• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Exactly Manly, hence, Impa really, really is not a bad idea at all. It's now or never. Do or die.

Impa is awesome, and worthy of Smash. She alone sticks out as the only real viable choice for a Zelda character that is not a variation of Link, Zelda or Ganondorf. I believe that'd be the best thing to do.

Otherwise, make Impa and Zelda ACTUAL duo characters. Like, Impa standing in Zelda's shadow while she fights and attacking at the same time as Zelda. That's another sort of potential Sheik
wouldn't be able to do.
Or you could have Oot skeik doing that (for cliche story reasons I would rather have that)

Just you wait till I get my kaepora gaebora idea into the air :troll:

A guy sent an idea to LEGO to make legend of Zelda Legos (insert screams of wanting)

:phone:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
No one is worse than Fi.

-Scenario A-

*Crashes Car*
Fi: It appears this vehicle is unable to function.
Link: No $h!t sherlock.

-Scenario B-

*Brings item to the register table*
Cashier: That will be 75 Rupees
Fi: It appears this item costs 75 Rupees.
Link: Yeah, I know the cashier JUST said that.
Fi: You should try dousing for some.
Link: I have enough to--
Fi: My indicators tell me there is a 100% chance that you already have enough.
Link:.....

-Scenario C-
*Toaster burns toast*
Fi: It appears--
Link: Shut Up!!!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Did you know that owls are regarded as a symbol of knowledge?

That literally makes people who mash A to skip the owl's dialogue... ignorant! :troll:

So, if you don't want to be pressing A all the time... listen to Ol' Kaepora Gaebora's advice, lest you become ignorant and impatient! :troll::troll::troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Seriously, people really had trouble with Kaebora Gaebora? If you actually read the words instead of smashing your head on the A button like an idiot, maybe you'll not go through the messages again. Seriously, it's not that hard.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Did you know that owls are regarded as a symbol of knowledge?

That literally makes people who mash A to skip the owl's dialogue... ignorant! :troll:

So, if you don't want to be pressing A all the time... listen to Ol' Kaepora Gaebora's advice, lest you become ignorant and impatient! :troll::troll::troll:
Yeah, but humans have more knowledge than owls. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Seriously, people really had trouble with Kaebora Gaebora? If you actually read the words instead of smashing your head on the A button like an idiot, maybe you'll not go through the messages again. Seriously, it's not that hard.
I'm sure everyone reads the first time, but when you're replaying the game, you just wanna play.

D

Deleted member

No one is worse than Fi.

-Scenario A-

*Crashes Car*
Fi: It appears this vehicle is unable to function.
Link: No $h!t sherlock.

-Scenario B-

*Brings item to the register table*
Cashier: That will be 75 Rupees
Fi: It appears this item costs 75 Rupees.
Link: Yeah, I know the cashier JUST said that.
Fi: You should try dousing for some.
Link: I have enough to--
Fi: My indicators tell me there is a 100% chance that you already have enough.
Link:.....

-Scenario C-
*Toaster burns toast*
Fi: It appears--
Link: Shut Up!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQd_PeOf2R0
Also,
[COLLAPSE="from another thread, oh the irony..."]You kidding? I hate it when games blatantly tell you what to do, or make the solutions to puzzles too damn obvious, or interrupt the game to tell you how to do ****.

Legend of Zelda I'm looking at you, ESPECIALLY YOU Squidward Sword

Or how about those stupid FOLLOW arrows in the already LINEAR-AS-**** FPS games like CoD and Battlefield 3.

Whatever happened to intuitive game design?

MEGAMAN MEGAMAN, YOU NEED TO JUMP OVER THAT GAP.
Well Noooooooo ****ing ****!!

I think everyone here needs to have a look at Egoraptor's Sequelitis if they haven't already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM

I may not always agree with Ego, but he's on the money with this series.[/COLLAPSE]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marimanas is Link's name according to Fi. Or at least, that's how I heard it.

Well, hopefully there won't be a project as Subspace Emmisary again in Smash. Cause that took a lot of development time from Brawl, Sakurai said.

Then again, he's developing TWO games this time. I bet the guy is pretty damn busy with his work all day.
There should be a story mode that is similar, but more well down and put together

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No, they should not do a story mode that is similar to Subspace Emissary. The last thing we need is a really boring and tedious experience clogging up development time and causing everything else to suffer because of it.

This would be one of those rare cases where taking a step back would be a good thing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Story mode in a game like Smash doesn't work very well, due to the different nature of the source games. I mean, compare how Zelda handles storytelling with how Star Fox or Kid Icarus: Uprising do.

For example, a character like Link is usually a silent protagonist and most dialogue in Zelda is via text boxes, while Star Fox and Kid Icarus: Uprising have voice acting even during gameplay. No matter what approach to story telling would it be, it would always look awkward on some characters.

The only exception to this would be if the story was comedic and humorous in nature, not taking itself seriously and parodying many of the source games as well as Nintendo's history, otherwise it will be dull like SSE.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know, with Higuchi involved in the project, I do hope we at least get something reminiscent of how the Tales games tend to play out. Those games tend to build up cliches typical found in RPG's, but then deconstructs or subverts them. Those games also tend to have a sense of humor to them, which is more apparent with the skit feature and certain running gags like a certain character in each game being a lethal chef.

D

Deleted member

My thoughts on story:

If you're gonna do it, do it right, but it shouldn't take away from the focus of the franchise: fighting.

Storytelling is an art, and it isn't a necessary component in gaming; therefore, if you can't get it right, then just scrap it and drop the idea.

First and foremost, presentation. No cutscenes and minimal to no voice acting. Both are huge memory hogs and the resources are better applied to something else. Visual Novel style CGs and text will get things across much better than cutscenes, plus you give players something else to collect. Also by making all character interactions text based, you give yourself the opportunity to hide some ibteractions in the story and thus encourage replayability and exploration (see Sengoku Rance as an example (I know I don't shut up about this game, but it really is an overlooked gem)). The only cutscenes you should have in the game should be for stage/level introduction like in Melee's Adventure Mode.

To be continued as I'm running low on battery...
:phone:[/s]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Master, the batteries of your telephone are almost completely depleted!

As for Story Mode, I wouldn't know what to expect. Hopefully it's not as hideous as SSE though.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Mario games are faster than Sonic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze_uxxFJTvE

If your talking about games like Sonic Generations to Mario Galaxy fair enough. But the speed in later sonic levels are usually slowed down due to platforming hazards.
Haha that was funny. Especially the part about Dr. Robotnik being faster than Sonic because it does seem like Sonic can't catch him at times.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Master, the batteries of your telephone are almost completely depleted!
I suggest a 70% probability that you should recharge your phone.

inb4 HyperFalcon says SSE was good.
That's the same person that thinks Jumpman and Mario are separate characters, so no matter what she says it's going to most likely be a load of rubbish.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Playing SSE alone is a pain. It does feel slightly better playing it in 2-player mode.
SSE sucked because it borders on impossible to properly include 38 protagonists in a story. The only part I enjoyed was the DK arc.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I miss adventure mode in Melee. Short sweet and to the point.

Fi: Master! There is a 75% chance that Sakurai will ditch SSE for Adventure Mode.

Link: :)

Fi: Sensors also indicate that your recovery still sucks.

Link: :c

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
One thing that Smash 4 desperately needs is the worlds of characters, like in Melee. Instead of generic jungles, labs, caves, etc. we need to go to The Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, The Lylat System, Zebes, etc. With enemies from said locations as well.

At least, that's what I think.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speaking of enemies, does anyone wants the strange subspace enemies to return?
I would prefer to replace them with other well known Mario/Zelda/Kirby enemies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
If we get worlds from the characters, no. I, too, would much rather fight Koopas, Stalfos, and Waddle Dee's than a floating fish eye.

D

Deleted member

Unless Tabuu returns, none of the Subspace originals are likely to return. I'm pretty sure the extracted Shadow Bugs died along with Tabuu and Subspace.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Speaking of enemies, does anyone wants the strange subspace enemies to return?
I would prefer to replace them with other well known Mario/Zelda/Kirby enemies.

I always found it odd when the Goombas and Koopas stole DK anc Diddy's banana stash(For what reason i have yet to figure out), but when you played the level generic eye monsters roamed the stage.

@ GoldenYuiitusin: I was never a fan of Tabuu i would rather have the Master Hand as the main boss in the smash series

D

Deleted member

....No, on the same level that Goombas and Koopas stole the banana stash, you fought Goombas and Koopas on the level.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Tabuu was kind of a thing that's for sure. It's probably one of the most forgettable antagonists in the history of Nintendo, which is saying a lot actually.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Really? because i don't recall that was the case.

But yeah, Tabuu he was random and out of place in the ''story''.

Speaking of forgettable antagonists, I hope all the Tikis get is a boss cameo, i would be pisses if they got in over King K. Rool

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Tabuu's design was... meh. A blue colored man with a hole where his heart would have been. There better be a more memorable boss this time.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Story or no story, if there's an adventure mode, don't make original enemies. Sure, I think Primids were nice, but I found the lack of Waddle Dees, ReDeads, Octoroks and such enemies disturbing.

I would like if they emphasized on Nintendo enemies this time, instead of resorting to original foes.

Maybe have Metroids and Komaytos in the same level so Pit would crack some jokes on how those enemies are similar. =P

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
With Omega Metroid or Mother Brain as a boss? Then we could have, say, The Imprisoned, Marx, (Or 02) and Medusa as bosses?
With Melee's character worlds and Brawl's story bosses, I personally think that could be nice.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
For story mode, I just hope next time they do a better job of explaining exactly how integrated all the different worlds are. I like how they did it in NamcoxCapcom, where only characters from similar time periods were integrated with each other. (I hope that makes sense)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Here's some boss ideas.

Bosses said:
Mario:
Bowser
King Boo
Petey Piranha
Bowser Jr. & The koopalings
King Bob-Omb

Wario:
Wario

Zelda:
Ganondorf
Zant
Beast Ganon (Ocarina of Time version)
Ghirahim
Vaati

Donkey Kong:
King K Rool
Tiki Tong

Metroid:
Ridley
Mother Brain
Meta Ridley

Kid Icarus:
Medusa
Hades

Kirby:
Marx
Galacta Knight

Xenoblade:
Metal Face

Fire Emblem:
Black Knight (can't think of anyone else lol)

Pokemon:
Giratina
Genesect
Team Rocket
N
Mewtwo

Earthbound:
Starman
Porky

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't really like the idea of either Melee or Brawl's adventure modes. Both were tedious. But if I had to choose, I'd rather have Brawl's. Do it once then get it over with instead of doing it over and over again, especially since we already have Classic and All-Star and especially if we end up with around 50 characters... I'd like to see more location's and enemies from Nintendo's universe making appearances.

The single player stuff can be done by a seperate team while the other can focus on the multiplayer stuff. Isn't that the reason they brought in Namco to help? Could have sworn that's why their helping out... Or at least with the balancing part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom