• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If Jigglypuff does get revealed, then expect Lucario, Mewtwo, and at least Charizard to be in the game as well.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
Once more, people put Jigglypuff on too high a pedestal.....

If there absolutely has to be a cut for Pokémon, she's first in line unless technical difficulties prevent a full Pokémon Trainer (in which case, Squirtle and Ivysaur are first in line). End of Story.

EDIT: Just be hopeful it doesn't have to come to that.
This, last time it was between Jigglypuff (last added) and Mewtwo (cutted character with most data), and Sakurai made his choice, this time it's another situations, let's just not put anyone in a pedestal yet just to follow fan patterns

courte

Smash Lord
What part about "Don't discuss Jigglypuff" do you not understand?

I know I've learned my lesson, Jigglypuff arguments always end the same.
There's just no way you can tell people what to do. The best route is to ask and hope for the best.

Why cuts? My only thoughts are for balance, to keep the roster fresh, to reinvent characters and to give other characters a fair shake.

but 60% of my platform is balance. Roster gets too big, and it becomes a nightmare. And balance is something they do take into account, despite appearances. It's not all fanservice,

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
70%
Let's discuss something new.
Your reaction to Dr. Kawashima being confirmed for Super Smash Bros 4.
Eh. I figure there will be another huge shocker character, so I'm all open for fighters. I'd be perplexed, dumbfounded, angry for a bit, and indifferent afterwards. When the likes of ROB and Mr. G&W were announced, I wasn't pissed they were in the game, they seemed like fun characters. But Kawashima doesn't really fit that bill for me.

courte

Smash Lord
Just asking, how would you guys react IF, please read IF, the game came out with MAX 40 characters

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just asking, how would you guys react IF, please read IF, the game came out with MAX 40 characters
Assuming no one gets cut, I think it will be over 40 because for sure we will have Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii. So adding all the newcomers makes it 41, which to me feels very barren. For sure we'll get 45-47 characters.

courte

Smash Lord
How would you guys react

IF

the game only came out with 40 characters, and some of them were as radically different as say Pit :seems: to be so far?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
He has a body. Dr. Kawashima is a floating head.
I'd imagine he would tilt his head forward while moving his hands jumping from side to side when he is moving. And when Dr. Kawashima is standing, he moves around his fingers in a piano like manner. Also if you guys seriously don't know, he was given hands in Brain Age: Concentration Training.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I'd imagine he would tilt his head forward while moving his hands jumping from side to side when he is moving. And when Dr. Kawashima is standing, he moves around his fingers in a piano like manner. Also if you guys seriously don't know, he was given hands in Brain Age: Concentration Training.
He's a head with hands. Seriously. At least suggest characters with bodies.

courte

Smash Lord
I know this isn't the place for it, but i was looking at the developer direct video, scanning for changes. So is Battlefield going to have just different modes, because at one point it's literally the exact same stage missing the three platforms. Please tell me that's not going to be the new Final Destination.

It's got variable stages like Injustice right. Right? RIGHT!?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know this isn't the place for it, but i was looking at the developer direct video, scanning for changes. So is Battlefield going to have just different modes, because at one point it's literally the exact same stage missing the three platforms. Please tell me that's not going to be the new Final Destination.

It's got variable stages like Injustice right. Right? RIGHT!?
Pretty sure we won't be able to play on Flatfield, was probably only there for testing and showcasing purposes.

courte

Smash Lord
aww i got all excited for nothing.

why is there not a more parkour infused luigi appearing!?

I see, you guys are not used to a character that's just a floating head ehh. You'll get used to it eventually when Sakurai reveals him, I'm not the best portrayer.

yes. Him. and Adross. Both of them. Gets us a new StarFox while you're at it though.
&MachRider.&F-Zero.&KingdomHearts:GummiShipVita.&Takemaru'sCastle.

Seriously I believe in you. You can do it.
No, really you'd better not let me down. Or i'll get Marx in this game. I don't care how many ***** i'll have to suck, i'll make it happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom