• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hence, the "?" and the "if" when did I say you hated Lucario ? I asked you and answered with "if" because I didn't know if you hated him or not and it seems you do hate him you wouldn't reply if you don't you idiot, because "if" is a condition term and I said to you all these things if you did hate Lucario because if you don't you would have understood that you only had to reply if you hated Lucario if you didn't you just had to answer the first question.....and all the characters you listed above except snake got the boot why would I bother talking about them....and Snake isn't a guest character enough said.
But why would you infer I hate Lucario in the first place? A Mewtwo fan would also get pissed for not including him so why does it matter since both parties will be pissed. As for both leaving them in but then that would mean that Pokemon would have more reps than Mario which should never happen (I'm just counting the PKMN trainer). In my opinion, Mewtwo should of never been taken out. As for my roster, I weighed Lucario and Mewtwo and found him much more iconic and famous. I hardly even considered how a fan would react...because....well this is my wishlist/prediction roster.

First read the whole thing, and don't put your heart into such thing,
Ummm....what? In order to do something fully you have to put your heart into it. You can be both logical and having "heart" in your roster.

But thanks for coaching me on roster making :)

to do a Roster you have to stand on facts,
And it's fact that people want Lucario over Mewtwo? I'd like to see these facts. Not saying it's not true but, you said you need facts so please present them.

and facts says that whoever Gamefreak chooses will come back and I didn't say MewTwo won't come back I very much like MewTwo but facts are facts and removing Lucario with putting MewTwo back would be something stupid, I believe your IQ level doesn't qualify you to understand what I'm writing so I will leave that there.
Says the guy who uses commas instead of periods.

My point stands, your whole comment is based on an invalid argument because I never assumed you hate Lucario because if I did my reply would something like that "I assume you hate Lucario" not "Do you hate Lucario ?
I'll repeat myself: Why would you ask that question in the first place? Just simply ask "Why no Lucario?" or something around those lines. You also assumed I chose Mewtwo entirely based on fan response which I proved false.

if you do..".....and I think I was right to make the analogy because you don't seem to have a high IQ level seriously go do some tests, after if you were under 75 IQ you will get to use the handicapped toilets and parking :D, I wouldn't miss it if I were you...
Again, nice use of punctuation and composition. 

I know you are presenting an argument and I agree on a little of it. Lucario is a great character. But your second post was a bad attempt to discredit my original post by bringing my intelligence into question which failed horribly. Really? Calling me an idiot and saying I can use the handicapped toilets? I know you can insult me better!

Oh and for the record I do use handicapped toilets. They are much bigger, always have toilet paper, and, here in Japan, they mostly have squat toilets that look like a urnal laying on it's back. Going in a Japanese squat toilet only serves to spray god knows what all over your pant legs so in order to prevent this catastrophe, I use handicap when they are available. So yeah, I do use handicap toilets. You were right for once.

But I can't be mad because I got a response concerning my roster. Cutting characters isn't a crime. Sure, fans get butthurt but they learn to adjust. I believe cutting characters refreshes the character roster and allows for deserving characters to step in and take thier place.

I'm gonna redo my roster and take JavaCroc's and Lukinhaas advice.

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I know you were trying to make a point Venus, but seriously, the third to last paragraph of yours is really too much information. Now, as for your roster... It's different, that is for certain. You get brownie points for having Dark Samus on there. Toon Zelda/Sheik is a very strange pick, though I understand your reasoning behind selecting them both.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I edited to remove some of the grosser parts, Star. Apologies to anyone grossed out by it.

I 100% support Dark Samus and believe she can be made unique and different from Samus. I think people read Dark Samus but only see Samus clone. I also support Toon Zelda/Tetra but ONLY if they have an original move set. For example, Zelda can use possession or wielding possessed giant swords.

And Ikesama, I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway. You have every right to rip apart my roster and that's why I out it up: to be critiqued. But please, you should know if you make assumptions or question my intelligence, I'll bite back.

And in order to not spam up the roster discussion thread, I am willing and I'd like to bring this discussion to the Lucario boards to see what the other members are saying. I am well aware you brought our discussion to them (and you called me "some idiot").

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I 100% support Dark Samus and believe she can be made unique and different from Samus. I think people read Dark Samus but only see Samus clone. I also support Toon Zelda/Tetra but ONLY if they have an original move set. For example, Zelda can use possession or wielding possessed giant swords.
I'm probably in the minority, but I have no problem with a character being based off of another as long as they play differently. Dark Samus is one of three characters I can see being a surprise character.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I edited to remove some of the grosser parts, Star. Apologies to anyone grossed out by it.

And Ikesama, I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway. You have every right to rip apart my roster and that's why I out it up: to be critiqued. But please, you should know if you make assumptions or question my intelligence, I'll bite back.

And in order to not spam up the roster discussion thread, I am willing and I'd like to bring this discussion to the Lucario boards to see what the other members are saying. I am well aware you brought our discussion to them (and you called me "some idiot").

Damn you make me out like I'm the bad guy :p, anyways I'm sorry for insulting you I called you an idiot and you proved me otherwise, so "gomenesai" for calling you an idiot....it just seemed that fanboyism make intelligent people sound like Idiots. Fanboyism is a dangerous weapon xD.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Has anyone ever consider knuckles joe
I have. Not in a way that I think he will be playable, but more that I think he was in consideration to be playable at a point.

...it just seemed that fanboyism make intelligent people sound like Idiots. Fanboyism is a dangerous weapon xD.
lol

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'm probably in the minority, but I have no problem with a character being based off of another as long as they play differently. Dark Samus is one of three characters I can see being a surprise character.
I'm in that minority. I still would love to see Dr. Mario return as a full-on character for SSB4. Same goes for newcomer Dark Samus. People tend to overreact over character alternates when there's nothing inherently wrong about them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Dr. Mario would be more an alternative costume for Mario. But I would be somewhat interested in Paper Mario being playable, even though I still would prefer Toad as a Mario representative.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Paper Mario can always represent his own series, just like how Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Wario have their own series'.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I still dislike the idea of Paper Mario representing his own series with his own icon. If Paper Mario gets his own icon, then what's stopping Paper Luigi, Paper Bowser, and Paper Peach from getting in?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still dislike the idea of Paper Mario representing his own series with his own icon. If Paper Mario gets his own icon, then what's stopping Paper Luigi, Paper Bowser, and Paper Peach from getting in?
Wario is pretty much on his own, so that shouldn't be a major issue in Paper Mario's case.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Paper Mario can always represent his own series, just like how Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Wario have their own series'.
Anything less would, honestly, be surprising. We have, what, four games in the series now? Paper Mario has, consistently, been one of the best selling virtual console games on the Wii; and, depending on whether Nintendo goes through with a Gamecube VC service, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door might end up being re-released in the future as well. If any Mario character (or series) "deserves" better representation, it's him/it.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I 100% support Dark Samus and believe she can be made unique and different from Samus. I think people read Dark Samus but only see Samus clone.
Dark Samus is not all that interesting,not because she can become a clone or not,but because Ridley is more interesting.

But maybe Samus' alternative costume.

bombers14

Smash Apprentice

Thoughts? it is a mix between a prediction and a wishlist roster. I took some creative liberties. I will be most likely taking out Terra, Ryu, and possibly Jiggly in the future.
Who is that on the bottom left.
TOP 5 newcomers for me
GENERAL SCALES
Zant
Leon
ridley
Dark samus​

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
If I see one more roster with Bowser Jr. having Shadow Mario as a partner I will go crazy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wario is pretty much on his own, so that shouldn't be a major issue in Paper Mario's case.
Yes, but you already have people requesting more Wario characters like Captain Syrup, Mona, Ashley, etc. IMO, none of the WarioWare characters really stood out for me. At least Captain Syrup used to be a recurring villain of the Wario Land series but the Land series seems to be dead while the Ware series is thriving. :urg:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yes, but you already have people requesting more Wario characters like Captain Syrup, Mona, Ashley, etc. IMO, none of the WarioWare characters really stood out for me. At least Captain Syrup used to be a recurring villain of the Wario Land series but the Land series seems to be dead while the Ware series is thriving. :urg:
Captain Syrup makes sense in some way. Anyway, Kat & Ana are pretty much the only WarioWare employees who would really work as fighter material. However, I'm not entirely crazy about them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The Wario franchise doesn't need a second representative, mostly because it lacks competent choices anyway (Waluigi doesn't count).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, so Lyn is once again relevant. Watch as her fanbase implode once more when she's revealed to be an Assist Trophy on a 9/11. :troll:

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
I realize a couple are clones, but here's My top 5:

1: Boo (heavyweight version of JigglyPuff, and he better have his little ghost laugh) *Favorite idea*
2: Black Night from FE
3: Knuckles (heavy hardhitting version of Sonic)
4: Banjo Kazooie (egg projectiles and Kazooie based b-moves/ Banjo smash attacks)
5: Rayman (with a ridiculous grab range since he has no arms lol)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Wario franchise doesn't need a second representative, mostly because it lacks competent choices anyway (Waluigi doesn't count).
Waluigi can't count as he's never been a Wario character in the first place. He's solely a Mario character.

But so is Geno(he's just not a Nintendo character).

Kat & Ana and Captain Syrup(as well as Shake King) are the easiest ones to implement anyway.

Also, both it and Yoshi could use one to further separate them from the Mario series.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Waluigi can't count as he's never been a Wario character in the first place. He's solely a Mario character.
Of course Waluigi isn't a Wario universe character, hence why I said "Waluigi doesn't count" in the first place. I stated that because people get confused or are misinformed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Of course Waluigi isn't a Wario universe character, hence why I said "Waluigi doesn't count" in the first place. I stated that because people get confused or are misinformed.
To be fair, I thought you meant because he wasn't an eligible or worthy choice as a character.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I still think he'd be fun to play as. I hope he's in New Super Mario Bros. Wii U.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Y'know, reading this thread and various support threads and looking at the Roster Prediction Thread has gotten me thinking about this whole debate over new Mario characters. Then I had a mindboggling crazy idea.

What if - are you ready for this, guys? - we added two newcomers from the Mario franchise?

THE AUDACITY

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Y'know, reading this thread and various support threads and looking at the Roster Prediction Thread has gotten me thinking about this whole debate over new Mario characters. Then I had a mindboggling crazy idea.

What if - are you ready for this, guys? - we added two newcomers from the Mario franchise?

THE AUDACITY
Lol can't tell if your being sarcastic or not. But I'd love to see Boo. He'd be a very good smash newcomer
from the mario world imo.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
They should add Makar from WW to the mix. He is a boss and should also be given abilities to help him reach top tier. #Makar2012

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Like I've said before towards this idea, can't say I like the idea in full, but mostly because I don't like the Mario newcomers as a whole, it could solve a lot of arguments though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
While Wario is part of the Mario Universe, he has his own series to represent. The same thing also applies to Donkey Kong and Yoshi.
Donkey Kong was never a Mario character, though.

He's just lumped in because of the same universe.

Wario and Yoshi are Mario characters, but they also are their own franchise.

This applies to Tingle as well. He's in the same boat, really. Can't think of other series just like this, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom