• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With Ocarina of Time being regarded as one of the best games ever, one could understand Sheik as a representative of that game.

Unrelated, but...

D

Deleted member

-"New Mewtwo" is not a different character. It's a new form recently announced for Mewtwo, an existing character. (Anyone thinking it's a "Mewthree" or some crap like that is deluding themselves. The movie is about Mewtwo's Awakening and how we "haven't seen the real Mewtwo yet". Illogically bringing in another modified Mew out of the blue goes against that.) This is of course, making the assumption that this revelation is real.
-"New Sheikah character" isn't exactly new. The character's been in the series before in a fraction of the games, and her "role" in the latest game is on the same level as new character Groose.
-Sheik is not a different person from Zelda. You'd have to be a complete dumbass to evaluate "role" seperately. Saying Sheik had a "small role" in OoT is literally saying ZELDA had a small role. See how stupid that sounds? Especially when Sheik being Zelda was a major plot point in itself, being a method to hide from Ganondorf, who is hunting down the Triforce, a piece of which "Sheik" has.
-Saying Mewtwo "only panders to nostalgia" is extremely hypocritical when you heavily support an old Japanese character from 1986 who never really caught on.
-People disliking a new form for a character is not the same as people disliking the character.

Not even noon, and the bogus has been released by both Dixie and Jalapeno.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Link, ganondorf and Zelda still represent that game. Dropping shiek doesn't mean OoT is being ignored.

I mean zelda got her specials from that game and its where ganondorf was created.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Remember, we are playing as characters, not representatives or generations. To quote KumaOso, "this isn't the Congress." :troll:

peeup

Smash Lord
-"New Mewtwo" is not a different character. It's a new form recently announced for Mewtwo, an existing character. (Anyone thinking it's a "Mewthree" or some crap like that is deluding themselves. The movie is about Mewtwo's Awakening and how we "haven't seen the real Mewtwo yet". Illogically bringing in another modified Mew out of the blue goes against that.) This is of course, making the assumption that this revelation is real.
Couldn't another modified Mewtwo be the real Mewtwo? Like a Cell perfect form? Not sure really, but I don't think you can automatically rule out the possibility of it being an evolution or a modified version, or really anything.
I am Frostwraith and I am dumb
Fixed for accuracy.

D

Deleted member

Couldn't another modified Mewtwo be the real Mewtwo? Like a Cell perfect form? Not sure really, but I don't think you can automatically rule out the possibility of it being an evolution or a modified version, or really anything.
Perfect Cell was literally another form for Cell after he absorbed the two Androids.
A "modified Mewtwo" would be a 2nd Mewtwo, but supposedly "awakened" in power compared to the first.

Hence why I said it's a new form for Mewtwo and not a "Mewthree".

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
If they are in their twilight princess forms they are not representing OoT, therefore making sheik the only OoT representative.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hi there, I'm AEM and this is what I'm seeing in Sm4sh Bros.

Newcomers on the list include: Waluigi, King K. Rool, Takamaru, Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Shulk, Mega Man, and Pac-Man (Dr. Mario returns as an alternate costume).
The Mii is exclusive to the 3DS version, but can be sent into the Wii U version with four save slots. Enough for 1 per person (Assuming the game will stay as a 4 Player game).

It has a total of 45 selectable Characters (54 total including Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and the 4 Mii slots individually).

Also I kept Lucario because he's still popular today, even with a 6th Generation on it's way (He'll still probably get replaced anyways though).
Now this is a roster I can get behind!
Only needs Roy and Isaac.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I didn't see lobo's post at first but I guess to both.

If zelda characters only represented whatever form they took on then I suppose its an extremely good guess to factor in recentness into all of our character rosters (oh no! how horrid). Zelda characters represent the franchise as a whole. Zelda's moveset specifically is completely from OoT.

There are a few things I disagree with on the roster. My biggest complaint is pacman.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
M2's really trying to pull strings closer to Giegue, isn't he?

I sincerely hope that is a fake. (-=______________=);;;;;

Toon Link doesn't suck. He's just better Link.

But that's mostly what there is to him.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I disagree with Zelda, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem choices but my biggest complaint is Waluigi. Toad should be playable instead.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yeah. And really, Mewtwo was good as he was. He doesn't need this... wierd design. A head becomes a tail? (What are you trying to be, Giygas?)

And he looks less mature and serious. Kinda would just work as some pre-evolution than a new one.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
"Myutsuu puresento gaido"

Why does Japan get all the cool freebies? That's what makes me salty about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom