Jarjar Binks
No, Episode II is that worst.

However, I will from hence forth refuse to recognize those movies' existence.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I can dig that.
Well that's the thing. They preach that he is pretty possible still, even more so than Jr. IE the most obvious next Mario character to be added (if Mario does get a newbie). That's what bugs me. Go ahead and hope, I have no qualms with that. I have qualms with those who say he is still likely, or that his reveal as Peach's move didn't hurt his chances at all.

I stopped expecting a reveal once we got none on Friday. That being said, I think we'll be due for one in a couple of weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Toad being in Peach's moveset did decrease his chances. But I'm not going to act certain that he's not in. I'd still like to see him of course, but I'm not expecting him like I am, say, Palutena or Little Mac. Haha

So, do you think the next reveal will be Pokemon, or at this point, anybody else? :)

No, Episode II is that worst.
I'm a bit conflicted with which one's worst but I leaned to episode I because I really could not tolerate you know who

Here's to hoping that Mewtwo will be God tier in Smash 4 and shall induce rage into all of us because if there's any character that should have been the game's god : It really is Mewtwo. How I know this? Ehhh, I watched some movie or flick of him.... Meh, I just remember him from my childhood along with Pikachu and Kirby? Thought he was badass.

There are so much likeable posts here but I won't like all of 'em just to avoid being the new MorbidAl

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong, I think that Toad being in Peach's moveset did decrease his chances. But I'm not going to act certain that he's not in. I'd still like to see him of course, but I'm not expecting him like I am, say, Palutena or Little Mac. Haha

So, do you think the next reveal will be Pokemon, or at this point, anybody else? :)
Honestly, the Pokemon reveal window is rapidly closing. So at this point I'm expecting anyone.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ah, so Waluigi fans are at least better than the movie. :troll:

inb4edit
Yep. You are. As much as I can't stand you guys, you aren't that bad.

You're more like Indiana Jones 4 bad. :troll:
I'm a bit conflicted with which one's worst but I leaned to episode I because I really could not tolerate you know who
The first two both suck, and the third is alright (albeit the story and some of the dialogue is painful).
Here's to hoping that Mewtwo will be God tier in Smash 4 and shall induce rage into all of us because if there's any character that should have been the game's god : It really is Mewtwo. How I know this? Ehhh, I watched some movie or flick of him.... Meh, I just remember him from my childhood along with Pikachu and Kirby? Thought he was badass.
you just missed a stream that had Mewtwo. He looked Godlike. Seriously, HE CAN FLOAT AFTER HIS FIRST JUMP IN ANY DIRECTION!!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mewtwo looked pretty good in Project M and Roy as well they fixed their flaws pretty good.
I love how when Mewtwo enters, it plays his classic Game Boy cry from Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Version.

Mewtwo also makes that noise for one of his taunts.

Also, Mewtwo's down tilt is like ridiculously good. So is Roy's forward Smash.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The updates since Sonic's confirmation have been incredibly dull.

We got nothing new for a while.

Sakurai's too busy enjoying Pokemon X/Y so he usually half-asses his updates.

Can't blame him

I don't know. I'll just think that Sakurai releases big news in bursts. Cooldown first then release all the burst. Burst damage :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The updates since Sonic's confirmation have been incredibly dull.

We got nothing new for a while.
That's what happens when we get 3 character confirms in a close proximity of each other.

I remember after Sonic's confirmation and Green Hill Zone's confirmation the Brawl Dojo was pretty stale for a good 3 week period.

Then we started getting the last bit of Dojo news before we had accidental PR leaks on the roster (namely Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ness), and we learned that our leaked roster was real.

Oh, and we found out some stages early too thanks to a few people I know who have sources. :shades:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like this Miiverse post by Guy (whoever that is)...

Like I said, it's like a damage rotation with a burst damage class : Open your damage with all your biggest hitting attacks then filler attacks
Well you gotta figure eventually sometime soon we're gonna get overwhelmed by stages.

I mean sure, we got roughly about low to mid 30-ish character reveals to go, but for stages, we probably are more in the low or mid 40-ish range of stages to go.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I love how when Mewtwo enters, it plays his classic Game Boy cry from Pokémon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Version.

Mewtwo also makes that noise for one of his taunts.

Also, Mewtwo's down tilt is like ridiculously good. So is Roy's forward Smash.

This, I LOVED Mewtwo's intro cry. Nostalgiasm.
I wish every Pokemon sounded like their Game Boy cries. It would make me tolerate the show a lot more. :D

But yeah, I was lucky to watch a few of those matches. Mewtwo has a bright future ahead of him. Saw that Mewtwo vs Metaknight fight, and it was so ironic seeing a Brawl god tier vs a Melee trash tier being sorta even.

And Roy is the beast he should've always been.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We are still too early for an early Miiverse post. Check again in a half hour.
Did we even get a new Miiverse post for yesterday's update=???
But yeah, I was lucky to watch a few of those matches. Mewtwo has a bright future ahead of him. Saw that Mewtwo vs Metaknight fight, and it was so ironic seeing a Brawl god tier vs a Melee trash tier being sorta even.

And Roy is the beast he should've always been.
Mewtwo looks incredible with his movement. That Meta Knight match in particular was epic.

And yeah, Roy might be better than Marth. I wanna pull him out on my brother (who is a Marth main). :shades:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I've been wondering. We all think Little Mac is a good choice, but are there any real arguments against him?

Only one I can think of is "too boring." Which is easily cast aside.
Not really. The only one that gets brought up is the "he just punches things," which isn't really valid, thought it doesn't get brought very often.

Really I think Little Mac is probably one of the safer characters, which is exactly why he doesn't get brought up very often. He doesn't really have much in the way of competition, except for possibly other misc/retro characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom