• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Have you played Animal Crossing at all to know that Tom Nook and Mr. Resetti are awesome characters?
If I hear you ask us one more time "Don't you even know how deserving and cool they are" I'm gonna rip my hair out. All you care about is who's cool and what games are deserving, you have no awareness of what characters are unneeded, pointless, make no sense to add, can't be added, or just don't work. You NEVER listen!

Just because we know a character doesn't work doesn't mean we haven't played the game!

Why only one, I'm curious. It's a popular enough franchise that it can deserve another character?
You're not curious. We've told you A MILLION ****ING TIMES WHY! Stop pretending otherwise.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
That's what I've been saying, but no one is listening... :facepalm:
Really, it felt as if you didn't word yourself correctly. You know instead of saying something like "single player mode should have an option where you could play with multiple players for every of it's modes", you were saying stuff like "single player mode should die and let multiplayer mode take over "

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Why only one, I'm curious. It's a popular enough franchise that it can deserve another character?
The series has all the representation it needs in the Villager. I supported Tom Nook pre-reveal, now that the Villager is here, I don't now because I don't believe the series needs another character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's a popular enough franchise that it can deserve another character?
Sakurai doesn't add characters to a franchise because it's popular. He adds them because they are necessary to have playable in the game. But, of course you will completley disregard this statement and add 5 Animal Crossing reps to your roster along with a ****ing dog.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Really, it felt as if you didn't word yourself correctly. You know instead of saying something like "single player mode should have an option where you could play with multiple players for every of it's modes", you were saying stuff like "single player mode should die and let multiplayer mode take over "
No, I said single-player isn't anywhere near as high a priority as multiplayer; not even close, especially since all the single-player modes becoming multiplayer modes as well.

The problem was people misinterpreted that and ran with it without questioning what I'm saying, or reading that last part.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ninten deserves to be playable because he's the firs protagonist and completes the trio, but even I know it's not entirely necessary.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
No, I said single-player isn't anywhere near as high a priority as multiplayer; not even close, especially since all the single-player modes becoming multiplayer modes as well.

The problem was people misinterpreted that and ran with it without questioning what I'm saying, or reading that last part.
Also, like I said, single-player should die (at least in Smash Wii U) because of online being so prolific, and because people wanna play the traditional single-player modes with 1, 2, 3, or more friends/family members/acquaintances.
Though, honestly, I think most of the problem comes with the fact that we refer any non-Vs mode as "single player".

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If I hear you ask us one more time "Don't you even know how deserving and cool they are" I'm gonna rip my hair out. All you care about is who's cool and what games are deserving, you have no awareness of what characters are unneeded, pointless, make no sense to add, can't be added, or just don't work. You NEVER listen!

Just because we know a character doesn't work doesn't mean we haven't played the game!

You're not curious. We've told you A MILLION ****ING TIMES WHY! Stop pretending otherwise.
I don't think it's completely pointless to have multiple AC reps. It's still very possible it can happen if Sakurai's sees either Tom Nook's or Mr. Resetti's potential as something he could work on.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't think it's completely pointless to have multiple AC reps. It's still very possible it can happen if Sakurai's sees either Tom Nook's or Mr. Resetti's potential as something he could work on.
You add characters for all the wrong reasons.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Because we are getting a limited number of newcomers, it is highly unlikely we're going to get more than Villager for Animal Crossing, or multiple additions for ANY series, save for Donkey Kong.

3 from Animal Crossing? Never gonna happen this time. Maybe in the next Smash Bros. 6 years down the road.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Because we are getting a limited number of newcomers, it is highly unlikely we're going to get more than Villager for Animal Crossing, or multiple additions for ANY series, save for Donkey Kong.

3 from Animal Crossing? Never gonna happen this time. Maybe in the next Smash Bros. 6 years down the road.
I was kinda talking about the future of the next Smash installments, so visually in the future I can see AC having 3 reps.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I was kinda talking about the future of the next Smash installments, so visually in the future I can see AC having 3 reps.
Even so, what can the other two do that Villager can't? Pretty much everything Villager does encompasses what the game is about. I think Tom Nook would be great if his Final Smash was called 'Crippling Debt" but otherwise, not a big factor for me.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Do you guys think AC deserves 3 reps? I for one think it totally does. Ideally, I think Animal Crossing is complete with Villager, Tom Nook, and Mr. Resetti.
How about a Booker & Cooper tag team, Ice climbers style?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Even so, what can the other two do that Villager can't? Pretty much everything Villager does encompasses what the game is about. I think Tom Nook would be great if his Final Smash was called 'Crippling Debt" but otherwise, not a big factor for me.
I was thinking Mr. Resetti could fight like Muddy Mole. Along with his pickaxe for normal and aerial attacks.

Gune

Smash Lord
Okay I got a question for you all, If you could guarantee the return of or the inclusion of any nintendo charecter who would it be?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why would there be 2 new Animal Crossing newcomers when we haven't even had characters who are likely like Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Issac, Shulk, Miis, Palutena, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Chrom, etc confirmed or deconfirmed yet=??? :confused:
Though, honestly, I think most of the problem comes with the fact that we refer any non-Vs mode as "single player".
Well I don't, and I never have, lol.

If I wanted to refer to the Standard (Multiplayer) Mode/Vs. Mode, I would refer to it as just that, lol! :laugh:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Being "awesome characters" warrants a roster spot now? Cool, I'll be sure to request Batman and Spider-Man sometime.
They are much better choices then Goku and Naruto.:awesome:

Okay I got a question for you all, If you could guarantee the return of or the inclusion of any nintendo charecter who would it be?
That's a good question. If it's only one returning Nintendo character then I'm at a tie between Lip and Muddy Mole.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Should've been more specific about your posts.

...oh wait this is another BluePikmin post because he's BluePikmin. All the wrong characters for all the wrong reasons.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
How opposed must you be for this particular franchise?
I hate people who connect the realization that a character will never happen to them somehow hating it. Raichu will never be added to the roster because there is no room. I clearly hate Raichu and everything related to Pokemon. You clearly have no idea what this is about in the slightest.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Before the trailer: Mega Man
Now: Takamaru & Mewtwo...........and Little Mac, but only because we have a boxing ring as a stage which should serve not be a stage for any other reason.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I heard someone in here thinks K Rool and Ridley are too big

Well, you're wrong

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Before the trailer: Mega Man
Honestly all my pre-Smash 4 Mega Man hype is still there, waiting to be unleashed.

Man I want to play as Mega Man so bad!!!! Mega Man vs. Mario vs. Sonic vs. Link would be so hype!!!! That's honestly a match up as a 8 year old kid I used to DREAMMMMMMM of, and now it is 100% possible!!!! :)

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Just throwing this out there cuz I saw it earlier. I think Classic Mode should remain a single player mode for 2 reasons. It's Classic Mode and it has never been 2 player yet.
Also. It'd be pretty classic to leave Classic Mode....classic. As in 1 player.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ridley is a shoe-in for me. I just feel like Sakurai has some feeling about him that we're unware of that makes him not..............worthy to be playable in his eyes??

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ridley is a shoe-in for me. I just feel like Sakurai has some feeling about him that we're unware of that makes him not..............worthy to be playable in his eyes??
Well duh. His playstyle potential is just amazing. He could do aerial grabs, be the first true air-based character, and his unique body, frame, and possible weight/speed structure could be unlike anything we've seen before.

Oh, and his potential movepool=??? Nothing short of amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom