• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Skullgirls, in general, has a strong influence from cartoons from the 1920's to 1950's. You can see this especially in Peacock. There's also Parasoul whose design was greatly inspired by Jessica Rabbit.

But you know, I was expecting you to notice Peacock sending in planes, bombs, and such while she did most of the fighting. That's what I picture a CO to do in Smash.
I was having a hard time seeing everything on my phone while on the bus. I am on a school computer now. I see the bombs and planes better now... it pretty much aligns with what I had in mind for Commanding Officer. Click here for some ideas I posted on NinDB last year.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Something that "... Wars" fans may like:http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/intelligent_systems_isnt_done_with_advance_wars_just_yet

It seems as the franchise isn't dead yet, so perhaps it can get a new game. I don't expect this to impact the content we get in Smash 4, but perhaps fans can start hoping for a character/stage/more Assist Trophies at Smash 5.
That's pretty good news, though IS seems too busy nowadays to focus on one of their less successful series. Who knows though, maybe in a couple years...

Thought I'd post this here for fun:

[collapse=Mewtwo Giygas Form?]
[/collapse]

Since this isn't fully confirmed and is only a short time after April 1st, take with a grain of salt. It's up on Serebii, so if fake, it's a pretty good one.

EDIT: And yes this counts as me bringing up Pokemanz. Anyone got a bingo yet?
Honestly... wut is this
WHY?!
Meh, I'm used to it now. Still hope it's fake, but... whatevah. It's better than some other absolutely terrible Mewthree designs. Even if he does have a tail-head. :rolleyes:

If real I still hope regular Mewtwo is the default for Smash.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No. Absolutely not. That'd be like letting MC join the Brawl!
You think Advance Wars plays like or is similar to Halo?

Obviously, you have not played Halo and/or Advance Wars sir. They are nothing alike.

Now that I'm over the whole Mewthree thing.

Perhaps the is an alternate form akin to Giratina and Shaymin.

If so, I wouldn't be too mad as long as the original Mewtwo was still good. Either way, it could be a cool alternate costume for him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hope it's not Mewtwo but an actual 'Mewthree' or something akin to that.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
To be fair imho it doesn't suck that much, only the fact that its head seems to be connected to its butt perplexes me. It's like a full circle? Does its poop go into its brain? Is that its power?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well didn't they say they were revealing a new Pokemon? Either this is a new form for Mewtwo and they have another Pokemon to reveal, or this is a new Pokemon. :ohwell:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well didn't they say they were revealing a new Pokemon? Either this is a new form for Mewtwo and they have another Pokemon to reveal, or this is a new Pokemon. :ohwell:
Pretty much this.

It looks similar enough to Mewtwo to be an alternate form, but it could be very possible that it could be a new Pokémon ("Mewthree").

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It would be ****ing hilarious to see MewPoop revealed at E3 instead of Mewtwo, and the reactions.
I don't know, I want Mewtwo but that would be worth it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Eh. He's probably gonna grow on us like most pokemon do.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Anyways, Pandora's Tower is being released April 16,

Aeron looks freaking awesome, probably now in my support group

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Say... this thread is boiling. Should I sit back and watch while eating popcorn or fuel the flames with gasoline?

Decisions, decisions... :troll:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyways, Pandora's Tower is being released April 16,

Aeron looks freaking awesome, probably now in my support group
In Europe was released early. Meh, the game's not that good or bad, but Aeron is kinda bland. Seemed to me like a Shadow Of The Colossus wannabe anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Mewthree gets in SSB4, I am gonna laugh at the butthurt posts. Sure, we got Mewtwo back but as a 6th gen Pokemon. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Eh. He's probably gonna grow on us like most pokemon do.
Yeah, I'm already indifferent on it. Could be worse. Like I said though, I just hope regular Mewtwo is the default for Smash.

Mewtwo is getting crap thrown at it? Gee, who saw that coming!?

Dip****s...
Yes, because you've always been the most staunch Mewtwo supporter... :rolleyes:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ugh, this whole Mewthree debacle is confusing me. Some say it's real other's say it's fake, some people saying they've seen sketches of it on Deviantart and all. I guess I'll wait until further confirmation... :/

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
If that's Mewtwo's new form, it looks okay I guess. But I'm not sure how I'll feel if it is real.

But yeah, if you can't make Mewtwo look more like Giegue, make him look more like Giygas instead. O.o

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey dude, I can beat this abomination up as the actual Mewtwo that way!

Also I find this fact very funny: new Mewtwo announced: everyone expects him in Smash due to 'relevancy'. New Sheikah character in Zelda with a bigger role than one-timer Sheik: BOO GO AWAY LEAVE SHEIK ALONE!!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wouldn't have minded that as a bonus stage, but it's crap as a fighting stage.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sorry, but pandering to nostalgia and crap isn't my forte.
Nostalgia causes popularity. Popularity matters for Smash.

You can dismiss one of the factors that leads to inclusion if you want, but Mewtwo has more going for him than just nostalgia.

Plus Sakurai panders to nostalgia all the damn time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom