• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If we get a Toad (which seems irrational), it will be the blue one at this point given how ol' bluey's been taking an active role for quite a bit.
But the color is not important. This is Smash where palette swaps are possible.

It doesn't matter if Toad's default color is based on THE Toad (red spots, blue vest) or the Blue Toad (blue spots, blue vest)... because that playable Toad would still get palette swaps based on THE Toad, Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, Red Toad, etc.

And the playable Toad would not be named "Blue Toad" because it makes no sense to call a Red Toad "Blue Toad" if you select the Red Team palette swap (it is an example).

I don't care what default color is for the playable Toad. It does not conflict with Peach's Toad. But the Toad detractors seem to act like it is a space-time paradox. It is a freaking video game, not real life quantum physics.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Heh, to be honest, after Mewtwo's P:M reveal, I could go another week without a character reveal. :) Heck, maybe two.
Seriously, it's shaping up to be a superb game. I don't see myself playing Vanilla Brawl after it's completed, especially once SSB4 is out. I'll still play SSB64, P:M, and SSB4 (since Melee and Brawl will be basically taken care of by P:M)
True, we may have Mewtwo in P:M, but having him to officially return in Smash will build OH SO MUCH HYPE.

That is, IF he's the next to be revealed (which I'm actually starting to doubt recently). Or if there's a reveal at all.

D

Deleted member

It doesn't matter if Toad's default color is based on THE Toad (red spots, blue vest) or the Blue Toad (blue spots, blue vest)... because that playable Toad would still get palette swaps based on THE Toad, Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, Red Toad, etc.

And the playable Toad would not be named "Blue Toad" because it makes no sense to call a Red Toad "Blue Toad" if you select the Red Team palette swap (it is an example).

I don't care what default color is for the playable Toad. It does not conflict with Peach's Toad. But the Toad detractors seem to act like it is a space-time paradox. It is a freaking video game, not real life quantum physics.
Nah, I'm pretty sure the red spot/blue vest is pretty much out of the question. Just solid colors. Solid blue, solid red, solid yellow, solid green, etc.
And I never brought up name. Though I feel the need to counterpoint the "wouldn't make sense for Red Team" anyway.
How the "Blue Toad" name can still work while being on Red Team:

Fire Blue Toad.

EDIT: Not that he'd be called "Blue Toad", but still.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

It doesn't matter if Toad's default color based on THE Toad (red spots, blue vest) or the Blue Toad (blue spots, blue vest)... because that playable Toad would still get palette swaps based on THE Toad, Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, Red Toad, etc.

yes now this is a point I agree with you toads aren't based on colors (heck there's a fricken rainbow of them) all that matter if the game get one of those mushroom headed people, then smash gets a toad. just having two toads that can be a least visually differencing, is not the end of smash.
also on a side note, while I do have to agree that in game the toad will not be called "blue toad" or "red toad" they will just be called toad, but I can guarantee you that people will nickname him whatever color he is that is playable just to avoid confusion and to add humor. (imagine Red for Pokémon trainer or falcondorf for ganondorf)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Nah, I'm pretty sure the red spot/blue vest is pretty much out of the question. Just solid colors. Solid blue, solid red, solid yellow, solid green, etc.
And I never brought up name. Though I feel the need to counterpoint the "wouldn't make sense for Red Team" anyway.
How the "Blue Toad" name can still work while being on Red Team:

Fire Blue Toad.

EDIT: Not that he'd be called "Blue Toad", but still.
You know, I thought at first he was debunked, but you do put it that way. Blue Toad has been regularly appearing.

I still want Jr. more. But I think Toad is just as likely.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Fair enough, Golden.

I dislike what Sakurai is doing to Toad supporters and Toad detractors...

I mean... the most common argument against Toad (besides the color thing and the generic thing) is that Toad cannot be playable because he is part of Peach's moveset... and that Peach's moveset would have to be changed in order to allow Toad to be playable...

Sakurai shows us a picture of Peach's Toad in SSB4... seemingly deconfirming Toad once again... but then he had to mention that Peach's moveset "may be refreshed"... seemingly giving Toad fans some hope for Toad. :facepalm:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
We're talking about Toad?
I would like Toad, but if there was a Toad happening, it would likely be the plain old Toad everyone knows.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe Sakurai might even refresh Peach's Toad... maybe replace Peach's Toad with Toadsworth... so it would still be the same move, just that it is aesthetically different... allowing Toad to be playable even though the aesthetic change to Peach's Toad was unnecessary. Ugh, I got a headache...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
K. Rool can still happen!
If we hope and pray, then maybe King K. Rool will become playable!
This doesn't deconfirm him, there is still hope!
Of course, it doesn't deconfirm him... we can still have Kaptain K. Rool. :awesome:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Maybe Sakurai might even refresh Peach's Toad... maybe replace Peach's Toad with Toadsworth... so it would still be the same move, just that it is aesthetically different... allowing Toad to be playable even though the aesthetic change to Peach's Toad was unnecessary. Ugh, I got a headache...
well till then toad chances are drowned in the millions of dead Marios

(hope this helps your headache :troll:)

D

Deleted member

but then he had to mention that Peach's moveset "may be refreshed"... seemingly giving Toad fans some hope for Toad. :facepalm:
Problem is, being "refreshed" doesn't mean changed.
To refresh something is to make visual altercations to improve it aesthetically.

Given that we're still a ways from the final product, what we see now for any character isn't 100% reflective of how it will look when everything is complete.

So people turning that into "Sakurai might replace her Toad Shield move so Toad can be playable" are only deluding themselves.
If Sakurai was going to do that or even consider doing that, he wouldn't show her using the move in the first place.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Problem is, being "refreshed" doesn't mean changed.
To refresh something is to make visual altercations to improve it aesthetically.

Given that we're still a ways from the final product, what we see now for any character isn't 100% reflective of how it will look when everything is complete.

So people turning that into "Sakurai might replace her Toad Shield move so Toad can be playable" are only deluding themselves.
If Sakurai was going to do that or even consider doing that, he wouldn't show her using the move in the first place.
*gasp*

Visual altercations? Aesthetic changes? Like what I said earlier, right?

What's your opinion to what he's doing to Ridley's supporters/detractors?
I am neutral on Ridley... so I don't care about Ridley... but I do empathize with the Ridley supporters because Toad supporters are going through a similar thing.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Okey doke, it's nearing time for that Monday update. Will a Pokemon character show up THIS time? I really don't expect anything since X & Y has BEEN out (and awesome I love my Panda) and Monday is...the beginning of the week so...? Eh, just a feeling that Monday would be weird, but Wednesday and Thursday have been done so whatever, why not. I really hope someone'll show up! Kalos Trainer I predict, but I'd love to see Mewtwo. Jiggs I know and love, but if she shows up...ehh...she's kinda bland and not very hype...Lucario would be dandy but eh. Anyway! My intuition tells me nothing will happen, but my intuition told me something would happen Friday so I'm probably wrong and there's ganna be a big update soon. Hooray.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Okey doke, it's nearing time for that Monday update. Will a Pokemon character show up THIS time? I really don't expect anything since X & Y has BEEN out (and awesome I love my Panda) and Monday is...the beginning of the week so...? Eh, just a feeling that Monday would be weird, but Wednesday and Thursday have been done so whatever, why not. I really hope someone'll show up! Kalos Trainer I predict, but I'd love to see Mewtwo. Jiggs I know and love, but if she shows up...ehh...she's kinda bland and not very hype...Lucario would be dandy but eh. Anyway! My intuition tells me nothing will happen, but my intuition told me something would happen Friday so I'm probably wrong and there's ganna be a big update soon. Hooray.
Why they wouldn't update for the biggest Nintendo game of the year baffles me.
I expect something tomorrow, but it's a possibility that nothing happens.
Why Kalos Trainer though? Kanto starters were made relevant again through X and Y.

D

Deleted member

*gasp*

Visual altercations? Aesthetic changes? Like what I said earlier, right?
No.
You literally missed my point.

Replacing Toad with Toadsworth is still changing the move. That's not improving aesthetics.
Think more along the lines of Snake's general appearance from E3 2006 to his debut on the newer Brawl Dojo over a year later and less along the lines of his Down Smash mines getting a different model.
He was darker in palette, was less "shiny", and had some parts of him that were rather low-quality comparable to that of the Assist Trophies. He was "refreshed" later on to be lighter in palette, more "shiny", and higher quality in overall detail.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You're predicting the Kalos Trainer? With Gen 6 starters? That's a bit redundant.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am going to bed... maybe tomorrow will be better with a Pokemon character reveal unless Sakurai trolls everyone with Wii Fit Trainer's ass again.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm actually leaning towards Jiggs now...
It just makes sense with all the obvious/veteran reveals. Plus, WFT was SLEEPING.
It all comes together, but I hope it's Mewtwo.

800 posts btw.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm actually leaning towards Jiggs now...
It just makes sense with all the obvious/veteran reveals. Plus, WFT was SLEEPING.
It all comes together, but I hope it's Mewtwo.

800 posts btw.
Eh, not expecting anything at all. If there was a time to do it, it would have been Friday.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't think Jigglypuff would be revealed tomorrow, She's a real easy character to develop to easily promote X and Y, but that was not the case.. Perhaps Jigglypuff can be revealed later next year, Sakurai is probably preparing to show off the newcomers this month (Particularly Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Miis)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't think Jigglypuff would be revealed tomorrow, She's a real easy character to develop to easily promote X and Y, but that was not the case.. Perhaps Jigglypuff can be revealed later next year, Sakurai is probably preparing to show off the newcomers this month (Particularly Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Miis)
That makes sense, but I doubt that.
I don't believe that this month is Little Mac's month.
Pac-Man maybe, because Ghostly Adventures.
Miis...
Well, I forget when Wii Party U comes out.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
whelp I'm hitting the sack and getting some sleep, got studies in the morning, maybe tomorrow we'll get a Pokémon reveal . . . . hopefully​
(if its Pokémon trainer I'm the winner of these dang boards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom