• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Weird, not sure why FE and Earthbound is behind Pokemon if they are first party. Pokemon is 2nd party right?
Looks like I looked at my rosters the wrong way. :/
Too true. I forgot for a second that FE is indeed a first party. Does that mean my roster is organized perfectly?

Although Xenoblaze still had no right to tell you to kill yourself. That's just plain disgusting.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
That doesn't make it less true. You need to relax. If other people bother you so much, don't involve yourself with them. If you have a personal problem, take it to a private message

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Theoritically the final roster's first row could start with the big 9 Franchises shown in the E3 trailer, that's including Animal Crossing. Then it goes to FE then either 3rd parties or Mr. Game and Watch depending on your roster.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Theoritically the final roster's first row could start with the big 9 Franchises shown in the E3 trailer, that's including Animal Crossing. Then it goes to FE then either 3rd parties or Mr. Game and Watch depending on your roster.
Assuming they'll accommodate the slots like in Brawl, which might or might not happen.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Do tell. Because everyone respects you now.
Namco is not pushing the name on Super Smash Bros., general pessimism for third party characters, a lot of people really don't like the idea of Pac-man, and there was never any interest expressed to begin with. Not to mention any cult support now means absolute jack, and it's never going to reach Sonic amounts of popularity to negate that.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Namco is not pushing the name on Super Smash Bros., general pessimism for third party characters, a lot of people really don't like the idea of Pac-man, and there was never any interest expressed to begin with. Not to mention any cult support now means absolute jack, and it's never going to reach Sonic amounts of popularity to negate that.
1. I don't think the first point really means that much, tbh.
2. Sakurai stated that third party characters were all going to be legendary, and Pac-Man fits that role. I can't think of anyone who would be a better fit for the next third-party if it's not Pac-Man.
3. Sure some people don't like it. But I've honestly only seen people hating on him on this forum.
4. I honestly think that most people are welcome to his inclusion at the very least. And Pac-Man is the most well-known gaming icon of all time. He's well-liked.
5. Honestly, I don't see him being a Sonic case. I see him as being negotiated for very early in development.

This is all very subjective, though.

And I'm sorry I snapped at you. Shouldn't be insulting you now just because you upset me.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Before you read this, what I'm saying is completely subjective. I'm merely trying to elaborate on my opinion and define the logic I subconsciously used.

To me pacman hasn't really been much of a video game character. Sure, he was back in the day but he hasn't had a successful game since to continue that reputation. Hes spends far more time in references in pop culture than in actual video games. And to me, that association makes him feel more like an outside character than a video game character. I get the same feeling as goku or spiderman being in smash, when I imagine pacman in smash.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Before you read this, what I'm saying is completely subjective. I'm merely trying to elaborate on my opinion and define the logic I subconsciously used.

To me pacman hasn't really been much of a video game character. Sure, he was back in the day but he hasn't had a successful game since to continue that reputation. Hes spends far more time in references in pop culture than in actual video games. And to me, that association makes him feel more like an outside character than a video game character. I get the same feeling as goku or spiderman being in smash, when I imagine pacman in smash.
Odd point of view, but I guess I can understand it.

Liked your disclaimer btw, makes you come off as less argumentative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom