• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

courte

Smash Lord
and worst of all in many modes they didn't support online play.
I disagree. The way Nintendo does online, they less the better. I'm sorry but they've got to normalize like literally everyone else using the internet...

disregard this if they've gotten rid of friend codes and let me just have a username. i haven't bought a new nintendo console in a while because of their silly practices, but things may have changed while i was being a stubborn butt

i'm torn. because on one hand He's friggin little mac and i'm biased... on the other hand Dudley/Steve Fox/Balrog/Vanessa/Rick Strowd.
I know it's an argument that has no basis here. He'd be great in smash... but he's still a rather one dimensional character, like marth, when compared to the others. Don't even mention the moveset potential or the significance to nintendo's history. I already know about it. Boxers are pugilists though.

still it'd be interesting to see him in the game. or Card Sagas Wars. I love you card sagas wars

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Actually it was 2 player in Brawl.........wasn't it? Or was that just All-Star & SSE?
Just All-Star and SSE. And Home Run Contest, Break the Targets, Boss Battle, etc.... Just not Classic. Hence why it should be left alone, it's just too calssic to mess with. And it should remain the single single player mode of Smash.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I know this would sound weird, selfish and I will probably be lynched for saying this but I think I would like to see Porky instead of Lucas in this Smash as a playable character.
.n_n.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I know this would sound weird, selfish and I will probably be lynched for saying this but I think I would like to see Porky instead of Lucas in this Smash as a playable character.
.n_n.
I wish he got confirmed in Brawl before Lucas. But I'd like to see both of them appear (along Ness, of course).

courte

Smash Lord
The Blasphemy Roster [Cut 'em all and mix 'em up. This is not a suggestive or speculative roster for the new smash, just a roster for a never to exist dream game companion. the B-sides, if you will]

Super Star Mario, Bowser Jr., Geno
Vaati [Mage], Swordmage Ganon[OoT or TWW, TP had his chance], Swordsman Link[child OoT/Fierce Deity], Spellsword Zelda[I'd say SS but I didn't play it.]
Dark/Fusion Samus, Ridley, Weavel
Poo, Claus
Takemaru, Mach Rider
3 Pokemon Trainers with three characters each [One based on Gen 1-3, one based on 4-6, one based on RIval, not limited to starters]
Krystal
Captain N using a variety of Nintendo products through the years
Isaac

2D [Everyone and their mom is always on about jump stars]
Paper Mario
NInten Kuma
Discun
Elite Beat Agent
Pichu
Little Mac
Hector Lyndis

this is fun, I can see why you guys do this. Flame me now, but i'll be updating this regularly. No Sheriff, DHD is a Captain N attack/

courte

Smash Lord
y not bothz
yeah porky was a boss in the last one and he can be a boss in this one.

or we can just load the game up with every character and say **** all to the prospect of balance. http://smashboards.com/threads/game...-virtue-day-19-professor-layton-shulk.340308/ i was just here and i saw that the prerequisites sakurai has are quite different than what i thought.

the annoying wall in the way is would alot of people like to play this character? for example, when anyone suggests or brings up a character for discussion here on this thread, do you earnestly take that part into consideration? I can say that i do each and every time. Not knocking it, but if a game had both Diskun and Rob, is that roster really catering to everyone? It's a tricky subject which can quickly put someone off. I was a Link main in Melee and wouldn't touch YL. Brawl comes along and I'm a TL main cuz Link was too painful. it's more than just the character making an appearance

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
#TeamLucario

I love you guys.

I really do.

But we're gonna get Jigglypuff next methinks just because of that Dojo update, and because I think Sakurai wants one of the original 12 next.

#TeamJigglypuff

You have The Johnknight1 in your ranks now...

Edit: Oh and new and awesome Jigglypuff avatar time now!!! :shades::grin::psycho:

Gune

Smash Lord
#TeamLucario

I love you guys.

I really do.

But we're gonna get Jigglypuff next methinks just because of that Dojo update, and because I think Sakurai wants one of the original 12 next.

#TeamJigglypuff

You have The Johnknight1 in your ranks now...

Edit: Oh and new and awesome Jigglypuff avatar time now!!! :shades::grin::psycho:
And thus we lose another to the unholy evil that is TeamJigglypuff may arceus have pity upon your soul...

#JohnLeftWhatDo? #TeamLucarioStillTheBest #ArceusYourLordAndSavior

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
So I was thinking this new Smash would probably get 12 new characters right? And each new installment has 5 new series added not counting 3rd party ok? Now thinking on this I did make a character list with the potential newcomers for each series, counting that we would have 12 new characters and resting 5 because of the new series and adding Mega Man and Pac-Man that are the next two third parties probably we will seeing 5 new characters added from the currently series.

Checking the picture above (probably I have left some important characters from a series that I need to add), we need to choose 5 characters who will you pick?

My list will be:
- Dixie Kong or King K. Rool
- Ridley
- Fire Emblem character (I don´t know who) or Roy.
- Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow
- Palutena

Now Mario, Pokemon and Zelda with this formula will not receive any new comer at all, except if there are cuts from the other series or from one of their own series, then we will have more open spaces to add characters.

By the way if we go for the new series here is a probably list of how it will become:

5 New Series + 2 New Third Party Series:
- Villager (Animal Crossing)
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Little Mac (Punch Out!)
- ??? (Probably Retro Rep "Ice Climbers", "Pit").
- ??? (Probably Nintendo Historic Rep "Mr.G&W", "R.O.B.").
- Mega Man
- Pac-Man

Still thinking on this idea, and clearing my mind so we can predict in a more accurate form the new Smash roster.

.n_n.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And thus we lose another to the unholy evil that is TeamJigglypuff may arceus have pity upon your soul...

#JohnLeftWhatDo? #TeamLucarioStillTheBest #ArceusYourLordAndSavior
Well I was originally going Jigglypuff, then went to Lucario, and now I'm back to Jigglypuff.

And don't worry #TeamLucario ; I don't hate you guys. You guys are great. I Just hate #TeamMewtwo only.

Those guys gotta Mega Evolve before you even are low tier garbage. :p

courte

Smash Lord
There are no rules to this creation! it is simply sweet chaos.
But Major Kudos for some fair FE representation. After Metaknight, i'm pretty sure Myrmidons and Blade Lords like Lyndis would have to be OP. Just need magic. I like what you did with Pokemon. Just skip the BS and give the people something 'real'. Some PokeLords. Much as I hate to say it, F-Zero is dead. It' be great if Captain Falcon even came back. Now I know for some people it's a given, but for me, everyone is a wait and see until confirmed. I'd pick

BTW wtf is up with that video... DK and Yoshi aren't Mario reps... but whatever

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Well I was originally going Jigglypuff, then went to Lucario, and now I'm back to Jigglypuff.

And don't worry #TeamLucario ; I don't hate you guys. You guys are great. I Just hate #TeamMewtwo only.

Those guys gotta Mega Evolve before you even are low tier garbage. :p
I beg your pardon?

Mewtwo doesn't seem to like your attitude, my friend...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I beg your pardon?

Mewtwo doesn't seem to like your attitude, my friend...
What are ya' gonna do, use tail whip that has half of your tail go through me that doesn't do damage, hitstun, or knockback=??? :p

Go run and be scurred of Jigglypuff little big man, because nothing says major league smash bros. like Jigglypuff resting on you big genetically altered fruity booty.

courte

Smash Lord
I've always liked Mewtwo as he appeared in Melee over Jigglypuff. Both were designed and implemented superbly, but it just made sense what mewtwo's strengths and weaknesses were. Even though it TOTALLY did not work for him in smash at the time, he still had a great set of moves befitting an S-Class pokemon.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Pac-Man, IMO, is the best candidate for the next 3rd party character to be included after Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man.

Everyone knows who he is (mostly everyone)

:3

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pac-Man, IMO, is the best candidate for the next 3rd party character to be included after Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man.

Everyone knows who he is (mostly everyone)

:3
I LOL'd when Pac-Man moved the golf ball and got hit with the golf club. :joyful:

I want to see Pac-Man vs. Mii! :awesome:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Okay I got a question for you all, If you could guarantee the return of or the inclusion of any nintendo charecter who would it be?

I would go for someone who has been criminally, majestically, UNFAIRLY, ignored by Nintendo.

MICHAEL (or MIKE) JONES
from StarTropics

Really. This is the ONLY character I'd choose for a guaranteed spot.
It just makes me sad how a totally plausible, first party, main character, who had two games... played a HUGE part of my childhood, and he's nowhere to be even mentioned in any Super Smash Bros. games. Not to mention the fact that he is the FIRST Nintendo character to use yoyos, but everyone sees NESS like the Nintendo yoyo guy.
(Really.... I could've sworn by today, a lot more people would be behind this character and franchise... but it seems his demand has exponentially DECREASED. To the point even I no longer even bother supporting him AS much so I don't get burned when he's nowhere to be seen again in SSB4)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
When I was a kid, I thought StarTropics was probably a major franchise to Nintendo because several major NES games was covered in the NES Atlas Player's Guide and StarTropics was one of them.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
What I always thought hurt Mike Jones is that I recall him being a Western exclusive. Granted, there are Japanese exclusives in Smash already, so a Western exclusive isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What I always thought hurt Mike Jones is that I recall him being a Western exclusive. Granted, there are Japanese exclusives in Smash already, so a Western exclusive isn't outside the realm of possibility.
The first StarTropics game came out in Japan... but the sequel did not.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
...I'm still not ruling that out... :facepalm:

A Nintendog seems like the best "WTF?" character ever for Sakurai.

Don't rule it out guys, because I think if Sakurai is the director of future Smash games, it is gonna happen eventually, because his crazy "what is my next challenge?" mind will think of an incredible moveset, skillset, and playstyle ever for a Nintendog character, much like Sakurai did with Fox, Captain Falcon, The Ice Climbers, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Captain Olimar.
If Nintendog ends up getting some moves based on Duck Hunt, this would be my reaction. :troll:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Dunno why, but I felt like showing this thing I made:

Remove Porky and add color and I'd use this as my avatar.

Do you guys think AC deserves 3 reps? I for one think it totally does. Ideally, I think Animal Crossing is complete with Villager, Tom Nook, and Mr. Resetti.
3, no. 2, maybe, though I find that's still pushing it a little.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
3, no. 2, maybe, though I find that's still pushing it a little.
Animal Crossing doesn't need more than the Villager. The game is based entirely on how he adapts to his new life in a new town. Tom Nook is a fairly important supporting character, but he doesn't really bring anything new to the table, except a raccoon. Resetti doesn't really serve any major purpose outside of yelling, and his AT in Brawl is perfect. Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom