• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Been gone all day which is why I'm only now posting again.

Happy belated birthday Kiwi...

So much yes! I can't wait to see this new Super Saiyan God mode Goku has in action.
There's leaked images on how it looks appearance-wise, and I have to say I was kinda disappointed. The fan-made SS5 images **** all over it in the looks department, or even that infamous golden SS4 pic. Am sure it'll still be an awesome form in action though.

It's funny that in the same year Goku and Mewtwo get new form(e)s.
Looks like they'll need to re-do the Goku vs Superman fight. :awesome: What's perhaps more funny though is how the new villain is a humanoid psychocat like Mewtwo.

@Ridley Prime

I'm not looking forward to the new DBZ movie. It'll be just like all the other DBZ movies, boring and predictable.

Honestly, the only good DBZ movies are Lord Slug, Fusion Reborn, and Cooler's Revenge.

Now Dragonball Movies, those are awesome.
Unlike most of the other movies though, this one's actually canon, thus retconning GT (for anyone still arguing that GT was canon at least), and no. It doesn't follow the same usual predictable formula of Goku ultimately beating the bad guy with spirit bomb, fusion, dragon fist, or some ****, surprisingly. (spoiled it for myself by reading most of the script)

Both the Cooler movies and the Bardock one were the best previous ones IMO. Lord Slug I thought was one of the worst, but to each their own.

I forgot it existed.
Me too. One of those fun things I probably should've played more in Smash.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
For those wanting to put Newtwo on their roster, UberPyro64 from GameFAQs made a picture: http://imageshack.us/a/img818/505/iconnewtwo.png

Not going to change my roster since I do expect Mewtwo to return in his original form but with Newtwo as his Final Smash, but just wanted to share this.
I like the one by _Super_Shadow_ better .
We need one with both on there as well.

Kind of like the Zelda/Sheik one.
Just made one.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
With the announcement of a new forme of Mewtwo or just a new Mewtwo-like Pokemon, I have updated my SSB4 roster to reflect that.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
You all do realize that Newtwo or whatever its gonna be called doesn't completely detract MEWtwo's chances of being in.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Also, in my opinion, Zoroark's chances are slim to none now. But that's just my opinion. I'm not a developer for Smash 4. By the way ,remember when Serebi had those vague Pre release Brawl hints?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You all do realize that Newtwo or whatever its gonna be called doesn't completely detract MEWtwo's chances of being in.
Sure, it won't keep Mewtwo out of SSB4. Keep repeating it and you'll start to believe it. Whatever helps you sleep better at night. :troll:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
People need to get this in their heads....

No Matter how popular MewTwo and Roy are, they will only be included if there was no cuts in their respective franchise (Sonic and Snake are guest characters for them leaving the roster =/= being cut) ....For example: If Ike was cut ? Roy will never come back, or If Lucario was cut ? Well MewTwo is a special case....but you get the point.

D

Deleted member

Unlike most of the other movies though, this one's actually canon, thus retconning GT (for anyone still arguing that GT was canon at least), and no. It doesn't follow the same usual predictable formula of Goku ultimately beating the bad guy with spirit bomb, fusion, dragon fist, or some ****, surprisingly. (spoiled it for myself by reading most of the script)

Both the Cooler movies and the Bardock one were the best previous ones IMO. Lord Slug I thought was one of the worst, but to each their own.
Fair enough. Bardock Special is great. But like the Trunks one, it's not a movie. It's an OVA special.

Bardock is actually my favorite DBZ character.... Well, till he was ruined recently.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I think I'm the only person alive that really liked that one DBZ movie called Dead Zone, and only marginally enjoyed some of the others (Fusion Reborn, Bardock, and the Cooler movies).

Smooth Criminal

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

No Matter how popular MewTwo and Roy are, they will only be included if there was no cuts in their respective franchise (Sonic and Snake are guest characters for them leaving the roster =/= being cut) ....For example: If Ike was cut ? Roy will never come back, or If Lucario was cut ? Well MewTwo is a special case....but you get the point.
Ike > Roy in terms of priority
Mewtwo = Lucario perhaps? Maybe Mewtwo has slight priority now though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Why do you think that Pokémon and FE will receive cuts? Both Ike and Lucario are popular even today. No reason to cut them.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Cuts aren't OUT OF THE QUESTION, just, we don't know how necessarily they are this time around. With Brawl we found out about cuts pretty early on.

D

Deleted member

Cuts aren't OUT OF THE QUESTION, just, we don't know how necessarily they are this time around. With Brawl we found out about cuts pretty early on.
I strongly believe that Sakurai will attempt to bring everyone back for this game (with the possible exception of Sonic & Snake). So I don't think he will announce cuts on Nintendo characters and that if there are any, we won't find out until the game gets released (and they would be due to time constraints).

Sonic & Snake, on the other hand, we will likely find out early if they will return or not.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It, quite frankly, depends on the desired new direction for the series and to make room for new characters.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sonic is not going anywhere, if anything he may get more development this time around. Not sure about Snake but I doubt they cut him as well because of his popularity.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Mewtwo is more advertised than Lucario, as such more people know who he is. It seems like there's always an event for a Pokemon game including Mewtwo, as such:
Mewtwo>Lucario
I don't think that Lucario should be cut, though. The roster would look cool like this for Pokemon:
Pikachu
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
6th Gen Rep
Charizard because he is the 2nd most popular Pokemon(?)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mewtwo is more advertised than Lucario, as such more people know who he is. It seems like there's always an event for a Pokemon game including Mewtwo, as such:
Mewtwo>Lucario
I don't think that Lucario should be cut, though. The roster would look cool like this for Pokemon:
Pikachu
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
6th Gen Rep
Charizard because he is the 2nd most popular Pokemon(?)
Couple problems.
Pokemon Trainer should stay.
Mewtwo can now qualify as a Gen VI rep.

So Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo/Newtwo should work out perfectly.

D

Deleted member

It, quite frankly, depends on the desired new direction for the series and to make room for new characters.
Going off by the assumption that a reboot doesn't happen (which I think will be the case, Smash 5 seems more likely for a reboot). But if a reboot does come to past, lots of cuts would occur.
Volbound1000 said:
Sonic is not going anywhere, if anything he may get more development this time around. Not sure about Snake but I doubt they cut him as well because of his popularity.
Sonic is third-party. I'm not saying he will get cut but given the nature of third-parties, he could get cut.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Saying a character will never come back is a bit of a stretch. "Never" is a very strong word. Where are you getting the idea that they can't get in without another character being cut anyway? There is no evidence of that, and therefore all you are saying is your opinion.

This is like me saying that Sakurai could decide to can Ike because he decides he hates him, and replace him with Roy. Or hating Lucario and replacing him with Mewtwo. I really in fact do NOT get your point.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Lucario and Mewtwo are both so HUGE to Pokemon that Smash could easily afford to have them both. In fact Pokemon's best route would be to go no cuts and add Mewtwo back.

peeup

Smash Lord
The Pokemon roster will look like this:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewthree
Pokemon Trainer Red

I would also love to see any or all of these:
Pichu
Plusle and Minun
Pokemon Trainer Gold